Official *2012 Pittsburgh Steelers* Thread

Comments

• The Fish got fucked

wluh77.jpg

49941_594680061_981197_n.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    edited October 2010
    The Fish got fucked

wluh77.jpg

That's the best angle I've seen. Clearly shows no one has possesion before the play was ruled a TD. There's only one hand on the ball and a couple of Steelers diving towards the pile.
    Post edited by Horos on
    #FHP
  • canoegirlcanoegirl Posts: 295
    7 times 5 35 GO STEELERS
  • canoegirlcanoegirl Posts: 295
    COOK FOREST :D
  • I wonder how bad the Steelers are gonna beat the Saints tonight?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Horos wrote:
    The Fish got fucked

wluh77.jpg

That's the best angle I've seen. Clearly shows no one has possesion before the play was ruled a TD. There's only one hand on the ball and a couple of Steelers diving towards the pile.

Yeah but it doesn't matter if it's ruled a TD or not. They're supposed to determine who recovered the fumble in the event of a review. The Dolphins player nearest the ball in the first pic is the one who has it in the 2nd pic. But I'm over it. I'm over it. I swear...I'm over it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,950
    Horos wrote:
    The Fish got fucked

wluh77.jpg

Yeah but it doesn't matter if it's ruled a TD or not. They're supposed to determine who recovered the fumble in the event of a review. The Dolphins player nearest the ball in the first pic is the one who has it in the 2nd pic. But I'm over it. I'm over it. I swear...I'm over it.
    looks like about three yards IN the endzone? that about right? Show this fumble at the goal line, hmm? then we can talk.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    New week, New Game!! Time for some Steelers Football!!! LETS GO STEELERS!!!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    SHIT!!!!!

Had to work and didn't see much but what I saw was pretty sad.
    #FHP
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Show this fumble at the goal line, hmm? then we can talk.

dude, it was so a fumble. it's one thing to take advantage of a bad call, but to not admit it was a bad call is weak. just ask ben, oh wait, he still think's he scored a td on teh play. :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Horos wrote:
    Had to work and didn't see much but what I saw was pretty sad.

It was a tough game... both defenses outplayed the offenses.

If Miller doesn't fumble that ball, the Steelers were moving pretty good, chances are they at least tie it up...

But at that point in the game, Brees was moving the Saints well too, so if there was any time left, chances are they could have scored too, so who knows...

Sounding cliche, the saints made plays and the steelers didn't, but it seemed like a pretty good matchup for the most part.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    I wonder how bad the Steelers are gonna beat the Saints tonight?

Turns out, not really that bad. Maybe if the Steelers were a real team like the Browns then it would have been more of a challenge. :lol:;):D
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    looks like about three yards IN the endzone? that about right? Show this fumble at the goal line, hmm? then we can talk.

You don't seem to understand what I'm saying. Even though it was called a touchdown and a whistle blew, the refs are still supposed to find out who recovered the fumble in the event of a review and overturn. It's like how if a guy fumbles in the field of play and a whistle blows, they still find out who recovered it in case it's overturned. So I don't see why you're talking about how the ball was recovered "three yards IN the endzone." There's no relevance to that. Once the review showed that Roethlisberger was indeed short of the goal line, they should have already determined before the review that Miami recovered and then it would have been a touchback and Miami's ball at the 20.

By rule, they did the review correctly because if they can't determine who recovered it from the review, it goes back to the team that fumbled at the point they fumbled. I understand this. I'm just saying they should have knew who recovered it before it even went to review.

That all being said, 1) Miami still had two and a half minutes to get into field goal range and didn't and 2) even if Miami was awarded the ball (like they should have been), Pittsburgh still had a timeout and the two-minute warning so they possibly could have gotten the ball back. So I'm over it. Pitt is 5-2 and Mia is 4-3. That's where we're at after week 8.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    mickeyrat wrote:

You don't seem to understand what I'm saying. Even though it was called a touchdown and a whistle blew, the refs are still supposed to find out who recovered the fumble in the event of a review and overturn. It's like how if a guy fumbles in the field of play and a whistle blows, they still find out who recovered it in case it's overturned. So I don't see why you're talking about how the ball was recovered "three yards IN the endzone." There's no relevance to that. Once the review showed that Roethlisberger was indeed short of the goal line, they should have already determined before the review that Miami recovered and then it would have been a touchback and Miami's ball at the 20.

