I remember when.....

Comments

• DangDang wrote:
    I remember "Mickeys" beer...do you? It was in a green container, and had a gigantic mouth hole..what a dumb idea. It would spill all over you when you were trying to drink while driving or as a passenger.

ahhh... Mickey's Big Mouth...
    and these little messages under the cap added to the fun...
    250px-Mickeys_cap.jpg
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    prism wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    prism wrote:
    when girls weren't allowed to swim in public pools if they didn't have all their hair tucked up inside a bathing cap....

and even us lil munchkins would have those big marks left imprinted around our heads for hours cause the stupid things were so tight...

then they quit enforcing it as guys were letting their hair grow long and wouldn't wear them...

so for my sis & me and our friends it was yippee...no more squished heads :D

that is insane.
    virginia is a bullshit state anyhow.
    good thing you moved.

ever tell the lifeguard enforcing the swimming cap rule to suck your nuts?

i don't recall as a pre-schooler ever telling the lifeguard to suck my nuts... :lol:

in fact i'm pretty sure i've never told anyone that...

unless maybe i was talking 'bout my homemade trail mix :mrgreen:

You probably didn't even have nuts yet.
    I remember getting my jeans caught in the greasy bicycle chain.

Then you had to pedal yourself out.
    81 wrote:
    mmm roller skating. i was a beast on skates. we would have races at our local rink with the winner getting a free candy bar or something like that. i dominated them punks.

You never tripped?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    DangDang wrote:
    I remember "Mickeys" beer...do you? It was in a green container, and had a gigantic mouth hole..what a dumb idea. It would spill all over you when you were trying to drink while driving or as a passenger.
    Its a staple here most weekends, damn fine and fun drinking beer, love a tubby! :D
    Remember when phones didn't have automatic hang up after 30 seconds. If somebody hung the phone up crooked, the other party couldn't use the phone.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I remember having birthday parties at Farrell's

Ice cream sundaes as big as your head, the little kazoos, and all the candy in the apple buckets...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSY3g6FBQSr1lUsqUhATE2rFkxgrnNrbeyFE99z9yayOnA2HdU&t=1&usg=__oYalUt5NZJyomscL2I3b6v4I5SU=
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • $1 could get you 2 packs of cookies and a sunny delight
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    DangDang wrote:
    I remember being in 8th grade catholic school--about 13 yrs old-- and there was a "substitute" priest who used to buy the boys in my class beer. I remember me & my friend standing outside the rectory, standing on a pile of bricks looking inside the window to see what was going on. During this time, the priest left in the car & took the boys with him. Me & my friend went into the rectory, and removed a six pack of beer from the fridge.

We hid the beer in the bushes until the next morning. Next morning came & we bought snowcones, sucked all the juice out of them until they were just balls of ice. Then we poured the beer into the snowcones and enjoyed the nice cold beer-cones repeatedly throughout the afternoon.

Any of you ever do this too?

No but it sounds like a great idea to this day, I live in Jersey and you can't get a cold beer in Jersey to save your GD life.

hmmm, beer-cones :D

Beer-cones, and not Root or Birch either!

I am trying to imagine why Jersey doesn't have cold beer. Tell me why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynlW5_rnRVE Definitely went hand-in-hand with beer-cones era.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    4and20 wrote:

Ice cream sundaes as big as your head, the little kazoos, and all the candy in the apple buckets...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSY3g6FBQSr1lUsqUhATE2rFkxgrnNrbeyFE99z9yayOnA2HdU&t=1&usg=__oYalUt5NZJyomscL2I3b6v4I5SU=

http://www.happyjoes.com/
    same thing but this is happy joe's.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    DangDang wrote:

and standing up pedalling furiously uphill only for the chain to slip and on to the cross bar you'd go. :shock: :shock:
    nuffingman wrote:
    DangDang wrote:

and standing up pedalling furiously uphill only for the chain to slip and on to the cross bar you'd go. :shock: :shock:

Your avatar....I always wondered what "packers" meant!
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    DangDang wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:
    DangDang wrote:

I get a few comments about my avatar... not sure why. :)
  • 4and20 wrote:

