Toronto Maple Leafs

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    smarchee wrote:
    Cant believe the Leafs are 15 minutes from winning this series.

nice jinx :lol:
    :D It really was.

I see this one ending within 5 minutes.

I'd take that bet, it almost ended in the last 30 seconds
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    why aren't my Leaf friends returning texts, poor fellas
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Insane
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Ill take Jagr for B's
    Lupul for Leafs
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    WOW!
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    Wow... Just wow

:o
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

where is the scene of Toronto square, I want to see all the Leaf fans dejected

I feed off that
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:

I feed off that
    wuhwhat_medium.gif
    smarchee wrote:

I feed off that
    wuhwhat_medium.gif

:lol:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    heartbreaker !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    smarchee wrote:
    249135_10151674330892502_822744151_n.jpg
  • wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    smarchee wrote:
    249135_10151674330892502_822744151_n.jpg

and the curse lives on lol
    ajb
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    heartbreaker !

+1
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    serious choke job last night ...

not sure if it was intentional but not sure how you can leave an opponent standing in front of your goalie and no body on them on both those last two goals in regulation ... sending out the same guys who were gassed at the end of the game for the 3rd goal is mind numbing ... also disheartening to know that no one is willing to sacrifice their body ... not a single blocked shot from the point ... not a fan of cherry but he's been beating that point to death and he's right ... you can't give the point men free reign to get shots on goal ...

i would say the leafs lost 4 games as opposed to the bruins winning 4 ...

in any case - what do we know? ... reimer is not a #1 goalie in this league, phaneuf is not a lock down D man and carlisle is not a genius ...
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    polaris_x wrote:

not sure if it was intentional but not sure how you can leave an opponent standing in front of your goalie and no body on them on both those last two goals in regulation ... sending out the same guys who were gassed at the end of the game for the 3rd goal is mind numbing ... also disheartening to know that no one is willing to sacrifice their body ... not a single blocked shot from the point ... not a fan of cherry but he's been beating that point to death and he's right ... you can't give the point men free reign to get shots on goal ...

in any case - what do we know? ... reimer is not a #1 goalie in this league, phaneuf is not a lock down D man and carlisle is not a genius ...

I don't think we can say this about Reimer. without him they don't make the playoffs and they lose in 5 games instead of 7 games. you are correct on the other 2 points.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    fife wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

I don't think we can say this about Reimer. without him they don't make the playoffs and they lose in 5 games instead of 7 games. you are correct on the other 2 points.
    I'm with fife on this one, I think you stick with Reimer now and put this goalie controversy bs to bed.
    fife wrote:

i honestly don't think he played that great ... and mentally he's pretty weak ... a good goaltender gives you consistency and mental toughness ... playing good for stretches at a time does not qualify ... his poor rebound control, lack of stick work, no glove and and a weak 5-hole pretty much makes him a backup at best ...
    just brutal ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• CTD10CTD10 Posts: 351
    I still can not believe I watched that happen last night. 10 minutes left in the game and up 4-1 and lose the game.....that should NEVER happen.
    ctd
    CTD10 wrote:
    I still can not believe I watched that happen last night. 10 minutes left in the game and up 4-1 and lose the game.....that should NEVER happen.
    But it did...

Dancing-leprechaun-animated-01.gif
    polaris ... is this your tv.

3e601413-d780-4e91-8e8a-4798bab706e0.jpg

• I've never, ever, seen two goals with the goalie pulled, where the defensive team can't even touch the puck, better yet get it over their own blue line.

When you are up and know that a win gets you to the next round. You don't coast to the defenceman and then kind of move out of the way, cause you don't want the puck to hit your shin pads. Pathetic!

Good news is the Red Wings are still alive!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

lukin2006 wrote:

:lol::lol: ... honestly, i was disappointed as a fan ... but at the same time i wasn't shocked they imploded ... they were lucky to escape game 6 ... if you're gonna play the same tired bunch who cave at the end of games every time - eventually you'll get burned ... i feel bad for the players didn't get a chance to see the ice at the end of regulation because their coach didn't have faith in them but instead put in a gassed out bunch who have already showed they couldn't hack it ...

seriously ... no one tried to block a point shot and no one put a body on the guy in front ... mind boggling ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

:lol::lol: ... honestly, i was disappointed as a fan ... but at the same time i wasn't shocked they imploded ... they were lucky to escape game 6 ... if you're gonna play the same tired bunch who cave at the end of games every time - eventually you'll get burned ... i feel bad for the players didn't get a chance to see the ice at the end of regulation because their coach didn't have faith in them but instead put in a gassed out bunch who have already showed they couldn't hack it ...

seriously ... no one tried to block a point shot and no one put a body on the guy in front ... mind boggling ...

I was kind of surprised he didn't call a TO when Boston made it 4-2 ... or maybe he did and I missed it.

The best that can be said is this is a young team that imploded in game 7, they should learn from it.

lukin2006 wrote:
    I was kind of surprised he didn't call a TO when Boston made it 4-2 ... or maybe he did and I missed it.

The best that can be said is this is a young team that imploded in game 7, they should learn from it.

that's what a lot of people are saying but i'm not too sure ... an implosion like this does more damage than good ... i think it's different if you get beat out there but when you choke away a game ... hard to take much away from it ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

that's what a lot of people are saying but i'm not too sure ... an implosion like this does more damage than good ... i think it's different if you get beat out there but when you choke away a game ... hard to take much away from it ...
    Easy there, Debbie Downer, you're still in shock and sound like a Montreal Canadiens fan. A lot of positives to take away from the series for Leaves fans (that took a lot for me to say...).

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some condolence cards to mail.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

i honestly don't think he played that great ... and mentally he's pretty weak ... a good goaltender gives you consistency and mental toughness ... playing good for stretches at a time does not qualify ... his poor rebound control, lack of stick work, no glove and and a weak 5-hole pretty much makes him a backup at best ...

if you look at the whole series he was a top player for you. you don't win game 5 or 6 without him. you also have to keep in mind that the whole team looked really bad for 10 minutes last night but before that he was great.

you have one last year on his contract if I am correct. I would sign a older back up goalie to help him along. this is his first playoff experience against a team that many picked to be in the finals.

If I am the leafs, you need to sign Kessel right away, realize that Dion is not the shut down dman and you also need a center who can win a damm faceoff.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I've never, ever, seen two goals with the goalie pulled, where the defensive team can't even touch the puck, better yet get it over their own blue line.

Amazingly enough, this wasn't the first time the Bruins scored 2 with the goalie pulled this year.

While they ended up losng THIS GAME in a shoot out, they pulled a stunningly similar comeback against the Rangers in February.

I haven't been around here much ... pretty much went bananas last night as the B's survived ... but damn, I'll be pulling for the Leafs in years to come. The fan base is insane ... hope they are rewarded sooner rather than later.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Jim Ralph tweeted earlier today that he has been let go as color commentator for the Leafs. I thought that was pretty horseshit. Most sane guy there with a microphone. I'm going to miss him and his insightful interviews with old players/legends.
    Kings trade Bernier to Maple Leafs for Frattin, Scrivens, 2nd round pick

http://www.thescore.com/home/articles/1 ... round-pick

The Toronto Maple Leafs have acquired goaltender Jonathan Bernier from the Los Angeles Kings, the Kings announced on Sunday.

The Kings acquire forward Matt Frattin, goaltender Ben Scrivens and a second round draft pick in either the 2014 or 2015 NHL Entry Draft.

The Maple Leafs have the option to decide which Draft year they surrender the second round pick in.

Bernier, who has been the target of multiple trade rumours since the Kings were eliminated from the playoffs, went 9-3-1 with a 1.88 goals against average and .922 save percentage in 14 games with the Kings this season. The 24-year-old has posted a career goals against average of 2.36 and a .912 save percentage in limited action over five seasons in Los Angeles.

Frattin, 25, recorded 13 points in 25 games with the Maple Leafs this season, while Scrivens went 7-9 with a 2.69 goals against average and a .915 save percentage in 20 games during 2012-13.