Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    One of the worst episodes out of any episodes from a television series in the history of television series.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    edited March 2014
    The last 20 minutes were pretty good.
    Post edited by Riverrunner on
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    I guess I'm not very astute. I just saw on the Talking Dead that the hangers in the CC were killed by the staff. That explains the tag on one of the bodies "Rich Bitch." Had no idea what had happened when watching the episode.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    a "Feel good" episode?.....wtf?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    rival. said:

One of the worst episodes out of any episodes from a television series in the history of television series.

This episode only solidified my dislike of Daryl. Such a stereotypical redneck. I think Judith has more personality then he does. Maybe Beth has some potential as a character, I remember when Carol was boring and just there to drive stories off of, seems that is where Beth is. But Daryl is a lost cause, 4 seasons in and he hasnt changed one bit, except he doesnt have his motorcycle now.

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    Boring.... this shit needs to pick up.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Problem with this show is that it never goes anywhere. I think they should have really deviated from the comics and tried to have some endgame in mind.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,774
    I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. I liked that song that they used at the end...
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    I thought it was one of the worst Walking Dead episodes yet. When I heard it was going to focus on Daryl and Beth, I thought "Uh...ok...every separated group has had an episode...this is just another".
    I think the premise was there. Daryl and this young girl realizing that they both had repressed childhoods...Daryl not becoming anything while following Meryl around, and Beth not being able to grow up like most teenagers.
    It COULD have been done right. It failed miserably! Daryl's drunken outburst was one of the worst things I've seen in a some time. Then, them burning down the house that was otherwise safe to walk through the woods in the middle of the night out of some rebellious "fu" to everything? image
    These "group episodes" should have really focused on character development and to some extent it was done fairly well with Michone, Glenn...hell...and even Carl. This was just awful!
    At what point do you think Daryl bangs Beth? I was waiting for it all last night....cute girl who wants to drink...all by themselves? Dude...Daryl....get on that man! image
  • Options

I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. I liked that song that they used at the end...

same here know who it was?

Next week looks good.... fog and zombie death... lol

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    and Daryl's heart grew three sizes that day.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    How old is Beth supposed to be?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Nami said:

I bet that fog is actually smoke from the fire that Beth and Daryl set.

Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Nami said:

ah, interesting. i like that! definitely a good way to link up those two groups. which is good, because maybe maggie or sasha will give beth the bitch slap she deserves.

started reading the second compendium over the weekend and almost done with it. abraham's character might have became my favorite in the comic book world, hope they really focus in on him moving forward. after really diving into the comics, i am actually pissed daryl is even in the TV show as he isn't in the comics. what was the point in adding his character? to gain interest from female viewers? guy adds nothing. there is so many plot lines in the comics that it's insane to think the TV writers were strapped for ideas and had to create the daryl/merlee storyline and character development.

blah!
  • Options

Nami said:

:-O interesting...
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228

Was that a mountain goats song?

The episode was disappointing. It could have covered the same ground in half the time and we could have seen some of the others.
    I did not think it was quite as bad as some here did though.

Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Seriously, Daryl and Beth prob just started a Level 5 Forrest fire. Where's zombie Smokey the Bear when you need him?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

How old is Beth supposed to be?

I think she was 16-17 when we first met her on the farm. So 18-19 now... :-bd
  • Options

Seriously, Daryl and Beth prob just started a Level 5 Forrest fire. Where's zombie Smokey the Bear when you need him?

:)) thanks i needed that!
  • Options

Yeah, I know they were apparently drinking...but I don't get the logic in burning that down. I mean, they had a safe place to stay! It was the middle of the fn night...ok now where do we go? image Walking through the woods full of zombies in the middle of the night. Smart move! That, and the fire would (or did) attract zombies in the past.

Whoever wrote or directed that episode should be fired. Just awful!
  • Options
    rival. said:

Nami said:

ah, interesting. i like that! definitely a good way to link up those two groups. which is good, because maybe maggie or sasha will give beth the bitch slap she deserves.

started reading the second compendium over the weekend and almost done with it. abraham's character might have became my favorite in the comic book world, hope they really focus in on him moving forward. after really diving into the comics, i am actually pissed daryl is even in the TV show as he isn't in the comics. what was the point in adding his character? to gain interest from female viewers? guy adds nothing. there is so many plot lines in the comics that it's insane to think the TV writers were strapped for ideas and had to create the daryl/merlee storyline and character development.

blah!
    there originally wasn't supposed to be a daryl character. Norman Reedus auditioned to be Merle, and they liked Norman so much they gave him his own character.

I actually think Daryl adds a LOT to the story.

Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I thought it was a good episode. Daryl teeing off, literally, a zombie's face onto Beth's new cardigan? They keep finding new and awesome ways for kills. EPIC. This episode is something that, I thought, so many people have been waiting for.......Daryl to open up finally. Which he did. He went all Daddy Daryl/Merle on Beth when he got loaded. He's not such a great guy, is he? No, obviously not. No one is. And it was interesting to finally see Daryl's dark side.

the burning of the house was obviously symbolic for both of them, no matter how intelligent it seemed/didn't seem. It's a new beginning for both of them, after they availed themselves to each other of all the shit they went through prior to and during the apocalypse, they were burning their old selves, "releasing the demons" so to speak.

They were a very interesting pairing when the prison fell, and I think it was very well done. They paired up people you wouldn't expect. Maggie with Sasha and drunko? Tyrese and the kids? Glen and Tara (HOT). Obviously Rick and Carl were going to be together, but I would have liked having an episode of Rick just surviving on his own, and Carl and Michonne alone; the latter of which they did last week. But I guess that was part of the point.....making Carl his own man by being the provider/protector of himself and his dad.

On my PVR listing for the show, it still lists David Morissey as part of the show. Maybe it's just a mistake, or maybe.........
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I liked last night's episode - better than last week. But why in the hell did Daryl open the front door of the funeral home without looking first?
  • Options

I liked last night's episode - better than last week. But why in the hell did Daryl open the front door of the funeral home without looking first?

I always find it hilarious in tv and movies that you can have a raging mob behind a closed door, and in tv-land, no sound comes through until that door is opened. Seriously, he hears the dog, he hears the cans rattling, but he doesn't hear an angry mob of moaning and banging walkers. one of those "suspension of belief" sort of things.

he always checks the window first before opening a door. just not this time. LOL.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,774
    Maggie taking out those walkers with the street sign was pretty badass.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Daryl & Beth just need to do the deed already.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    I think Daryl forgot to look first and didn't hear the walkers because he was thinking about doing the deed with Beth at that time. image;) And speaking of Maggie, what was she doing when Sasha found her? Sleeping with walkers?
  • Options
    meh, the first 40 minutes was competing for worst with last week's episode, but the last 20 minutes or so definitely picked it up.

1) what the hell was maggie doing? hiding? sleeping? resting? the fuck?
    2) the group of guys that found daryl... were they the same group of guys that were in the house when rick was sleeping?
  • Options
    rival. said:

2) the group of guys that found daryl... were they the same group of guys that were in the house when rick was sleeping?

Yes.

• Options

rival. said:

Yes.

figured. just couldn't remember what exactly the guy on the porch at the end of that episode looked like. he was the one daryl was point his crossbow at, right? leader of the group?