Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    while I agree that 2 full episodes without the main cast is odd and felt a bit much, those of you saying it was a complete waste seem to be forgetting the preview of next week; he's got a whole new group about to attack the prison with him. he's not alone. he's got a new group.

had we not been introduced to this group and learned the background and how Governor became their leader, everyone would be bitching and moaning about "who the fuck are these people with the governor? there should have been some introduction into the show before we got to this point!".

I think they could have gone back and forth from New Woodbury to the prison though. I didn't like that much time devoted to one character.

Knowing the Governor most people would have assumed exactly what happened. There was not a single moment where his redemption was shattered by a new tragedy. The Governor is a villain through and through. They could have shown his rebuilding of an army in a couple minutes. I don't remember a 2 episode arc to show how Merle aligned with the Governor. It was just assumed people knew the kind of person Merle was so fill in the few details and go from there. The same could have been done with the Governor.

With great writers I think the same could of been accomplished in 20 minutes between two episodes via flashbacks. Not 80 minutes, that really did not progress the story, just reaffirmed what we all knew already.
  • Options

Knowing the Governor most people would have assumed exactly what happened. There was not a single moment where his redemption was shattered by a new tragedy. The Governor is a villain through and through. They could have shown his rebuilding of an army in a couple minutes. I don't remember a 2 episode arc to show how Merle aligned with the Governor. It was just assumed people knew the kind of person Merle was so fill in the few details and go from there. The same could have been done with the Governor.

With great writers I think the same could of been accomplished in 20 minutes between two episodes via flashbacks. Not 80 minutes, that really did not progress the story, just reaffirmed what we all knew already.

I agree with you. I was addressing those that said the last two episodes were a COMPLETE waste of time.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,265
    mid-season finale tonight!!!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    :corn:

if hershel dies, the writers are getting a nasty gram for christmas.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

whistling1.gif
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Hot damn. Things are moving on...........

That little girl shot the lesbian girl right between the eyes!

Who was driving the bus?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    :o wow what a mid-season finale!!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

whistling1.gif

:evil: :evil:
  • Options
    kinda sucks the governor is gone. i'm gonna miss him in a weird way. Great fight scene between him and Rick though. Michone saves the say and Liz(?) finishes him off.

Hopefully Judith is somehow safe.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Would have liked to see Michone go to town on the governor with her blade, but left him like the governor left Merle only to be finished off by Liz?

Judith is still alive. Those young girls grabbed her on their way out.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    Would have liked to see Michone go to town on the governor with her blade, but left him like the governor left Merle only to be finished off by Liz?

Judith is still alive. Those young girls grabbed her on their way out.

i couldn't remember if Judith was on the bus or not. Too much shit was going on :lol:

have to wait til February now :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Crazy! Emotionally draining too. Alternating screaming "noooooooo" and then screaming "yesssssss." And then almost shedding a couple of tears. I'm definitely worried about the kids. Did they run into the prison?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Lilly (is that Meghan's mother's name?) is a bad as Lori about watching over her kid. She almost got bit last epi and then she lets her play in the mud 50 yards away? Jeez.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Lilly (is that Meghan's mother's name?) is a bad as Lori about watching over her kid. She almost got bit last epi and then she lets her play in the mud 50 yards away? Jeez.

yeah, you just know a kid is going to die when the parents don't watch them during A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. a walker coming out of the mud was awesome though.

fucking hershel getting decapitated. that was insane.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    damn this show drives me nuts ...but its still so entertaining....awesome episode nonetheless....

any bets on who runs into carol first? anyone thinks it will be the kids and tyrese...makes for interesting drama...the kids seem to know where they had to run to (maybe carol told them about a safe spot for emergencies just like carol apparently taught them how to shoot a gun :roll: ) or rick and carl? with carol nursing rick back to health?

and i prefer judith being eaten. how much more baby drama can we take?..especially now on the road? since hershel died, beth needs to step up as a bigger character and she cant if she has to take care of judith.
  • Options
    So we finally got the season 3 ending. Some interesting stuff from here since the group is splintered.

Maggie and Glenn separated.
    Carl and Rick together, and by themselves. That is a duo.
    Michonne, where will she end up?
    What about the pacifist chick from the Governor's group? She's still alive along with her sister.

Who meets up with who? I imagine some of them will run into each other, but the whole group back together doesnt seem likely.

The show finally has some dynamic back. Let's see what the writers do with it...
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Herschel :(
    He will be missed i really liked him. Kind of assumed he would get it with his leg injured its hard to get around that sooner or later it would have caught up to him.

