THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I agree.....I mean, I know Hershel is weak as well...but he adds a lot more to the group then Glen....he does nothing now!

Glenn will recuperate and make up for lost time. He already feels guilty for being sick and weak so I think he will try to compensate for that.

Can he recuperate and kill Carol for me? :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    thefixer9 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I agree.....I mean, I know Hershel is weak as well...but he adds a lot more to the group then Glen....he does nothing now!

Glenn will recuperate and make up for lost time. He already feels guilty for being sick and weak so I think he will try to compensate for that.

Can he recuperate and kill Carol for me? :lol:

Ha! So we don't know yet how Glenn feels about Carol being exiled, do we? But I bet Tyreese will be much more likely to carry out your wish than Glenn. AND we have to wait until February to see if he will ever find out. By then he may have a new woman and forgot all about Karen. :D
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    The above post is not very clear. What I meant was we have to wait until February to see if Tyreese will find out about Carol and what he will do about it.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    1) I really thought the bus was going to get taken out by the tank.

2) No way Judith is dead. I Read Alan Sepinwall's review this morning and he is convinced that she is. I just don't see it. The girls were the last to be seen with her, they were visibly having trouble carrying the car seat/cradle thing, and they ran off in the wrong direction after saving Tyreese. They were going back for the baby.

3) The little girl's mom (Lilly I think?) wins worst parent of the episode honors. Could the little girl have been further away from her? Maybe the walkers cannot cross the water but they can still come from the other direction!!! Or from underground in this case.

Enjoyed this episode quite a bit. Will miss Hershel. Glad the governor got finished off once and for all.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV wrote:
    1) I really thought the bus was going to get taken out by the tank.

2) No way Judith is dead. I Read Alan Sepinwall's review this morning and he is convinced that she is. I just don't see it. The girls were the last to be seen with her, they were visibly having trouble carrying the car seat/cradle thing, and they ran off in the wrong direction after saving Tyreese. They were going back for the baby.

3) The little girl's mom (Lilly I think?) wins worst parent of the episode honors. Could the little girl have been further away from her? Maybe the walkers cannot cross the water but they can still come from the other direction!!! Or from underground in this case.

Enjoyed this episode quite a bit. Will miss Hershel. Glad the governor got finished off once and for all.

I wonder if Lilly and her sister will be back in February. If so, I bet Lilly goes through the whole I am guilty of being a bad mother and I deserve to die experience. Maybe Lilly ends up with the orphan girls and Judith but I doubt it.
  • The above post is not very clear. What I meant was we have to wait until February to see if Tyreese will find out about Carol and what he will do about it.

what's interesting is that, if you think about it, Carol indirectly saved Tyrese's life. She trained the little girls in secret, and Lizzy killed the ones who were about to kill Tyrese when he ducked for cover.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014

• Glenn should have died. someone that weak should not have lived.

Harsh! :o Everybody gets sick and that was a bad illness. Although, it didn't seem to bother little Lizzie. She was all 'let's fight these SOB's.' :) But Sasha was weak too from being sick. I don't think any of the ones that were sick were in fighting shape....... except for Lizzie of course.

he hasn't just been weak since he's been sick. he hasn't contributed in any meaningful way in a while. His character even said that himself. Maybe Hershel was holding him back for Maggie's sake, who knows. Glenn was awesome in season 1. Hasn't done much of anything since except get nekked with Magpie.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    rival. wrote:
    i guess the only thing i would change in last night's episode was the flight between rick and the governor. it was good that michonne finally got her revenge and was able to close that chapter, but damn... rick lost that fight. the governor was a second away from killing him.

they've always dressed this up as rick vs the governor and rick lost. and lost badly. rick should have been the one to finish him off.
    I think that had to do with the fact that Rick was coming back from a really dark place and didn't have that drive to survive...or the bloodlust that the Gov had. He also had a busted up hand going into the fight. We've seen Rick take on Shane and hold his ground. Good thing Michonne showed up when she did. I was also pumped for her not to kill him off but rather have him ripped apart by zombies (at least that was probably her plan).
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Glenn is sick. He has saved their ass before.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
    I thought the episode was great. I'm actually excited to see where it goes from here. It seems like everyone had to go their own way to get the hell out of there. They did indicate that they had an "exit plan" so I'm guessing they also had a place to meet in the event shit went down.
    I can't remember, did those young girls get on the bus?

Rick and Carl are together, Daryl and Beth are together, where did Maggie go? Was Michonne with anyone?
    I think it'll be cool to see all the different groups trying to survive until they (what I assume) meet up again.

I know the zombies were coming, but I'm still pretty sure I'd go back and check to make sure everyone was accounted for. The Gov's group was done...so I think they had SOME time to make sure everyone got out.

Daryl using the zombie as a sheild... :fp: Those rifle rounds would easily go through 4-5 people...yet the rotten zombie stops them? :fp: :lol:

All in all, it was great and I'm def looking forward to seeing where they take it!
    Please everyone.....Everytime I said Carol...I meant Carl.....brainfart.... :fp: :fp: :fp:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

thefixer9 wrote:
    Please everyone.....Everytime I said Carol...I meant Carl.....brainfart.... :fp: :fp: :fp:
    I was wondering why the hate for Carol...
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
    stickfig13 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I was wondering why the hate for Carol...