Oh my God, Farrells, holy crap I forgot all about those places :P
  • chadwick wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

http://www.happyjoes.com/
    same thing but this is happy joe's.
    Same thing but this is Jahn's

jahns2.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,440
    i remember ...
    when girls wore baggy clothes and those shoulder pads on their clothes instead of the next to nothing they wear today - damn the 80s fashion

when Cosby was the coolest show on TV

kids walking or riding bikes everywhere - we must have been such menaces to drivers - i would hate this if this still occurred (in fact as an adult now i would have hated the kid in the neighborhood that i was)

when Monday Night Football was exciting as hell when your team was on it

drinking water from the hose in the summer

throwing snow balls at buses and occasionally cars

skipping classes to go to the arcade to play video games and eat fries hoping like hell not to get caught but feeling so alive as you walked away from school
    nuffingman wrote:
    DangDang wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:

I get a few comments about my avatar... not sure why. :)

Me neither.

Was it huffy bike, by the way?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    pjhawks wrote:
    i remember ...
    when girls wore baggy clothes and those shoulder pads on their clothes instead of the next to nothing they wear today - damn the 80s fashion

when Cosby was the coolest show on TV

kids walking or riding bikes everywhere - we must have been such menaces to drivers - i would hate this if this still occurred (in fact as an adult now i would have hated the kid in the neighborhood that i was)

when Monday Night Football was exciting as hell when your team was on it

drinking water from the hose in the summer

throwing snow balls at buses and occasionally cars

skipping classes to go to the arcade to play video games and eat fries hoping like hell not to get caught but feeling so alive as you walked away from school

The kids in my neighborhood still do this....even at 2AM....if I was drunk I probably would have taken out a bunch of kids already....damn whipper snappers! :twisted:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I remember when TV would shut down each night - the Kiwi and the cat would come on and turn the lights off and the screen would turn into a rainbow.

I remember when I got my pocket money of 50cents and went to the dairy to get my lolly fix of 100 fizzies.

I remember listening to the top nine at 9 with my finger hovering on the record button of my boom box to catch any good songs.

I remember kung-fu shoes and neon bike shorts under ra ra skirts.....
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    I remember the 11pm curfew....
    "Parents, do you know where your children are ?"
    would come on the TV screen along with a warning sound.
    If you were caught out after that you could find yourself in the Detention Center til morning when your parents came and got you.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    I remember when you could go out and hardly anyone could get in contact with you. Now your significant other can track your whereabouts through tracking devices on a cellphone. :o

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    pandora wrote:
    If you were caught out after that you could find yourself in the Detention Center til morning when your parents came and got you.

Where did you LIVE?! :shock:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Where did you LIVE?! :shock:

Suburb of Milwaukee, I think they are trying to bring them back but giving fines instead of taking you in.
    10pm week nights 11 pm weekends..... Sirens sounds TV announcement.
    friendship bracelets were in style and mood rings and troll dolls, love troll dolls Troll-Doll-troll-dolls-1353693-396-566.jpg:D
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    French skipping and jacks were the games of kids.
    pandora wrote:
    that is shit and piss.

they do this now in my hometown. (little bitty ft. madison, iowa...)
    my neice and nephew just got busted out and about after hours.

little E was getting soda pop from a vending machine down the street... 2:00 am... in trouble, fine for the county courthouse... judges tend to be fat and have nice retirement funds paid in full due to court costs and retirement funds.

Whammers... poor little girl, all innocent and 15... she is full of light and compasion
    she is what butterflies & flower inspire to be... out late breaking up a fight between her friends in the alley behind her house....

again... trouble for the krueger family,,, court fined her
    once again, Portly the judge, yes your honor
    your retirement fund is building nicely

Krueger kids have always helped you judges build up your retirement funds.

FUCK OFF

uncle Chad loves you, little E...
    love you Whammers

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • I remember when cartoons were actually funny.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    I remember when cartoons were actually funny.
    i agree
    i remember they used to make me laugh or at least smile a lot.
    i am very lost with this japanese cartooning experience.
    it is pure shit.

i remember when i used a Zippo lighter.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • A gig cost £3.75
    DSC00055.jpg
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    chadwick wrote:
    I remember when cartoons were actually funny.
    i agree
    i remember they used to make me laugh or at least smile a lot.
    i am very lost with this japanese cartooning experience.
    it is pure shit.

i remember when i used a Zippo lighter.

With you both on the cartoon thing. What the hell happened?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/