I remember when.....

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    DangDang wrote:
    i remember my dad telling me about 5c beers @ a Bar. 1 dollar = 20 beers. Can you immagine!!! He'd tell me about getting off work on friday and going to the bar, sleeping in central park and only going home on Monday Morning to shower, shave and change his close before going back to work. Sounds Wonderful :D

I bet you missed him on the weekends

Naaa, that was way before i was born. He was boring by the time i came around. :(
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    4and20 wrote:
    DangDang wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    We'd roller skate down the middle of the road and have races...

Were they the skates that you'd wear OVER your sneakers?

no, they weren't the old metal wheel skates! :lol:
    They were the red, white and blue boot lace up ones...and you'd go to the skating rink and get those silly fuzzy pom-pons to put on the front....(mine were pink, and they had bells on them... :oops: )
    I was quite the roller skater back then

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTh43Wfm_JgVCnubjHht2OUZKEKBV6acCWJ4HzXg9Ld82khsho&t=1&usg=__egrJNuIFI1_mMWEmSJsORzl_q-Q=

the ones on the left....Sears didn't have any of the white ones :cry:

I remember roller skating rinks and skating especially to "The Night Chicago Died"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mmm roller skating. i was a beast on skates. we would have races at our local rink with the winner getting a free candy bar or something like that. i dominated them punks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    pandora wrote:
    gas cost 35 cents a gallon and an average new car costs $3000! :shock:

what do you remember when?

gas was 85 cents/gallon just 12 years ago.
    www.myspace.com
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    We used to roller skate on Russian Hill in San Francisco as kids. It was cold and windy up at the top of the hill but the skates made a great clickety-clack sound on the concrete sidewalks.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    my weekly gas cost used to be like $3. gas was less than a buck and my gas tank was like 3 gallons max and it would last a week. those were the days.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    justam wrote:
    We used to roller skate on Russian Hill in San Francisco as kids. It was cold and windy up at the top of the hill but the skates made a great clickety-clack sound on the concrete sidewalks.

RADNOR ROLLS BABY. RADNOR ROLLS
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    my weekly gas cost used to be like $3. gas was less than a buck and my gas tank was like 3 gallons max and it would last a week. those were the days.

there was some weird deal going on in china's economy in the late nineties, if i remember correctly, that caused gas to plummet to those low numbers. it was great for me being in college at the time and having no cash
    www.myspace.com
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    class A cigarettes cost $0.79 cents per package.
    that was awesome for bullshit teenagers.
    it was the mid to late 80's.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    81 wrote:

there was some weird deal going on in china's economy in the late nineties, if i remember correctly, that caused gas to plummet to those low numbers. it was great for me being in college at the time and having no cash

from my memory, during this time (early 90's) i don't remember gas ever getting much above a dollar. then it climbed a bit to mabye 1.50 for a couple of years before falling back to a buck. then of course, it's been on a steady climb since. :evil:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i'd buy some weed off different friends and it was never weighed. weed back then was bought and sold by using the finger system. (im sure large quantities used scales though)

i remember getting 2 & 3 finger bags all day long for 10 or 20 bucks.
    Uncle Jesse has huge hands too :mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    justam wrote:
    this sounds like a blast.
    go justam go

ever wipeout bigtime?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    justam wrote:

aah to be so fearless again.

we use to skate down the hill across the road. it started in maybe a 45 degree angle and at the bottom there was a curve to the left where very soon after the street ended in a t intersection. if my kids did something similarly stupid id hope the wouldnt tell me til years later.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I remember when this movie was cutting edge, deep and relevent. :::sigh:::

6pump_up_the_volume.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I remember when this movie was cutting edge, deep and relevent. :::sigh:::

6pump_up_the_volume.jpg

Christian Slater....{sigh}

I had this poster in junior high....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRT7Rusml8OXWbchYTFY4jdglZ7FNYPcR0n-KDMBIv2dMInruE&t=1&usg=__Fnvj3F6aBVpzBVprGarCshWBTG4=
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    DangDang wrote:
    In my neighborhood growing up, when one kid wanted another kid to come out & play, you didn't call them on the phone. Nor did you knock on their door. You would stand on the sidewalk in front of their house, make a megaphone out of your hands, and shout, "YO, ROBERT" (or whatever the kid's name was) repeatedly until the kid came out, which was usually 60 seconds or less.