Loved Michone ending the Gov. I'm so glad he is gone. I just could not get into that story line again.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    Trying hard not to read posts about lastnight... My recording of last week's episode got shut off halfway through (thank you husband). Do I need to watch the rest of it before I watch lastnight's? Anything monumental I missed??
    I win.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    edited December 2013
    They killed my favorite character (Hershel) and nothing happened to Carl!?!?

Fuck that! Carl NEEDS to die!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

It was a great episode though....I love how they made you like the Gov. and the hate him again in the next episode.... :lol:

I'm not actually sad at all that little girl died...I mean come on....she was almost killed by walkers in the episode before....how could you just let her be somewhere else by herself again?? Insane.
    Post edited by thefixer9 on
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    Trying hard not to read posts about lastnight... My recording of last week's episode got shut off halfway through (thank you husband). Do I need to watch the rest of it before I watch lastnight's? Anything monumental I missed??

I would want to watch last week's epi in its entirety. The week before that, maybe not.
  • Options
    fucking hershel getting decapitated. that was insane.

Don't you just know that the Governor was going to set up a new aquarium. He was planning "ahead."
  • Options
    i guess the only thing i would change in last night's episode was the flight between rick and the governor. it was good that michonne finally got her revenge and was able to close that chapter, but damn... rick lost that fight. the governor was a second away from killing him.

they've always dressed this up as rick vs the governor and rick lost. and lost badly. rick should have been the one to finish him off.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    i guess the only thing i would change in last night's episode was the flight between rick and the governor. it was good that michonne finally got her revenge and was able to close that chapter, but damn... rick lost that fight. the governor was a second away from killing him.

they've always dressed this up as rick vs the governor and rick lost. and lost badly. rick should have been the one to finish him off.

I totally agree.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    So we finally got the season 3 ending. Some interesting stuff from here since the group is splintered.

Maggie and Glenn separated.
    Carl and Rick together, and by themselves. That is a duo.
    Michonne, where will she end up?
    What about the pacifist chick from the Governor's group? She's still alive along with her sister.

Who meets up with who? I imagine some of them will run into each other, but the whole group back together doesnt seem likely.

The show finally has some dynamic back. Let's see what the writers do with it...

Didnt they mention something about meeting up afterwards? I know they said meet at the bus but maybe there was more to it?
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    Yeah, Rick was losing big time. However, I like it that Michonne got to kill him. She told him she would and she kept her promise. :D I can't remember for sure now, but I hope the Governor knows it was Michonne that got him. Did he fall back and see her? Also, it really seems as if The Governor did not hate MIchonne as he had in the past. He said that he had gotten over her killing Penney because he finally realized that she was already dead. And this seemed to be the case as he cut off Herschel's head first (but also knowing this would have the greatest effect on the group), and he did not torture Michonne when he had the chance. And he shot Meghan in the head - he didn't plan on keeping her apparently.
  • Options
    Yeah, Rick was losing big time. However, I like it that Michonne got to kill him. She told him she would and she kept her promise. :D I can't remember for sure now, but I hope the Governor knows it was Michonne that got him. Did he fall back and see her? Also, it really seems as if The Governor did not hate MIchonne as he had in the past. He said that he had gotten over her killing Penney because he finally realized that she was already dead. And this seemed to be the case as he cut off Herschel's head first (but also knowing this would have the greatest effect on the group), and he did not torture Michonne when he had the chance. And he shot Meghan in the head - he didn't plan on keeping her apparently.

I think Governor was lying to Hershel and Michonne to keep them calm. Michonne is a fucking ninja warrior. If she got mad or thought she'd die, he probably didn't want to risk her trying to escape.

There was that view when Governor fell back and you see Michonne standing over him. I'm assuming that was supposed to be his view of things.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

I totally agree.

I thought it was really well done. The crazy ones, in reality, always win fights like that. They are ruthless and don't hold back. Rick still had his humanity about him.

Michonne definitely should have been the one to kill him. Or Glenn. Glad Michonne got to do it.

Glenn should have died. someone that weak should not have lived.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

I totally agree.

I thought it was really well done. The crazy ones, in reality, always win fights like that. They are ruthless and don't hold back. Rick still had his humanity about him.

Michonne definitely should have been the one to kill him. Or Glenn. Glad Michonne got to do it.

I agree.....I mean, I know Hershel is weak as well...but he adds a lot more to the group then Glen....he does nothing now!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options

Harsh! :o Everybody gets sick and that was a bad illness. Although, it didn't seem to bother little Lizzie. She was all 'let's fight these SOB's.' :) But Sasha was weak too from being sick. I don't think any of the ones that were sick were in fighting shape....... except for Lizzie of course.
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I agree.....I mean, I know Hershel is weak as well...but he adds a lot more to the group then Glen....he does nothing now!

Glenn will recuperate and make up for lost time. He already feels guilty for being sick and weak so I think he will try to compensate for that.