Official *2012 Pittsburgh Steelers* Thread

HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
How bout them Steelers! 2-0 out the gate with a stunning victory over Tennesse. I ever picked the Titans in my office pool. :oops: Got to love Dixon starting if for no other reason than I get the game on local TV here in Oregon(GO DUCKS!!!).
#FHP
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    edited September 2010
    THANK GOD for Dick LeBeau...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Sorry i have to

Go Lions !!
  • DeLukin wrote:
    THANK GOD for Dick LeBeau...

+ Troy and Aaron Smith.

And it looks like Timmons is finally getting a grasp of the defense. I have never seen CJ2K take hits like he did in that game. He did not want to be on the field in the 4th quarter. I thought Harrison was going to kill Vince Young at one point. Still a lot of games left, but they have been impressive so far. Mendenhall and Redman have looked pretty good even going against teams stacking 8 guys in the box to stop them.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    edited October 2010
    My expectations aren't that high. But I love that they've made it through these first 2 games with the various injuries. Seemed like someone was getting hurt every other play yesterday.
    Post edited by Horos on
    #FHP
  • I'd love to comment in this thread, but I'm currently guarding the bathroom door for Ben.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I'd love to comment in this thread, but I'm currently guarding the bathroom door for Ben.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • :oops:

All's forgiven in the NFL with winning. Just look at Baltimore.
    /turns around
    //makes sure Ray Murda not behind me
    ///hides
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Mr Cope would be loving this team..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4xi7eA68og
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    Yayh STEELERS!!

(did we win yesterday? Yes, I said "we" is if I too played...and still don't know the outcome :wtf: )
    DangDang wrote:
    Yayh STEELERS!!

(did we win yesterday? Yes, I said "we" is if I too played...and still don't know the outcome :wtf: )

what kind of man are you? oh wait, you're not a man at all. go bake me some cookies and bring me a beer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited October 2010
    82 cookies
    Post edited by DangDang on
    DangDang wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DangDang wrote:
    Yayh STEELERS!!

what kind of man are you? oh wait, you're not a man at all. go bake me some cookies and bring me a beer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here you go, Honey, :angel: :D :angel:

Cigarette-Butts-Photo.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i think i see some semi burnt joints in there.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited October 2010
    81 cookies
    Post edited by DangDang on
    oh....well, you suck than. i'm gonna go post that pic in Sawyers stop smoking thread. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,950
    edited October 2010
    DangDang? 19-11 for a 2-0 start!!
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • congrats on beating 2 cupcakes , next up Tampa
    you better thank the schedule maker and that number 43 is healthy
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
    mickeyrat wrote:

Yayh! Thanks mickeyrat,

Well I guess "we're" going to win the super bowl then.

Are you comfortable giving the peace sign with the second hand?

(Did you ever get those drum pads?)
  • m0jorisen wrote:
    congrats on beating 2 cupcakes , next up Tampa

Not sure I would call Atlanta or Tennessee (especially on the road) cupcakes. Tampa maybe, even with them 2-0. And then the Ravens? Not an easy four games.
    edited October 2010
    m0jorisen wrote:
    congrats on beating 2 cupcakes , next up Tampa

Not sure I would call Atlanta or Tennessee (especially on the road) cupcakes. Tampa maybe, even with them 2-0. And then the Ravens? Not an easy four games.
    Not to mention the injuries to both lines and I think we're down to our 3rd string QB. Can only play the games that are scheduled and the 1st 4 games were hardly considered to be cupcakes before the season started. At least we didn't lose to 2 cupcakes like the Cowboys. :lol:
    Post edited by Horos on
    #FHP
  • Good to see then come out with 2 wins, especially under the circumstances.

Man... that Polamalu flying goal line tackle makes me shake my head... how do you defend against a guy who is everywhere all of the time?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    edited October 2010
    DangDang wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Yayh! Thanks mickeyrat,

yes i am comfortable doing that. You do mean flashing both middle fingers , right? :mrgreen:

And no, not yet. On the to do list still. Have some shit to get cleaned up before I make anymore purchases.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DangDang wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Yayh! Thanks mickeyrat,

yes i am comfortable doing that. You do mean flashing both middle fingers , right? :mrgreen:

And no, not yet. On the to do list still. Have some shit to get cleaned up before I make anymore purchases.

Yes, as long as you can borrow somebody else's hand to hold those other five.

I learned that as long as you have sticks, many things make a percussion instrument--especially the inside of a metal garage door (strengthened with hurricane metal beams as a bonus)--its a huge gigantic wall of percussion.

Go Charlie! :?
  • Not sure I would call Atlanta or Tennessee (especially on the road) cupcakes. Tampa maybe, even with them 2-0. And then the Ravens? Not an easy four games.[/quote]

Atlanta , Tennessee and Tampa all non Playoff teams

cupcakes
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • m0jorisen wrote:

Atlanta , Tennessee and Tampa all non Playoff teams

cupcakes

I guess that is true for last year. Steelers missed the playoffs last year as well. But we are a long way from January 2011, and the Falcons and Titans both might be playing then.

Who do you pull for?
    edited October 2010
    Looking to go 3-0 against another cupcake! Hope we can do it with the lack of offense.
    Post edited by Horos on
    #FHP
    edited October 2010
    Have to find it online to watch.
    Damn scrub Bengals and Browns. Forever blocking access to a winning team!!! Sucks to live in Columbus on Sundays.

edited October 2010
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Damn scrub Bengals and Browns. Forever blocking access to a winning team!!! Sucks to live in Columbus on Sundays.
    Even with Dixon out we're getting it here in Eugene. Pretty surprised. Ironic too that 5 or 6 years ago I wrote the paper complaining that they were showing all the Lions games because Joey Harrington was starting.
    Post edited by Horos on
    #FHP
    edited October 2010
    Horos wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Even with Dixon out we're getting it here in Eugene. Pretty surprised. Ironic too that 5 or 6 years ago I wrote the paper complaining that they were showing all the Lions games because Joey Harrington was starting.
    what else are they going to show? Seahawks games? The 49's? :lol::lol::lol:

Living in Ohio its always been this way. Sucks too, all those years of great Steelers football , being to stuck to watch the bungles and the shitstains!!!

edited October 2010
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    what else are they going to show? Seahawks games? The 49's? :lol::lol::lol:

Living in Ohio its always been this way. Sucks too, all those years of great Steelers football , being to stuck to watch the bungles and the shitstains!!!
    Well you called that right, those are the other 2 televised games today. Sometimes we get the Raiders too. :evil:
    Post edited by Horos on
    #FHP
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    You can always listen online to the radio broadcast... http://www.dve.com/main.html
    I know hearing about Harrison knocking someones head off isn't nearly the same as seeing him do it but at least you can hear the local broadcasters get fired up about it.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..