Holiday Cards n Stuff

Comments

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    4and20 wrote:
    I went to Micheal's last week... :)
    I had a coupon! :D
    I picked out some more stuff to make my cards extra special... :angel:
    Everything I picked out was on sale...and the coupon was good for stuff already on sale :mrgreen:
    When I went to the register...the girl said the coupon was only good for Thursday and Friday...:evil:
    I didn't have any other coupons to use :twisted: (why did you make the small print so small? :x )
    ... I didn't feel like driving back out there AGAIN 2 days later :roll: (besides I'd only save an additional $6)

you all better appreciate my freaking card! :lol::lol::lol:

lol! We are MAKING paper...me and my 2 year old, 3 year old and 4 year old grandsons....pray for me! :? :D:lol:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    chadwick wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    Everything I picked out was on sale...and the coupon was good for stuff already on sale :mrgreen:
    When I went to the register...the girl said the coupon was only good for Thursday and Friday...:evil:
    I didn't have any other coupons to use :twisted: (why did you make the small print so small? :x )
    ... I didn't feel like driving back out there AGAIN 2 days later :roll: (besides I'd only save an additional $6)

you are a gem.
    this is kindness, folks.

i guess i better go get some cards.
    im not making any.
    however, my cards are sure to be a hoot.

i'll throw in some extra items for shits and giggles
    lighters, ziplock baggies full of fuel, monopoly money, several packages of dice, 3 dollars worth of dimes & nickles, nickleback's greatest hits live vol III, pearl jam guitar picks, & every board member gets a jar of apricot spread...

chad...i don't like apricot spread..could you make mine Pearl Jam? I hear that's pretty tasty :mrgreen:
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    chadwick wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

you are a gem.
    this is kindness, folks.

im not making any.

lighters, ziplock baggies full of fuel, monopoly money, several packages of dice, 3 dollars worth of dimes & nickles, nickleback's greatest hits live vol III, pearl jam guitar picks, & every board member gets a jar of apricot spread...

that sounds lovely Chad!
    BTW, were you following me around at Costco this weekend? :?
    I only ask since you said you will be giving away lighters...I just picked up 100 lighters at Costco for $10...all kinds of pretty colors...if I am in the company of a lighter thief, no worries, I have 99 more of them at home!
    need a light?
    yes/no?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Paging Mr. EYED

Mr. Eye d claar

Mr. EYED to the Holiday Cards Section

Mr. Eyed...

Mr. Eyed....

Mr. Eyed...

Bueller....

Anyone?

teachermirror.jpg
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

lol! We are MAKING paper...me and my 2 year old, 3 year old and 4 year old grandsons....pray for me! :? :D:lol:

making paper is easy!
    lots of fun...and a tad messy....just be sure you have lots of room to lay out the crafted paper to dry.
    thick slurry=thick paper, sometimes thick and scratchy
    thin slurry-thinner paper, light and airy
    don't use too much glitter....cut up old denim jeans for an interesting twist!

hmmm...do I need to go to storage and find paper making kit? NO...wait YES!, wait no...I will already be spending a long time on each card anyway...there is always next year!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited November 2010
    pearl jam coming up

one pearl necklace
    one blender
    grind till fucked
    add apples and trout
    (whole apples/whole rainbow trout)

pearl jam spread for stillhere & 4and20's holiday breakfasts'
    english muffins over easy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHOjxI0P-aY
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    4and20 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

you are a gem.
    this is kindness, folks.

im not making any.

that sounds lovely Chad!
    I only ask since you said you will be giving away lighters...I just picked up 100 lighters at Costco for $10...all kinds of pretty colors...if I am in the company of a lighter thief, no worries, I have 99 more of them at home!
    need a light?
    yes/no?

*giggles*
    (here's tmi: made me spit my iced tea right out my nostrils)
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

you are a gem.
    this is kindness, folks.

im not making any.

that sounds lovely Chad!
    need a light?
    yes/no?

*giggles*
    (here's tmi: made me spit my iced tea right out my nostrils)

does everything smell like iced tea now?
    chadwick wrote:
    pearl jam coming up

one pearl necklace
    one blender
    grind till fucked
    add apples and trout

pearl jam spread for 4and20's holiday breakfasts

thank you kind Chad...that was lovely...I have this DVD, and I saw the debut of it at the Cinerama...good times... yes it was.

