Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    ^^
    =))
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924
    This show is definitely one of the better shows on tv nowadays..
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    ^^^^ My wife was showing me this on her FB and I start busting out laughing. She was like whats wrong...whats going on??? As she doesnt watch the show i had to tell her about Sundays episode. that pic is hilarious.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    edited March 2014

Best episode of the season, but.....

Do we really need to go with the plot line of groups finding shelter with water and food and then getting chased away by walkers invading the house?

I feel like the last two episodes will do what the last couple seasons have....Piss you off until the next.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    I've been pretty critical of the show as of late but I felt I need to comment on last week's episode since it seems only fair to praise the show when it gets it right.

By and large I'm a huge fan of the horror genre, sadly most so called 'horror' movies are nothing but gore. So my opinion of them is very low and I hate to even refer to them as such. Gallons of blood and body count does not equal horror. This was one of the reasons I originally liked Walking Dead. It had real elements of horror, scenes where they just left you in awe. I don't mean the well zombie or those classic scenes. Making someone retch is not horror. Sadly the show has leaned too heavily on that lately.

But last week was everything horror should be. When Carol and Tyreese find Mika dead, we didn't need to see the stabbings or the standard fair of 'horror' of screams and gore. And then Carol's actions. Any time a story can lead you in and get you feeling unease, that is what horror is. This week I think Walking Dead did a great job of using zombies to bring about horror and it wasn't zombies being splattered. The corruption of a kid by their environment, and price that was paid for not being able to understand or cope with the reality they face.

Will the show keep to this or are we stuck with one great episode a season with the rest zombie killing and pointless soap opera drama? Obviously every episode can't hit a home run, but if they stop with the bait and switches (Maggie after clearing the boss of zombies), and running circles with the story, and follow a direct story there might be hope for the show.

Two episodes left, and I'm slightly optimistic they will be worth watching, and not for the sake or rolling my eyes and ridicule.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,938
    season finale next week :(
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Oh man! I have a bad feeling Ricks gonna die :((
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Seems like we are headed towards a fight between Rick and Joe's group. Will Darryl make it out alive, since he's now kinda part of their group?

Is this Dr. Eugene guy really a doctor and not some whack job? Talking about video games and stuff, he seems like he's a little "out there".
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

Seems like we are headed towards a fight between Rick and Joe's group. Will Darryl make it out alive, since he's now kinda part of their group?

Is this Dr. Eugene guy really a doctor and not some whack job? Talking about video games and stuff, he seems like he's a little "out there".

I'm sure Darrly would side with Rick. Should be interesting to see what happens. Pretty decent episode to set up the finale. I have a feeling that Terminus won't be what it seems...I've never read the comics so I have no clue what to expect.
  • Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    The picture thing seems foreshadowing for magpies death but hopefully they kill off Glenn instead.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Treyert14 said:

unlikely. i think we have rick until the very biter end. but i am curious about next week's teaser. hand shaking, bloody, eyes shot. looks like he was locked up somewhere?

so... terminus? you can just open the gate and let yourself in? that doesn't seem too secure.

terminus does not make an appearance in the comics, however many people are speculating that it will be full of cannibals, similar to a small camp that the group came across in the comics.
  • Options
    beth cooking on the grill? and someone made an observation that the car that was used to kidnap her was in the garage where daryl and crew spent the night in? did anyone pick up on that? i missed it if that is true.
  • Options
    Anyone recognize this fella from the tunnel that was awesome

• Options
    rival. said:

beth cooking on the grill? and someone made an observation that the car that was used to kidnap her was in the garage where daryl and crew spent the night in? did anyone pick up on that? i missed it if that is true.

The woman who greeted them who was cooking on the grill was named Mary.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884

rival. said:

I think they meant that "steak" Mary was cooking on the grill might be Beth, Hannibal Lecter style.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

rival. said:

I think they meant that "steak" Mary was cooking on the grill might be Beth, Hannibal Lecter style.
    this.

the cannibal plot isn't too big of a strech especially since they touch up on it in the comics. the people running that community very well can be luring people to terminus. hopefully next week we will have some answers before the long wait until october.

i feel like these season finalies could and should be two hours. 1) because there is enough content 2) offset all these damn commercials!
  • Options

who is that?
  • Options
    rival. said:

rival. said:

this.

the cannibal plot isn't too big of a strech especially since they touch up on it in the comics. the people running that community very well can be luring people to terminus. hopefully next week we will have some answers before the long wait until october.

i feel like these season finalies could and should be two hours. 1) because there is enough content 2) offset all these damn commercials!
    perhaps why rick is shaking and such ...discovers what terminus is all about?

weird the gates were opened i agree, with nobody but just one lady. look outs im sure... good build up for next week.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    rival. said:

who is that?
    that guy from everybody loves raymond? :))
  • Options
    Setting up a good finale. It sucks we probably won't get to know everything about Terminus this season. I think someone is going to die. My guess is that it's not one of the mains on the show.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    should def. be intersting. just curious as to who is gonna die in the finale.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    C'mon people
    rival. said:

who is that?

Bub from Day of the Dead
  • Options
    Nami said:

rival. said:

rival. said:

this.

perhaps why rick is shaking and such ...discovers what terminus is all about?

weird the gates were opened i agree, with nobody but just one lady. look outs im sure... good build up for next week.

Not to mention all the windows were boarded up. Makes me wonder if terminus isn't some kind of slave camp or something.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    rival. said:

Treyert14 said:

unlikely. i think we have rick until the very biter end. but i am curious about next week's teaser. hand shaking, bloody, eyes shot. looks like he was locked up somewhere?

so... terminus? you can just open the gate and let yourself in? that doesn't seem too secure.

terminus does not make an appearance in the comics, however many people are speculating that it will be full of cannibals, similar to a small camp that the group came across in the comics.

I actually think there going to kill Rick and I think Carl is going to rise up and be the new leader I think that would be interesting and actually that's kinda what happens in the comics from what I hear. And as for Terminus I'm pretty sure that's going to be a cannibal camp..
  • Options
    Terminus being a cannibal camp would be some seriously sinister shit. I don't know how they would get the firepower out of the group's hands in order to take them hostage. I think it's more likely that Rick gets beat up by the group that Daryl is with because he killed their buddy. They talked about it when they were walking on the tracks. This possibly means something could happen to Daryl.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Did Rick kill anyone in Joes camp One of Joes men saw Rick under the bed before he passed out, hence him being the only one who recognized Rick out of the whole group.
  • Options

Did Rick kill anyone in Joes camp One of Joes men saw Rick under the bed before he passed out, hence him being the only one who recognized Rick out of the whole group.

i thought he killed the one dude in the bathroom?

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014

i thought he killed the one dude in the bathroom?

It seemed Joe was more upset that Rick didn't make sure he wouldn't come back after he killed him, than actually killing him.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

Terminus being a cannibal camp would be some seriously sinister shit. I don't know how they would get the firepower out of the group's hands in order to take them hostage. I think it's more likely that Rick gets beat up by the group that Daryl is with because he killed their buddy. They talked about it when they were walking on the tracks. This possibly means something could happen to Daryl.

Yeah, the whole cannibal thing would be pretty disturbing, but not surprising. It's pretty obvious that Terminus won't be what it seems. Gates unlocked and 1 creepy older lady is the first line of defense?? Some strange shit going on inside there...
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419

He killed the guy in the bathroom then opened the door a little bit so when he reanimated he would get out the door and attack the others. Rick then climbed out the window.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi