Holiday Cards n Stuff

Comments

• I'm in!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Updated!
    Thanks for playing.
    Ummm...if you don't know us, like Chadwick said, time to start getting to know us :D
    It's a good time.

WELCOME_Animated_Penguin_RMvi-vi.gif?1135726635
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    chadwick wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    chad...you know i'm just kidding...<3 u!
    stop hurting my feelings
    sorry-scraps-34.gif
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • DegiDegi Posts: 1,007
    StillHere wrote:
    Updated!
    Thanks for playing.
    Ummm...if you don't know us, like Chadwick said, time to start getting to know us :D
    It's a good time.
    i know more people from facebook them from here and vice versa...
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    StillHere wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    chad...you know i'm just kidding...<3 u!
    stop hurting my feelings
    sorry-scraps-34.gif
    you're fine
    besides
    i like a good wise-ass anyway
    and i like this tune
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmT6udys8Tc
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    stop hurting my feelings
    sorry-scraps-34.gif
    you're fine
    besides
    i like a good wise-ass anyway
    and i like this tune
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmT6udys8Tc

Well 2 things, its good that you like a good wiseass cuz I don't know how to be any other kind.
    AND
    I like that tune too, even if it was the beginning of what I call "Disco Dead" like Shakedown Street and stuff like that.
    Obviously prefer the older Dead stuff, but ya, Touch of Gray is a great one too!
    Glad to see you checking it out more and more xoxoxoxo
    peace,
    jo

• Great idea :P Count me in.
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • Hi I really don't post on here much but I'm sure I know a lot of you on FB (I am Megan Bow). that sounds like a lovely I dea and I will be in on it. Should I PM my address to you Jo?
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    address sent
  • hinxhinx Posts: 416
    Count me in, fun idea.
  • stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    Sounds like a cool idea! I love getting Christmas cards - I usually suck at sending them out though :? I'll just have to make an extra effort I guess this year, but the idea of cards is a nice one. Count me in!
  • chadwick wrote:
    start playing a bit rabbitrocker
    quit hiding from us

I've found some of the other forums scarily intense in the past, so I'll stick with AET and see how I go...! :)
    Degi wrote:
    i'll send you one even though i dont know you ;)
    Ah thank you Degi! :D
    Ah thank you Degi! :D

hahahaa if you give me your address, i really will!!
    OP updated.

If you haven't pm'd me your "real" name and addy yet, you can do that at any time. Want to have them all ready to share by Thanksgiving time. I've got a database going and am keeping everything private at this point.

Now, what are everyone's ideas on how we should do this? Should we make the database available to all, except for those who choose to remain private?

Or should we use a lottery system kind of like secret santa, only with more names per person...what? 5? 10?

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

2008christmaslist.gif
    peace,
    jo

• tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    How about we share the database and then we have the choice to send to whomever we like? That may mean some people get heaps and some not so many :? .... Random is good but there are a few of you who I would really like to send something to and I may miss out if it's random.... Just some thoughts :)

Also when is Thanksgiving as the post from here can take quite a long time to reach the northern hemisphere :?:
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    tinkerbell wrote:
    How about we share the database and then we have the choice to send to whomever we like? That may mean some people get heaps and some not so many :? .... Random is good but there are a few of you who I would really like to send something to and I may miss out if it's random.... Just some thoughts :)

Also when is Thanksgiving as the post from here can take quite a long time to reach the northern hemisphere :?:

Thanksgiving in the US is end of November, like last Thursday in November. Is that time enough or do you need more time than that?

I'm keeping a running tally of list vs. lottery. Thanks for the input.
    peace,
    jo

tinkerbell wrote:

hmm... wouldnt the fun in that actually be NOT to know the person you are sending something to?
    and as somebody mentioned before, if you are not really active on the forums, you might not get any cards and i guess that would be super dissappointing!!
    i'd go with a mix, lottery (but not more then 5 then, mine usually are handmade and it takes quite some time to make them) and sharing the database so you can get the peoples addresses you wanna send sth. too....
    (does that make any sense? its 4.40 am, forgive me)

and Jo: actually, i'd say mid- november would be better...
    Degi wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:

hmm... wouldnt the fun in that actually be NOT to know the person you are sending something to?
    and as somebody mentioned before, if you are not really active on the forums, you might not get any cards and i guess that would be super dissappointing!!
    i'd go with a mix, lottery (but not more then 5 then, mine usually are handmade and it takes quite some time to make them) and sharing the database so you can get the peoples addresses you wanna send sth. too....
    (does that make any sense? its 4.40 am, forgive me)

and Jo: actually, i'd say mid- november would be better...

Thanks Degi.....Leaning toward Lottery as well....than you all can ask for "special" addresses if you don't get that person in your lottery.

If we're gonna shoot for mid-November we'd better start spreading the word to our fellow 10 Clubbers to get on over here. So many are still not here.

Spread the word to your 10C buddies people...it's getting late. :D
    peace,
    jo

PLEASE ANSWER THIS:

Would you guys like to combine the Facebook Pearl Jam crowd into our 10C Card Exchange or keep them separate?
    peace,
    jo

OK looks like the consensus is this:

We run a lottery...we each get 5 names to send cards to.

If anyone wants the address of any other people besides our lottery picks, you can just ask and I can give them to you.

Sound good?

Some people outside the US are saying they think we need to do mid-November rather than late November, so ramp it up people, get your friends over here to this thread ASAP. Time goes quickly!

This is going to be so much fun! :D
    peace,
    jo

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    StillHere wrote:
    PLEASE ANSWER THIS:

Would you guys like to combine the Facebook Pearl Jam crowd into our 10C Card Exchange or keep them separate?
    facebook pearl jam crowd?
    never heard of them.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chadwick wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    PLEASE ANSWER THIS:

never heard of them.

fuck them. hehe
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    chadwick wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    PLEASE ANSWER THIS:

never heard of them.

you're kidding right?
    no?
    peace,
    jo

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    there's a PJ facebook group?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Magnuson wrote:

there are quite a few of them....in the end its a good amt of us :D
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    Magnuson wrote:

its where the crazy shit happens ;)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Degi wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    Magnuson wrote:

its where the crazy shit happens ;)

'if they are not my facebook friend, then they don't get a card from me...' :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I can't find the Card Exchange group on FB...:?
  • Magnuson wrote:

'if they are not my facebook friend, then they don't get a card from me...' :lol:

That's the Christmas spirit, there...right there! :D
    I can't find the Card Exchange group on FB...:?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 8483094582
    peace,
    jo