By rule, they did the review correctly because if they can't determine who recovered it from the review, it goes back to the team that fumbled at the point they fumbled. I understand this. I'm just saying they should have knew who recovered it before it even went to review.

That all being said, 1) Miami still had two and a half minutes to get into field goal range and didn't and 2) even if Miami was awarded the ball (like they should have been), Pittsburgh still had a timeout and the two-minute warning so they possibly could have gotten the ball back. So I'm over it. Pitt is 5-2 and Mia is 4-3. That's where we're at after week 8.
    and my point being can you post a photo showing the ball closer to the goal line? did ANY one have enough possesion in the scrum to warrant an over turn of the on field call? I wasn't able to watch this particular game ( thanks to the fucking bengals and the browns, tv hogs!!!)

Dropped to page 8. :cry:

Big game today. Pats always seem to have our number. Lets hope we have theirs tonight.

GO STEELERS!!!! :clap::clap:
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:

Big game today. Pats always seem to have our number. Lets hope we have theirs tonight.

its been two weeks since a post. it wasn't necessary to comment on the browns game was it?

Hope Harrison is available for the game. Troy has two picks today. Oline banged up. Ben better have his scrambling shoes on and make better decisions with the ball. MOVE the fucking chains Big Bathroom Bandit!!!!!

Yes GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

HA, used Dissedent as an outro to a commercial. Best part of the game so far!!

• mickeyrat wrote:
    HA, used Dissedent as an outro to a commercial. Best part of the game so far!!

LOL...I caught that too! I thought that might turn the game around...NOT!!!
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    Horos wrote:

its been two weeks since a post. it wasn't necessary to comment on the browns game was it?

Hope Harrison is available for the game. Troy has two picks today. Oline banged up. Ben better have his scrambling shoes on and make better decisions with the ball. MOVE the fucking chains Big Bathroom Bandit!!!!!

Yes GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

Didn't we play Cincy last week???
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Horos wrote:

Yes GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

Didn't we play Cincy last week???
    even more to my point!!!!

so glad I didnt stay awake for the disappointment last night. although it seems the were actually playing the game late in the game.

Was sick, but also what I predicted in my weekly pick'em. :oops:

Which won me $60. :oops:
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:

realist I see. you really should donate the winnings to the Harrison BS Fine fund.

• mickeyrat wrote:
    Horos wrote:

realist I see. you really should donate the winnings to the Harrison BS Fine fund.

:lol:

That was one of the worst performances I have seen from the defense in a while. Offense had too many problems, those drops in the end zone. It was hard to watch. Injuries are killing us right now, especially on the offensive and defensive lines.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Horos wrote:

:lol:

That was one of the worst performances I have seen from the defense in a while. Offense had too many problems, those drops in the end zone. It was hard to watch. Injuries are killing us right now, especially on the offensive and defensive lines.
    I really think Ben needs to visualize the receivers as drunken college women near bathrooms. Then he might be able to be on target. several bad throws. Barring that, higher percentage throws. Yes , injuries to the lines dont help. Keamatu goes down to often. good but not as tough as could be. stopped watching at halftime. looked flat the first half. D wasn't playing with the usual zeal.

Bring on the Raiders!

Hope it goes better than last year. :shock:
    #FHP
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Horos wrote:
    Bring on the Raiders!

Hope it goes better than last year. :shock:
    Hey, guess what? It did! :lol:

Sorry, just bumping out of boredom. And Stiller love.
    My weekly bump for the Steelers. Hopefully not overlooking the Bills today.
    #FHP
    http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Pitts ... uiet-Riot/

Dig it!!! whats on his ipod. about halfway down the page.

• Some decent quotes in the article below... some of the Steelers are calling out the League, and the NFLPA it seems.

Farrior sound off on the NFL as players are on their own
    6:17pm - Wednesday, December 1st, 2010 by Dale Grdnic

PITTSBURGH -- James Farrior called the NFL's management team the wild, wild west, while Hines Ward said that group was a bunch of hypocrites.

These latest criticisms by Pittsburgh Steelers players come as no surprise since they follow another league fine for teammate James Harrison. After being penalized for roughing Buffalo quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, actually for using the crown of his helmet on the hit, he was fined $25,000. He now has been fined $125,000 this season.

"I don't know if the league is wrong in every instance, but they really started off bad when they fined him $75,000,'' Farrior said Wednesday. "I don't know how they got to that amount and it got that high, because we all got a list of the fines -- first and second instances -- but I don't believe $75,000 was on that paper.

"I think it's eventually going to cost us a game or getting him suspended, so nothing good can come out of this for us. (So, players) have to talk about it. We can't just keep sitting here and taking it. We all have to say something and not keep letting them bend us over and give it to us. I don't know if the labor dispute is the reason. I haven't looked at that angle yet.

"But where's Maurice Smith in all of this,'' Farrior added, referring to the Executive Director of the NFL Players Association. "I haven't heard from him one time. We're on our own right now. As I've said earlier, it's the wild, wild west. There's no type of regulation going on. It's just one guy making all the rules and doling out the fines.''

Some three decades ago, Steelers Hall of Famer Jack Lambert called for the league to put dresses on all the quarterbacks. Farrior believed the NFL should just make a statement to not hit those players that hard.

"They want those guys on the field at all times, and that's what it boils down to,'' Farrior said. "They make all the money, and they want to protect them at all costs. What I want to know is that we're the only team doing this? Is James Harrison the only guy who's getting penalized and getting fined?

"I know it has to be happening somewhere else, but it seems like we're the only team that's getting all the attention. (Also), I guess they're saying it's OK to fight sometimes, and you'll just get a fine. You can do a whole lot of stuff, but you better not hit that quarterback hard.''

Ward knows that there's nothing the Steelers can do to get Harrison some money back, especially since appeals appear to fall on deaf ears. But he was certain that nobody else has been fined like Harrison during his 13 NFL seasons.

"One time, the refs throw a flag and there's no fine, but another time they don't throw a flag and there's a fine,'' Ward said. "So, we don't know what the league wants, but they're going to keep taking money out of our pockets, so we'll just keep writing it off as a deduction on our taxes. (And) it's going to change an outcome. Somebody's going to lose a game because of it.

"There's going to be a huge play in a playoff game, and somebody's going to hit a quarterback or do something, and the referee will be too scared to call it. But he's going to call it anyway, so he can save his tail. He might not even get fined, but it's going to come down to changing an outcome. It's football. I don't care what you do, it's always going to be a physical game.

"If a quarterback gets hit or anything,'' Ward added, "if you can't hit them in the head or knees, where can you hit them? I keep seeing our quarterback get hit, and nothing is called. We'll take 15 yards now and then, but I'm not going to keep barking up the same tree as far as complaining. The league doesn't care about us anyway. They're going to take our money, no matter what.''

Ward joked that maybe Harrison can do a couple autograph signings to make some money back in the offseason. Then, he continued to rail on the league.

"They say they're concerned about the safety of the game,'' Ward said, "but if they do care then why are they adding two games? They can say that they're worried about concussions, but why don't they make these new helmets mandated all over the league so each player can have that. They collect money from every company that pays them.

"Now, we have three different helmets. ... They're hypocrites. They talk about safety, but they're adding on two games. You talk about not wanting players to drink, but our major endorser (sponsor) is Coors Light. You say that you don't want us to gamble, but you have spreads and betting lines listed. So, we just have to play football, and whatever the NFL decides to do we're going to do it.''
    http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/farrior-says-players-are-on-their-own-as-nflpa-is-nowhere-to-be-found/32275/
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln