Official *2012 Pittsburgh Steelers* Thread

Comments

• It was not pretty at times, but I'll take it. Steelers have lots of injuries to deal with, hpefully 3 straight home games help.

Very Curious to see if Ngata and the ravens corner that hit Miller in the head get fined.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • It was not pretty at times, but I'll take it. Steelers have lots of injuries to deal with, hpefully 3 straight home games help.

Very Curious to see if Ngata and the ravens corner that hit Miller in the head get fined.

I think that Jameel McClain will get a hefty fine... he should, that was pretty much the definition of a head shot to a defenseless receiver. However, if he threw that hit a few weeks ago it (when those hits were on the front burner), he probably would have gotten more then he'll get... as inconsistent as the league has been.

I doubt Ngata will get fined, seemed more like just a blown call than anything... Probably would only be a fine if it was Manning or Brady that took that shot.

Steelers really have some injury issues... hopefully they can get the O line shored up a bit, it's been a M*A*S*H unit all season.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,950
    I would be interrested to see what comes from the league office about this game. Could be theres rules for the league as a whole and rules for a few select players or teams.

Roger Goodell , cockblocking ring #7 since 2010.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Always great to beat the Ravens. Thought they might get us at the end again. I can't believe they didn't go for tat field goal. That hit on Miller deserves the biggest fine of the season. Not that I totally agree.
    #FHP
    Cincy today. Hope we do to them what they did to us last year!

"FUCK CINCY" Speedy McCready
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:

still have to watch out for them and play OUR game.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    Horos wrote:

still have to watch out for them and play OUR game.

exactly, Cincy has a lot of talent despite their record and has given the Steelers fits recently. Hopefully we put them away early and no one gets injured this week.
  • Thankfully, the defense decided to show up today.
    Thankfully, the defense decided to show up today.
    no shit!!! Bad offensive showing when your defense puts more points on the board than the offense does. But I'll take it!!

mickeyrat wrote:
    Thankfully, the defense decided to show up today.
    no shit!!! Bad offensive showing when your defense puts more points on the board than the offense does. But I'll take it!!
    That's how they've been doing it for years. I'll take it too!
    #FHP
    My regular Sunday bump.

Let's go STEELERS!!!
    #FHP
    will give half credit to the Jets. The other half goes to the refs for a bunch of blatant no calls.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    even teh fans think the league is out to get them now. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    first quarter alone saw at least 5 holds/pass interference. that last drive had a potential game winnner that wasn't called. Simms even said so, which surprised me because of earlier 1st quarter comments. I dont mind losing. just call it fairly for fucks sake. it seems a bit unfair lately. how the fuck do you break the qb's nose without getting called for it? How do the commentators make a statement about hearing the helmet to helmet that results in a concussion and throw no flag?

81 wrote:
    http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio ... b96216f307
    Hines begins at the 2:30 mark or so. These guys make some good points.

AFC NORTH CHAMPS!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:

• :thumbup:
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Polamalu-imitates-Superman-in-jumping-ove;_ylt=AkR0o_pibg0EQFR5OsrKYpI5nYcB?urn=nfl-302562

Should be defensive player of the year. Good to know he gets another week of rest for the playoffs.
  • BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    Here We Go Steelers.... Here We Go!!!

It's time to crank up the STYX "Renegade" and unleash hell.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

STEELERS!!!!!!!!

And you call yourselves fans. This thread should have been on page one. Was up in cleveland , no less, during the game working. Could only hear snipets on the radio. Thank God my regional manager is a Steelers fan. otherwise those browns suckers wouldn't have allowed the game to be on!!

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    kA-cHING
    Looks like the road to the Superbowl goes through Pittsburgh....again. And this guy will be playing Sunday
    5757829.jpg
  • Looks like the road to the Superbowl goes through Pittsburgh....again. And this guy will be playing Sunday
    5757829.jpg

:thumbup: As will Heath who did not play at our last meeting.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ░H░E░R░E░(¯''•.¸ *¸.•''¯) ░W░E░ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ░G░O░(¯''•.¸* ¸.•''¯)░S░T░E░E░L░E░R░S░ (¯''•.¸ * ¸.•''¯) ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪░H░E░R░E░(¯''•.¸ * ¸.•''¯)░W░E░♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪░G░O░(¯''•.¸*...
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    This will be the Steelers' fifth appearance in the AFC Championship Game in the past 10 years; their 15 appearances in their conference's championship game is the most in the league since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger; and Sunday's game against the Jets will be the fourth AFC Championship Game at Heinz Field since it opened in 2001.

Looks like the road to the Superbowl goes through Pittsburgh....again. And this guy will be playing Sunday
    5757829.jpg

:thumbup: As will Heath who did not play at our last meeting.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ░H░E░R░E░(¯''•.¸ *¸.•''¯) ░W░E░ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ░G░O░(¯''•.¸* ¸.•''¯)░S░T░E░E░L░E░R░S░ (¯''•.¸ * ¸.•''¯) ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪░H░E░R░E░(¯''•.¸ * ¸.•''¯)░W░E░♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪░G░O░(¯''•.¸*...

I forgot Miller missed that game too. Does not sound like too many guys got injured, the linemen should all be back, and Aaron Smith may be back too.
    mickeyrat wrote:
    STEELERS!!!!!!!!

And you call yourselves fans. This thread should have been on page one. Was up in cleveland , no less, during the game working. Could only hear snipets on the radio. Thank God my regional manager is a Steelers fan. otherwise those browns suckers wouldn't have allowed the game to be on!!
    :oops:

Well I did start the thread but we certainly aren't as prolific posters as other teams fans.

Shame my Six-burgh Steelers shirt may be obsolete after only two years.

My friend asks me if I'm not tired of winning.

GO STEELERS!!!

insert clever slogan about going for 7 here
    #FHP
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Horos wrote:
    Stairway to Seven
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Stairway to Seven
    Very nice! :clap:
    #FHP
    We are the Champions my friends!!!

Time for some grilled cheese and tomato soup!
    #FHP
  • Horos wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Stairway to Seven
    Very nice! :clap:

Plagiarism! "Stairway to Seven" is one of the current headlines on NFL.com.

Either way, THANK GOD these guys put the Jets away.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com