:lol: It's a Monday after vacation..forgive me..Both names are similar.... :lol:

I HATE Carl though....he needs to die already...
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

So this episode was great! Very predictable, but great. Hopefully the show picks up with them on the run. Hopefully they move on to a new challenge.

If they make the Governor a zombie and he attacks someone I will not watch another second. haha :D

So glad the governor plot line is done.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    If they make the Governor a zombie and he attacks someone I will not watch another second
    I bet they do..... :D
    JWPearl wrote:
    If they make the Governor a zombie and he attacks someone I will not watch another second

He took a headshot from Lilly.

JimmyV wrote:
    JWPearl wrote:

Are we sure she shot him and not a walker?

I don't think we have seen the last of the prison. I think they will try and go back to rescue people
  • mca47 wrote:
    Daryl using the zombie as a sheild... :fp: Those rifle rounds would easily go through 4-5 people...yet the rotten zombie stops them? :fp: :lol:

yep, that was a bit of a stretch.

awesome ep though.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    with everyone split up into like four different groups, lets not forget about the people that killed that one camp for their supplies. one group might end up with those guys, and what about the guy that rick lent his watch to? i'm sure we will see him again.

OH and morgan. so many directions they can go in :corn:
    stickfig13 wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    JWPearl wrote:

Are we sure she shot him and not a walker?

I think she had that gun pointed right down at him.

• I think Judith is dead. Judith also dies in the prison attack in the comics. There is no way they would show a dead baby on the show, and the girls that left her were taught by Carol to do whatever it takes to survive, in this case they put Judith down and ran to get guns to join in the fight.

I liked that Rick got owned by the Governor. Rick was already shot, just saw his friend get murdered. He was in no condition to be fighting. The Governor thrives on unfair advantages. Look at how Rick took it to Tyresse, I bet if Rick and the Governor met on equal ground Rick could probably walk away from the fight. But during this fight....
  • That Hershal death reminded me of Hank in Breaking Bad...he knew he was going out.

Good episode...but seriously, is parenting a lost art-form in the apocalypse? No way anyone could be worse than Lori: "Where's Carl...has anyone seen Carl".

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Do we have any ideas as to who was dissecting the rat in the prison?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Do we have any ideas as to who was dissecting the rat in the prison?
    I believe it was that creepy little girl that shot that chick between the eyes.
    I think Judith is dead. Judith also dies in the prison attack in the comics. There is no way they would show a dead baby on the show, and the girls that left her were taught by Carol to do whatever it takes to survive, in this case they put Judith down and ran to get guns to join in the fight.

I liked that Rick got owned by the Governor. Rick was already shot, just saw his friend get murdered. He was in no condition to be fighting. The Governor thrives on unfair advantages. Look at how Rick took it to Tyresse, I bet if Rick and the Governor met on equal ground Rick could probably walk away from the fight. But during this fight....

I find it funny that the Governor went from some sort of banker/father type to a fist fighting brawler with a deadly sharpshooting ability...
  • mca47 wrote:
    Rick and Carl are together, Daryl and Beth are together, where did Maggie go? Was Michonne with anyone?
    I think it'll be cool to see all the different groups trying to survive until they (what I assume) meet up again.

I agree...think one of those groups will eventually run into carol. Maggie is with Sasha and the wounded alcoholic medic. And I was surprised Michonne being so close to Carl and Rick didn't go with Rick looking for Carl. She sort of just disappeared after stabbing the Gov.
    stickfig13 wrote:

I find it funny that the Governor went from some sort of banker/father type to a fist fighting brawler with a deadly sharpshooting ability...

I didn't like this part. The Gov was shot in the arm too and Rick should've handled him easily especially with rage alone after he beheaded Hershel. It's ridiculous how invincible and dangerous they made the former banker/family man. He also somehow walks around with an invisible zombie force field.
  • thefixer9 wrote:

I used to hate Carl when he was always wandering off into the woods in the first couple seasons. He doesn't bother me as much anymore.

So happy the governor is finally gone….that character just became ridiculous. Still can't believe they wasted 2 whole episodes on him. Oh well. Should be interesting to see where it goes now that everyone split up and left the prison.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Fuckin' A if they didn't kill my favorite characters on Boardwalk Empire and Walking Dead in back to back weeks! Super bummed to see Hershel go. I screamed at the TV and felt like I wanted to kick someone's ass after the Governor chopped him. Is that a normal response? :oops: :(

Well, it does look like most of our wishes came true as far as the Governor is now dead and the group appears to be on the move again. And now comes another painful wait for the next bunch of episodes.
    No more prison!!! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

thefixer9 wrote:

So happy the governor is finally gone….that character just became ridiculous. Still can't believe they wasted 2 whole episodes on him. Oh well. Should be interesting to see where it goes now that everyone split up and left the prison.

I feel the same way. They could have accomplished all this last season with a few more episodes. I don't think there is one person in this thread that thought he would live through this half of the season.

On the run again! I can't wait to see where this show goes. Hopefully it picks up like season 1-2