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    that sounds lovely Chad!
    need a light?
    yes/no?
    wanna blow up your neighbor's driveway or yard?
    i bet if you compressed 99 lighters down into something... a duct tape ball
    added block powder and something something
    i bet that would be insane...

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    pearl jam coming up

one pearl necklace
    one blender
    grind till fucked
    add apples and trout

love it
    you know, more useless information coming here, watch out...
    the other day everyone on some other thread was talking about Nothing As it Seems

and I said (well other than ed's golden baritone...gets me every single time)
    that Mike OWNS that song (yes I realize that Jeff wrote it)
    but Mike's guitar turns that beautiful tune into an absolutely haunting masterpiece, and haunting is the word i keep coming back to, it just stays with you, and you want to hear it over and over again, right?
    Everyone *looked* at me like I was nuts (NOOOOoooooooooo.....you DON'T go there... :mrgreen: )
    but does anyone agree? Haunting? Mike?
    (set aside Jeff and Ed...and to be fair Stone and whoever was playing drums on that one geez)
    yes/no?
    Chad? 4and20?
    peace,
    jo

chadwick wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    that sounds lovely Chad!
    need a light?
    yes/no?
    wanna blow up your neighbor's driveway or yard?
    i bet if you compressed 99 lighters down into something... a duct tape ball
    added block powder and something something
    i bet that would be insane...

are you watching too much mythbusters again?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtDvXF8ile8

- Christopher McCandless
    StillHere wrote:
    love it
    the other day everyone on some other thread was talking about Nothing As it Seems

but Mike's guitar turns that beautiful tune into an absolutely haunting masterpiece, and haunting is the word i keep coming back to, it just stays with you, and you want to hear it over and over again, right?
    Everyone *looked* at me like I was nuts (NOOOOoooooooooo.....you DON'T go there... :mrgreen: )
    (set aside Jeff and Ed...and to be fair Stone and whoever was playing drums on that one geez)
    yes/no?
    Chad? 4and20?
    haunting, yes.
    masterpiece, all on parts.
    what a dopey little tune.
    makes me wanna go out and get goofy every single time.

i enjoy it immensely
    without a doubt, one of pearl jam's better tunes

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    StillHere wrote:

love it

yes/no?
    Chad? 4and20?

I like this song very much...I think it's Jeff playing an upright bass that makes the song though...but then again I am a little biased.... ;)

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:

making paper is easy!
    lots of fun...and a tad messy....just be sure you have lots of room to lay out the crafted paper to dry.
    thick slurry=thick paper, sometimes thick and scratchy
    thin slurry-thinner paper, light and airy
    don't use too much glitter....cut up old denim jeans for an interesting twist!

hmmm...do I need to go to storage and find paper making kit? NO...wait YES!, wait no...I will already be spending a long time on each card anyway...there is always next year!

paper making kit? wish i'd heard that BEFORE...geez. no..no kit. a frame, a screen, some felt and lots of junk ...ya the glitter, the fiber, you know what i found works good but is hard to pull apart, is those tyvex or whatever the hell they are called, like those coated overnight priority mail huge white envelopes...they are like fiberglass under that coating. cool stuff. but sticks to everything...its like made out of pure static electricity or something. but nice in the end)

i am pretty sure i'm going to destroy my daughter's blender this weekend. you'll probably be able to hear her wherever you might be. listen real hard i'm sure it'll be loud enough for y'all to hear. heheheheeee :roll: :mrgreen: :geek:

and YES jeff is the master of that upright...well, of any bass anywhere ..and cute as a button to boot :D8-)
    peace,
    jo

4and20 wrote:

does everything smell like iced tea now?

pretty much ya
    chadwick wrote:
    pearl jam coming up

one pearl necklace
    one blender
    grind till fucked
    add apples and trout

http://www.freakingnews.com/Pearl-Jam-Pics-36996.asp

29508_10150187882570401_717890400_11963718_7074260_n-1.jpg?t=1289859653
    peace,
    jo

you're silly StillHere

- Christopher McCandless
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Looking forward to finding out my lucky 5!!

NAIS is an epic song!!! Totally agree Jo it is haunting. Mikes guitar sounds like it is wailing - it almost sounds animalistic...
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    paper making?
    nice!

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    haunting, yes.
    masterpiece, all on parts.
    what a dopey little tune.
    makes me wanna go out and get goofy every single time.

i enjoy it immensely
    without a doubt, one of pearl jam's better tunes

WAIT...hold on thar bobba louie

did you just (well, just hours ago) say

that you have to GO OUT AND GET GOOFY?

what?

does that mean that the entire time you're talking to us, you're OUT somewhere so you can get goofy?

or am i just imagining things again? heheheheeeee

you're funny chad :mrgreen:
    peace,
    jo

• thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    When do we find out about who we are sending cards to? :)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
    I'm finishing up the Lottery right now.

I'll be PM-ing each of you soon!

Unfortunately Eyed is still not with us. But we'll include good old Eyed anyway. Bound to show up again sooner or later, right?

Hold onto your horses just a wee bit longer laddies and lassies.

The excitement is building, I know. heheheheheeeeee :lol:
    peace,
    jo

eyed
    #3, Idaho

i saved his address from when he sent me his poetry book
    you can reach him there with all your holiday card fun

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I am a tad disappointed in the turnout...all you all just wait...my card will be so freaking awesome, you'll wish you signed up....and then somebody famous will see it and want me to design cards for them...and they will pay me lots of money, and then years from now people will be like, "I have an original 4and20 card..it was the very first one...only like 10 were made...they go for like a bajillion dollars on ebay!"

okokok in reality you'll probably just say, "cool" and toss it by New Years... :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    I am a tad disappointed in the turnout...all you all just wait...my card will be so freaking awesome, you'll wish you signed up....and then somebody famous will see it and want me to design cards for them...and they will pay me lots of money, and then years from now people will be like, "I have an original 4and20 card..it was the very first one...only like 10 were made...they go for like a bajillion dollars on ebay!"

okokok in reality you'll probably just say, "cool" and toss it by New Years... :lol:
    i never toss cards
    i'd never ever toss a for real homemade card

can your cards be used as rolling papers?
    on christmas eve i like bulky joints
    are your cards thick cardboard, yes/no?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    eyed
    #3, Idaho

i saved his address from when he sent me his poetry book
    you can reach him there with all your holiday card fun
    :roll: :roll: :lol::lol:
    peace,
    jo

chadwick wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

i never toss cards

my cards are made of various types of paper...cardstock, vellum, parchment, mulberry...it just depends on what I feel like using...
    If you are on my list, would you like me to send you a package of ZigZags...
    yes/no?

- Christopher McCandless
    edited November 2010
    4and20 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

i never toss cards

my cards are made of various types of paper...cardstock, vellum, parchment, mulberry...it just depends on what I feel like using...
    If you are on my list, would you like me to send you a package of ZigZags...
    yes/no?
    you are a total gem
    those are some fine quality card making papers
    i like zig zags
    orange 1 1/4

i'll send you a grab bag of party supplies and a christmas card
    if i get your name... :shock:
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    OK guys... ran the lottery.
    everyone's names are ready.
    actually PM'd 81 his names and addresses
    but guess what? its soooo late I'm going to have
    to wait till tomorrow morning to send off the rest
    cuz I have to you know, make each message separately
    so you guys don't kiss and tell. :D

so...I promise, in the morning.

its 1:15 a.m. for Pete's sake. Who is Pete anyway?

I ran 2 lotteries today...facebook and here equals well over 150 of you people! :D
    Fun..but time consuming. so, in the mornin' y'all...i promise

night night :yawn: :wave: :D
    peace,
    jo

5 ppl are having my address or you are?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I see that someone fancies dear old 81... ;)
    chadwick wrote:
    you are a total gem
    those are some fine quality card making papers
    i like zig zags
    orange 1 1/4

i'll send you a grab bag of party supplies and a christmas card
    if i get your name... :shock:

10-4 good buddy
    I spilled coke all over my orange zig zags
    the soft drink, not the powdered crap
    all the papers stuck together to make one big huge paper...it was cool
    until my dog ate it
    gotta get some sleep
    over and out rubber duck

- Christopher McCandless