Was this only my neighborhood?
    (in the seventies)
    Oh we did that in the 60's but it was
    "OH FOR JULIE" or whatever and there were dinner bells too the parents rang.
    And milk was delivered to the house by the Golden Guernsey man and put in the milk shoot. :D
    pandora wrote:
    DangDang wrote:
    In my neighborhood growing up, when one kid wanted another kid to come out & play, you didn't call them on the phone. Nor did you knock on their door. You would stand on the sidewalk in front of their house, make a megaphone out of your hands, and shout, "YO, ROBERT" (or whatever the kid's name was) repeatedly until the kid came out, which was usually 60 seconds or less.

Was this only my neighborhood?
    (in the seventies)
    Oh we did that in the 60's but it was
    "OH FOR JULIE" or whatever and there were dinner bells too the parents rang.
    And milk was delivered to the house by the Golden Guernsey man and put in the milk shoot. :D

my mom rang the bell for dinner, i promise ya.
    it is funny to remember that.

the cast iron triangle hanging from the front porch roof thingy.
    cast iron bar for running around the triangle which creates a ringing high pitch sound.
    brothers and i playing out in the wood/fields many hills over.

good stuff.

boys come runnin... grub time
    chomp chomp like wild animals

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i remember when this board was fun and free
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    kissing mickeyrat...
    i remember doing that @ pj last year

he's bad :twisted: :lol:

:lolno:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    chadwick wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    kissing mickeyrat...
    i remember doing that @ pj last year

he's bad :twisted: :lol:

:lolno:

:wtf:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    tin beer cans with the pull tab and $40 for an oz
  • Clothes and goods were MADE IN AMERICA.
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    when girls weren't allowed to swim in public pools if they didn't have all their hair tucked up inside a bathing cap....

and even us lil munchkins would have those big marks left imprinted around our heads for hours cause the stupid things were so tight...

then they quit enforcing it as guys were letting their hair grow long and wouldn't wear them...

so for my sis & me and our friends it was yippee...no more squished heads :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • ...I was too young to be fucked by a binding contract
    81 wrote:
    mmm roller skating. i was a beast on skates. we would have races at our local rink with the winner getting a free candy bar or something like that. i dominated them punks.

A marathon bar?
    prism wrote:
    when girls weren't allowed to swim in public pools if they didn't have all their hair tucked up inside a bathing cap....

and even us lil munchkins would have those big marks left imprinted around our heads for hours cause the stupid things were so tight...

then they quit enforcing it as guys were letting their hair grow long and wouldn't wear them...

that is insane.
    virginia is a bullshit state anyhow.
    good thing you moved.

ever tell the lifeguard enforcing the swimming cap rule to suck your nuts?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I remember "Mickeys" beer...do you? It was in a green container, and had a gigantic mouth hole..what a dumb idea. It would spill all over you when you were trying to drink while driving or as a passenger.
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    chadwick wrote:
    prism wrote:

that is insane.
    virginia is a bullshit state anyhow.
    good thing you moved.

ever tell the lifeguard enforcing the swimming cap rule to suck your nuts?

i don't recall as a pre-schooler ever telling the lifeguard to suck my nuts... :lol:

in fact i'm pretty sure i've never told anyone that...

unless maybe i was talking 'bout my homemade trail mix :mrgreen:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    DangDang wrote:
    I remember "Mickeys" beer...do you? It was in a green container, and had a gigantic mouth hole..what a dumb idea. It would spill all over you when you were trying to drink while driving or as a passenger.
    haha

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    DangDang wrote:

83146975.jpg