Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    The rick freak out scene was amazing and I was blown away.... but the ending was flat.

cant believe the season is over and now the waiting game.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    So... they seem like they are pretty much fooked right now.

I think we can anticipate another ridiculous 'turn the tables' event where this group of scrubby dubs overpowers the massive group of armed and healthy cannibals- right in the 11th hour.

Just like they overpowered the group of dudes Darryl was hangin' with at the start of the show- while on their knees and staring down gun barrels.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

What was up with this room and the names of people written on the ground, surrounded by candles. Seemed like they were worshipping those who they have eaten?

Umm yeah, that was really fucking creepy.

Pretty decent finale. A little surprised that no one died, but that had kinda become the norm with finales so I guess it was nice that it wasn't so predictable.

Also, where the fuck is Beth?!??
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    My guess is Carol and Tyrese will have watched Ricks group get captured from the woods and help set up the rescue. While bad ass RIck is in charge now, still would not want to cross Carol.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    as someone said previously this could have been a 2hr show no problem. And the fucking commercials eating up the majority of the show brutal. The messing with the wrong bunch comment was cheesy too. :)) Sorry just bitter we gotta wait till October for the answers.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Don't forget about the weapon bag Rick buried. Maybe Judith will sniff it out.

I'm guessing someone or some group that we havent met yet have Beth.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    exactly what i expected and would have predicted. 1) rick reunites with daryl and they take care of joe's group 2) they find out what terminus is really about 3) no one major dies

great episode though! the sound of rick going to town on that guy with his knife made me cringe... it went on for a long, long time! when the group approached that train car and they showed the powdered milk on the ground, i thought for sure judith would have been in there with tyreese and carol, but obviously they didn't arrive yet. obviously they will and obviously they will save the day against incredible odds.

how many brushes with death can rick possibly have before he actually gets killed? i think he has been held at gun point more times than anyone on the show.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Yeah, Rick has managed to avoid very close calls with death numerous times. Joe could have just pulled the trigger, but instead he talks to him and then does the count down. If you really want somebody dead you should take the opportunity when you have the chance. But I loved the part when Rick ripped his neck open.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    And when Rick was ripping that guy open (the one that was assaulting Carl) did you see Carl's wicked stare? That was quite an evil stare.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    And why didn't Daryl tell Rick that Beth was kidnapped? What's with all the secrecy? "Just gone." Really Daryl?
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462

Yeah, Rick has managed to avoid very close calls with death numerous times. Joe could have just pulled the trigger, but instead he talks to him and then does the count down. If you really want somebody dead you should take the opportunity when you have the chance. But I loved the part when Rick ripped his neck open.

Including getting shot in the very first episode!
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options

Including getting shot in the very first episode!
    He got shot when the Governor over ran the prison too. He has amazing recuperative powers.

• Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532

Judith is dead

Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    rival. said:

beth cooking on the grill? and someone made an observation that the car that was used to kidnap her was in the garage where daryl and crew spent the night in? did anyone pick up on that? i missed it if that is true.

Was that car in that garage?? I did NOT see that....that would be interesting!!! Could be they are grilling up Beth?? I def think they are cannibals....my question is why did rick freak so quickly....why not give it time and see what its all about??

"I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

Judith is dead

Why would you say that?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Judith is dead

Why would you say that?
    For the last two weeks I thought they dug three graves when the sisters were killed. Upon further review.....Judith lives!!!

My bad

I don't remeber seeing Carol carrying her when here and Tyrese were walking away from the house....??
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    silver39 said:

rival. said:

beth cooking on the grill? and someone made an observation that the car that was used to kidnap her was in the garage where daryl and crew spent the night in? did anyone pick up on that? i missed it if that is true.

Was that car in that garage?? I did NOT see that....that would be interesting!!! Could be they are grilling up Beth?? I def think they are cannibals....my question is why did rick freak so quickly....why not give it time and see what its all about??

The car that took Beth definitely wasnt in the garage
  • Options
    The Terminus chase scene was ridiculous. I realize they were missing the group on purpose with the bullets to lead them where they wanted them. but the group wouldn't be able to figure out the path of the bullets.
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462

Judith is dead

Why would you say that?
    For the last two weeks I thought they dug three graves when the sisters were killed. Upon further review.....Judith lives!!!

My bad

I don't remeber seeing Carol carrying her when here and Tyrese were walking away from the house....??
    Judith was on Tyreese's back.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options

Judith is dead

Why would you say that?

My bad

Judith was on Tyreese's back.
    Man, not sure how I missed that...
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    Gonna have to agree with what I heard someone say early, Beth is not dinner. The people at Terminus wait for people to come to them, they don't go out hunting for people. Whoever took Beth doesn't fit Terminus' MO. Maybe Beth will be part of freeing Rick's group.

Must say I was surprised no one died from the group.
  • Options

Gonna have to agree with what I heard someone say early, Beth is not dinner. The people at Terminus wait for people to come to them, they don't go out hunting for people. Whoever took Beth doesn't fit Terminus' MO. Maybe Beth will be part of freeing Rick's group.

Must say I was surprised no one died from the group.

The worst part about this plot line is that we know they will eventually get free. Maybe not all will live, but the group will be free. Terminus is setting up another showdown that will take a season to develop. I really wish they would dive more into what is actually causing the outbreak and what is going on in the world around their area. I do look forward to seeing how the Terminus people are living and what their story is.

The scene in the woods was epic. One of the series' best IMO.
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118

What was up with this room and the names of people written on the ground, surrounded by candles. Seemed like they were worshipping those who they have eaten?

