I remember when.....

Comments

• FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Jo wrote:
    fe.
    I remember when I was 9 years old and rolling around in the back of the station wagon with no seatbealt and by law I was allowed in the back of the Ute with the dog.
    We had no airconditioning and we never, ever threw rubbish out the window.....EVER!
    If us kids were out with our parents and Aunties, Uncles and Cousins, and if we got tired and wingey,
    we just had to go to sleep on the floor in the lounge..
    hehehehe

I remember when driving from Brisbane to Lismore (northern NSW) took over 4 hrs! Same thing no A/C, every 2nd weekend + xmas +easter +funerals! :lol: In the HR or later the 1600 with vinyl seats....awesome in summer!

These days it takes about 2.5hrs and you set the car on cruise control, put on the A/C and tunes....enjoy the ride.
    Yay for bypasses!
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    pandora wrote:

I remember all this too, my life, great post :thumbup: ...how things have changed....the safe feeling is gone.

I remember when I never had heard the word pedophile or sexual predator :cry:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    like Jo said
    returning bottles and cans for the refund
    that is great money for kids

and after they been accumulating for a few weeks or months or after a big get together

i remember when the lee county fair turned me and my brothers into multi-millionaires.

im in 1st grade picking up endless cans and bottles for refunds.
    we made $70.00

pretty decent lump sum for 3 snot nosed little shit around 1978 or so..
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    chadwick wrote:
    like Jo said

and after they been accumulating for a few weeks or months or after a big get together

i remember when the lee county fair turned me and my brothers into multi-millionaires.

we made $70.00

$70???? spoilt little brats! ha ha, do you remember how many lollies and cool drink you could get with that? The best thing was, we shared with all the other kids. Remember when it was normal to share?
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Jo wrote:
    fe.
    I remember when I was 9 years old and rolling around in the back of the station wagon with no seatbealt and by law I was allowed in the back of the Ute with the dog.
    We had no airconditioning and we never, ever threw rubbish out the window.....EVER!
    If us kids were out with our parents and Aunties, Uncles and Cousins, and if we got tired and wingey,
    we just had to go to sleep on the floor in the lounge..
    hehehehe

I remember when driving from Brisbane to Lismore (northern NSW) took over 4 hrs! Same thing no A/C, every 2nd weekend + xmas +easter +funerals! :lol: In the HR or later the 1600 with vinyl seats....awesome in summer!

These days it takes about 2.5hrs and you set the car on cruise control, put on the A/C and tunes....enjoy the ride.
    Yay for bypasses!

Vinyl Seats.....ahhh,
    I think there could be a memory in that for ALL of us :P .
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    pandora wrote:
    friendship bracelets were in style and mood rings and troll dolls, love troll dolls Troll-Doll-troll-dolls-1353693-396-566.jpg:D

I found a box of my old troll dolls in my mother attic. My daughter loves them!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Jo wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    like Jo said

we made $70.00

$70???? spoilt little brats! ha ha, do you remember how many lollies and cool drink you could get with that? The best thing was, we shared with all the other kids. Remember when it was normal to share?
    i remember we shared a bottle of pop
    that's how it was

we didnt get our own soda pop drink until 24 or 27 years old :lol:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Many, many memories. Among the best are all the concerts I saw for only $5-10 in the 70s, including Jimi Hendrix for $5 in 1970. My husband paid about the same to see Blind Faith in Baltimore in 1969.

Where'd you see Jimi? That was on the April- August US tour, I guess? I have boots of most of those shows.
    Fort Worth, TX. Pretty sure it was in May. I had the ticket stub for years, don't know what happened to it.
    He didn't play as long a set as we expected (based on the usual length of concerts then). He seemed to get frustrated. Of course, we were all bummed about it but figured we'd have another chance to see him. Not to be. :(
    He was still bitchin. I'd be curious if you have that boot.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Does anybody remember the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts well as I do as a child. :D They were so funny to me then.

20080830-m1w57rxjfxpkbd9hbsrtdfhiie.jpg

Dean Martin Roasting Johnny Carson

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I remember when Star Trek started.

