Official *2012 Pittsburgh Steelers* Thread

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,950
    edited October 2010
    Liking what I'm seeing here!! Doesnt matter if its the Bucs or not!!
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Such a strong team.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

edited October 2010
    3-0 start to the season!!! Gotta love. AND the second road win in a row!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    170422_dancing_banana.gif
  • Defense is nasty again. Bring on the Ravens.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    I love it when a big man goes 78+ for a TD. Go Steelers!
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    edited October 2010
    Batch had a super game. Hope he's half as good vs the Ravens. Bring on some more cupcakes.
    Post edited by Horos on
    #FHP
    Favored against the Ravens? Game is at home and it is only 2, guess that really makes them a slight dog.

4-0 would be incredible with all the cupcakes left on the schedule.
    #FHP
  • Horos wrote:
    Favored against the Ravens? Game is at home and it is only 2, guess that really makes them a slight dog.

4-0 would be incredible with all the cupcakes left on the schedule.

Not too surprised we are favored. We have the #1 defense. I've seen all 3 Ravens games and their offense is not very good. If Cleveland's secondary knew how to play, Boldin would not have had those 3 TD's last week and they may have lost. Ravens run defense is still one of the best, but their secondary is suspect. And it looks like Rice may miss the game with a knee injury.

If Batch/Leftwich don't turn the ball over, we get a good run game, and our defense plays like they have, I think we have a good shot of 4-0 heading into the bye week.

But divisional games can be tricky.
    edited October 2010
    Ravens always seem to play us tough regardless of how they are doing. 4-0 going into the bye would be incredible. :thumbup:
    Post edited by Horos on
    #FHP
    edited October 2010
    Horos wrote:
    Ravens always seem to play us tough regardless of how they are doing. 4-0 going into the bye would be incredible. :thumbup:
    I'll happily take 3-1 going into the bye and Cleveland the following week. Thought over all the team handled themselves very well, considering the QB situation the "bathroom bandit" put them in. The injuries sustained this early put an extra burden on them too.

They could definitely be a lot worse off...Really wanted Batch to get this win though.

edited October 2010
    theres something that bothers me about this thread. Needs to be an S on the end of Steeler in the title. otherwise, GO STEELERS!!!!!! :mrgreen:

edited October 2010
    mickeyrat wrote:
    theres something that bothers me about this thread. Needs to be an S on the end of Steeler in the title. otherwise, GO STEELERS!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    :oops:
    Post edited by Horos on
    #FHP
    edited October 2010
    Horos wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    :oops:
    all good. ;) now every one!! Go back and edit your posts to add the S!!!!!

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    It was a tough loss considering the Steelers did just as much to beat themsleves with those stupid penalties. Also figures the one time we decide to blitz, the Ravens are expecting it and leads to their touchdown. Plus McFadden getting killed by that double move by TJ.

happy to be 3-1 with our 3rd and 4th string QB's. Schedule is brutal after the Cleveland game.
    It was a tough loss considering the Steelers did just as much to beat themsleves with those stupid penalties. Also figures the one time we decide to blitz, the Ravens are expecting it and leads to their touchdown. Plus McFadden getting killed by that double move by TJ.

happy to be 3-1 with our 3rd and 4th string QB's. Schedule is brutal after the Cleveland game.
    I don't know if I would call it brutal. 4 or 5 tough ones.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:

I don't know if I would call it brutal. 4 or 5 tough ones.

Yeah, I mean after Cleveland, the @ Miami, @ New Orleans, @ Cinci, New England stretch is rough. After we beat Cleveland, I think we need to win 3 of those 4 games.
    Hoping we'll shut down the run in Miami, New Orleans is slipping just a bit (fingers crossed), Cinci even worse.

Maybe just wishful thinking.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    Hoping we'll shut down the run in Miami, New Orleans is slipping just a bit (fingers crossed), Cinci even worse.

I agree. Plus we should actually start playing some offense in two weeks, so maybe our defense will know they don't have to hold teams to 10 points so we can win. The run game should be better once teams are not stackign 8 guys in the box every play.
    Horos wrote:

I didn't even mention Cleveland in there, hope I'm not overlooking them.

Back in action this week with Roethlisberger back.

GO STEELERS!!!
    #FHP
    colt-mccoy.jpg

May he rest in peace after today.
    colt-mccoy.jpg

May he rest in peace after today.
    Do have a feeling they will kill him! What a game to make your debut in.
    #FHP
    Back on track.. :thumbup:

Horos wrote:

I agree. Plus we should actually start playing some offense in two weeks, so maybe our defense will know they don't have to hold teams to 10 points so we can win. The run game should be better once teams are not stackign 8 guys in the box every play.
    Fuck that, the defense needs to keep teams to 10 or less!!! They cant let up!!!

Offense looked a little rusty today. But should get better in the next few weeks. I thought Harrison killed Cribs.
    Now the defense is going to have to play great the next few games. Hoping to shut down the run in Miami and come on isn't that what the Steelers do? Should lead to a victory.
    #FHP
    Got to bump this up every week. Guess us Steelers fans aren't prolific posters.

Let's take down the Dolphins!!!
    #FHP
  • Whew...little too close but got the W!!! :thumbup: :clap:
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Ugly. But I'll take it. Any win on the road is a good one. Hopefully we can play a little better in New Orleans next week. We need Smith and Woodley back too.