Speculation is that the names are of people in their group that have died. The large writing on the walls talks about how they're not going to trust others anymore and lookout for themselves first.
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    I enjoyed most of the season finale, and I love the idea of introducing cannibals. But I don't think the finale was quite what it could have been. The whole "Rick needs to be a farmer so he doesn't turn into a monster!" thing felt odd, especially considering they haven't touched on that for, what, most of the season? As such, the flashbacks seemed a bit out of place.

Like most of you have commented, I was surprised no one of importance died. But I'm guessing during the Great Cannibal Breakout of Fall '14, there will be at least a couple high-profile deaths.

And is it just me, or was Rick and company pretty stupid all going in to Terminus together? I mean, if they were smart enough to bury some weapons, you'd think they'd be smart enough to have Michonne or Daryl hang back out of sight.

Also, hysterical: When the group first comes into Terminus, the leader guy noted "Albert must must be on perimeter." What? One guy for the entire perimeter? Give Albert a break -- Terminus is a big place!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    kw18 said:

Also, hysterical: When the group first comes into Terminus, the leader guy noted "Albert must must be on perimeter." What? One guy for the entire perimeter? Give Albert a break -- Terminus is a big place!

hahaha, i was thinking that too. "fuck, they are really throwing albert under the bus here." but then as the group got chased through terminus and back outside by the train cart there were like 20 people lining the fence with automatic weapons? where were they when rick/michonne/carl were scooping terminus out from outside the permiter?

one thing i thought of... rick is the only one besides glenn that knows tara was with the governor's group when they stormed the prison, right? being locked up in a train cart awaiting to be the cannibal's next feast is enough drama, but i wouldn't be surprised if tara's true "origins" so to speak gets revealed and causes a riff between everyone. especially glenn and maggie as glenn lied to her and said he picked her up on the way.

• Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    rival. said:

kw18 said:

hahaha, i was thinking that too. "fuck, they are really throwing albert under the bus here." but then as the group got chased through terminus and back outside by the train cart there were like 20 people lining the fence with automatic weapons? where were they when rick/michonne/carl were scooping terminus out from outside the permiter?

one thing i thought of... rick is the only one besides glenn that knows tara was with the governor's group when they stormed the prison, right? being locked up in a train cart awaiting to be the cannibal's next feast is enough drama, but i wouldn't be surprised if tara's true "origins" so to speak gets revealed and causes a riff between everyone. especially glenn and maggie as glenn lied to her and said he picked her up on the way.

The whole thing about Albert and then the guys at the back fence made me think they had to have allowed Rick and Company to breach the perimeter. But if that was the case, then they would have spotted them burying the gun cache (so close to the fence? Why?). So my guess is Albert was in charge of perimeter watch, which means he has a small group of people under his command, and they as a whole screwed up (but the guy in charge got blamed).

Also, I'm guessing all those people lined up outside the fence were the perimeter folks who just converged at that location. It was pretty clear the snipers were directing Rick and Company there, after all, and in that time the perimeter cannibals got to their locations.

Hmmm ... I hadn't really considered the issue of Tara's association with the Gov coming up again. I'm guessing no. If it does, I suspect it'll be similar to the Carol and Tyrese scene, or it'll come out right before or right after sacrificing herself to save everyone. One of the two.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    http://amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/spoilers-inside-episode-416-the-walking-dead-a

Come on Daryl. You didn't know how bad Joe's group was? You saw them stomp one of their own to death for lying to Joe. I think that was a pretty good clue.

Post edited by Riverrunner on
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257

The Terminus chase scene was ridiculous. I realize they were missing the group on purpose with the bullets to lead them where they wanted them. but the group wouldn't be able to figure out the path of the bullets.

Yeah, at first it reminded me of some dumb 80's drama where tons of bullets are shot but nobody actually gets shot/killed (very A-Team hahahaha!) but then as it happened I remembered Rick teaching Carl about the rabbit snare... "You need to guide them towards the trap" Then the cheesiness of it went away as I realized they were forcing them towards the rail car.
    I think the show missed out on the opportunity to keep an interesting character around in Joe.

Clearly Tyrese and Carol are going to get them out....somehow. Not sure how that'll work as the people in Terminus have significantly more firepower than Carol's revolver and Tyrese's hammer.

I for one did not like the flashbacks. In a way it seemed like the writing didn't give the viewer enough credit. Did they have to show how Rick put down his gun to grow crops? We all know this! They had multiple shows to deliver this message. I felt it was a waste when the focus could have been placed elsewhere...on perhaps a better cliffhanger.

Oh well, overall I thought it was a solid episode. I just really hope they change it up next year. I'd much prefer to see a darker, more subtle approach whereby allowing the viewer to question not the obvious but the unknown.

I was talking to a friend about The Walking Dead. He's pretty much a super-fan and gets pissed off at me if I question anything. Anyways, I made the analogy that this show is more or less "comfort food". Nothing complex, deep or nuanced...yet something that is insipidly satisfying.
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,930
    I liked the flashbacks (and is the one of Rick outside the truck a flashforward, kinda?) because they were disorienting, and besides the character development I thought the disorientation played well for the episode. The ending was a bit flat, I would've liked to see it cut out just as a brawl was about to ensue, but I still think it was a good episode. I am worried that Terminus is not going to be nearly as exciting as we're thinking it will be.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Thought it was a weak season (with some good bits) but solid finale (with the exception of the last line of the episode by Rick)