I remember doing things as a kid that I wouldn't dream of letting my kids do.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    g under p wrote:
    Does anybody remember the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts well as I do as a child. :D They were so funny to me then.

20080830-m1w57rxjfxpkbd9hbsrtdfhiie.jpg

Dean Martin Roasting Johnny Carson

Peace
    Yes! Love these... we bought a bunch on VHS a few years back to reminiscence. I just couldn't take Don Rickles...to mean for me
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I remembered this fondly, watching with my Pops...Lost In Space :D
    cad2375e.jpg
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    edited October 2010
    Lancealot Link Secret Chimp was watched by me and my sisters and laughing our ass off! :lol::lol:
    51MptTnknUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Post edited by Green Circle on
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    I remember going on cigarette and booze runs for the old ladies in my grandmother's building from age 4 on and no one batting an eyelid in the stores. During school breaks, we'd leave the house in the morning and return at dinnertime without anyone worrying about our wherebouts - in a big city. I also remember not being aware that there was supposed to be skin on one's knees, not dried blood; and when my Commodore SX-64 was the shiznit and my best friend and I would play Donkey Kong under our desk in elementary school :P
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    pandora wrote:
    I remembered this fondly, watching with my Pops...Lost In Space :D
    Me too!! DANGER! DANGER!!! :D

I remember watching this every day after school:
    25blan_CA1.600.jpg
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Lizard wrote:
    25blan_CA1.600.jpg

religiously! with my grandma! :D
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I remember when Norm looked like this:

caddyshack10b.jpg
    I remember when Norm looked like this:

caddyshack10b.jpg

the gopher killed him...that's why he's dancing
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    norm wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    25blan_CA1.600.jpg

Fat Fanny was so fat...
    Audience: How fat was she...

She was so fat that when she lied on her husband, she blanked him...
    :lol:

Gene Raynburn is the man
    GoiMTvP.gif
    norm wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    25blan_CA1.600.jpg

Fat Fanny was so fat...
    Audience: How fat was she...

She was so fat that when she lied on her husband, she blanked him...
    :lol:

Gene Raynburn is the man

and sooo drunk...a serious letch too...watching repeats on game show network, whenever the contestant is a young, cute girl he's practically molesting her and making terrible double entendres...i love the 70's! :lol:
    Ohh such good times...
    I miss Charles Nelson Riley :cry:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Ohh such good times...

brett, cnr, richard and fanny...add in Joyce Bulifant and bert convy and there is the best game show on tv! :mrgreen:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    norm wrote:
    Ohh such good times...

brett, cnr, richard and fanny...add in Joyce Bulifant and bert convy and there is the best game show on tv! :mrgreen:

huhuh....fanny
    norm wrote:
    Ohh such good times...

Close... but I'll go with Paul Lynde in the Center Square

Paul_Lynde.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
    norm wrote:
    Ohh such good times...

Paul_Lynde.jpg

yeah i thought about that too but besides george gobel, paul was the only person i liked on hollywood squares
    norm wrote:

Paul_Lynde.jpg

yeah i thought about that too but besides george gobel, paul was the only person i liked on hollywood squares
    Oh C'mon!!

charo.jpg

87252_generated_384x288__ieYGoF-ht061LFI-8SDYmw.jpg

The Guest Stars were the best
    87263_generated_384x288__1sSKerQWr0Cg3vKzMesZww.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Gawd you guys are old!!!!

:lolno:

:wave:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Oh C'mon!!

and i answer with...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kRs7F2bJgo

:lol::lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    When I'd get up in the morning and get ready for school, I'd watch:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOV0G5FDLii1JAcdqw9sXhRjKpUIC_yDm0lgWpE1QlspdFbtQ&t=1&usg=__RwO1bHEQbEz4mM_aiGrA6vtmsok=

And Bill Cosby was at the end of the program doing the 'Picture Pages':
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZAHPsDfYc3hlUnTSaYhxp7L-6yVP8i_niYxeLj-aV6KAiqQ8&t=1&usg=__shDyMaT3GM2WGPOx2w7D4dHKtfo=
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless