Toronto Maple Leafs

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    polaris_x wrote:
    o'byrne is way out of his league ... standing there ... he had to take the shooter there ...
    He doesnt need to do that if Phaneuf doesnt make that awful pinch to try and make the hit.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    i think your season is coming to close ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Oh boy, Phaneuf
    Yeah Captain Caveman botched that one up
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

that's awesome!! ... reimer sucks ...
    He doesnt need to do that if Phaneuf doesnt make that awful pinch to try and make the hit.

for sure ... but he still played that like a junior A benchwarmer ... kessel got back ... he should have played the shooter especially considering the guy scored 2 goals already ... o'byrne has been awful all series ... he's way in over his head and it shows ...
    I guess there was a reason the leafs were looking for a goalie at the trade deadline...maybe Toronto should have held onto Rask? Look at the bright after the leafs are done then you can turn your attention to Jays baseball ;).
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:
    I guess there was a reason the leafs were looking for a goalie at the trade deadline...maybe Toronto should have held onto Rask? Look at the bright after the leafs are done then you can turn your attention to Jays baseball ;).

what's with the low blows man!? ... :lol:
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    Man I would love to be at the ACC tonight, Cant eh Leafs force the Game 7, wouldn't that be great, first time in playoffs in 9 yrs and the first round goes to Game 7....there is the experience for the young Leafs :)

GO LEAFS GO!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    Game 7 would be awesome ...

It looks like a lot of fun outside the ACC...has to be 5000 people there.

OH YEAH BABY...........BRING ON GAME 7

GO LEAFS GO!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    Good win Toronto ... This was a very exciting game ... Toronto fans probably didn't need the last minute excitement ... You can all breath now.

Game 7 Monday? Is that right? That might favor your team ... You got all the momentum and a hot goalie.

lukin2006 wrote:
    Game 7 Monday? Is that right? That might favor your team ... You got all the momentum and a hot goalie.

you bet Monday night.

GO LEAFGS GO!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    honestly ... i can't believe this series has gone 7 ... leafs are dodging major bullets ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    honestly ... i can't believe this series has gone 7 ... leafs are dodging major bullets ...

I'm not surprised ... isn't that how the bruins played most of the season ... for a few games they look like the best team and then for some reason then they don't look very good ... inconsistency. Anyhow I never thought I'd say this but I'll be pulling for the leafs tonight.

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

I'm not surprised ... isn't that how the bruins played most of the season ... for a few games they look like the best team and then for some reason then they don't look very good ... inconsistency. Anyhow I never thought I'd say this but I'll be pulling for the leafs tonight.

The Bruins all year seem they can't finish out games especially when they have had a lead during the game.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

lukin2006 wrote:

as i've said all along ... the bruins just aren't playing very well ... the games they won i would say are more games the leafs lost ... their positioning and forechecking have been good and winning the majority of faceoffs has helped them gain control of the puck ... but most of their scoring chances are from the periphery and from crashing the net ...

i don't know if they are just waiting for the leafs to choke and cough up the puck like they have in their wins but if the bruins play like they did in the second half of the last two 3rd periods ... they should handle the inexperience of this leafs team pretty easily ...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    polaris_x wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

that's awesome!! ... reimer sucks ...

did you see the guy sitting behind Reimer's wife and mother last night with the shirt that said 'it wasn't me, #not my offensive comment?' - freaking fantastic.
    pjhawks wrote:
    did you see the guy sitting behind Reimer's wife and mother last night with the shirt that said 'it wasn't me, #not my offensive comment?' - freaking fantastic.

i was too busy trying to figure out if i liked the curls or not ... :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

as i've said all along ... the bruins just aren't playing very well ... the games they won i would say are more games the leafs lost ... their positioning and forechecking have been good and winning the majority of faceoffs has helped them gain control of the puck ... but most of their scoring chances are from the periphery and from crashing the net ...

i don't know if they are just waiting for the leafs to choke and cough up the puck like they have in their wins but if the bruins play like they did in the second half of the last two 3rd periods ... they should handle the inexperience of this leafs team pretty easily ...

from the games i've seen of the entire playoff so far ... which consist of games on NBC or CBC or if I happen to be somewhere and catch TSN I've only seen 3 teams that have been consistent night in night out, Chicago, San Jose, LA ... the rest of the teams seem so inconsistent. So who knows what'll happen tonight, hopefully the leafs win.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    polaris_x wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

i was too busy trying to figure out if i liked the curls or not ... :lol:

I didn't, thought she looked better the other night.
    Bad luck for Bruins: Boston gets stuck in Toronto after Leafs game thanks to plane trouble

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/05/ ... e-trouble/

Cant believe the Leafs are 15 minutes from winning this series.
    HOLD UP!
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539

nice jinx :lol:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    WOW ... that was some kind of collapse ... You still have a chance in OT.

haha ... this team is awful ... it's kinda brutal watching cuz if boston would just play like it can - this wouldn't be a series at all ...

so ... you have a group who's playing tight and just got scored on with 1:22 to go ... and you stick the same group back out there!? ... awful ...
    smarchee wrote:

nice jinx :lol:
    :D It really was.

I see this one ending within 5 minutes.