Seinfeld "Sufferings"

Comments

• Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I choose not to run.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    A worthy competitor for some of the best dialogue in Seinfeld, ever. Again, I think Jason Alexander's delivery as George in all of his lines are fucking brilliant. It absolutely makes the comedy of the scene for me personally that is.

JERRY: So the roommate laughed at everything I said.

GEORGE: Wow.

JERRY: It was a great sounding laugh too, kind of lilting and feminine--none of

those big coarse "ha's." You know those?

GEORGE: Oh yeah: HA-A-A, HA-A-A.

JERRY: Yeah.

GEORGE: Hate the big coarse "ha." Hate those.

JERRY: And the worst part of course is that she also possessed many of the

other qualities prized by the Superficial Man.

GEORGE: I see.

JERRY: So as you can see, I've got a bit of a problem here.

GEORGE: Well, if I hear you correctly--and I think that I do--my advice to you

is to finish your meal, pay your check, leave here, and never mention

this to anyone again.

JERRY: Can't be done, huh?

GEORGE: The Switch?

JERRY: "The Switch."

GEORGE: Can't be done.

JERRY: I wonder.

GEORGE: Do you realize in the entire history of western civilization no one has

successfully accomplished the Roommate Switch? In the Middle Ages you

could get locked up for even suggesting it!

JERRY: They didn't have roommates in the Middle Ages.

GEORGE: Well, I'm sure at some point between the years 800 and

1200--somewhere--there were two women living together.

JERRY: The point is I intend to undertake this. And I'll do it with or without

you. So if you're scared, if you haven't got the stomach for this, let's

get it out right now! And I'll go on my own. If not, you can get on

board and we can get to work! Now what's it going to be?

GEORGE: All right, dammit, I'm in.

JERRY: I couldn't do it without you.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Statue of limitations
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    "The Fire" is one of the best episodes of the series. Some of my favorite dialogue comes from this episode. (sorry for this long post but this is one of my favorite sequences)

New scene - George talking to Eric, the clown at Robin's son's birthday party.

GEORGE: Bozo?

ERIC: No.

GEORGE: B-O-Z-O?

ERIC: Sorry, I...

GEORGE: You've never heard of Bozo the Clown?

ERIC: No!

GEORGE: How could you not know who Bozo the Clown is?

ERIC: I don't know, I just don't.

GEORGE: How can you call yourself a clown and not know who Bozo is?

ERIC: Hey, man - what are you hassling me for? This is just a gig, it's not my life. I don't know who Bozo is, what - is he a clown?

GEORGE: Is he a clown? What, are you kidding me!?

ERIC: Well, what is he?

GEORGE: Yes, he's a clown!

ERIC: Alright, so what's the big deal! There's millions of clowns!

GEORGE: Alright, just forget it.

ERIC: Me forget it? You should forget it! You're livin' in the past, man! You're hung up on some clown from the sixties, man!

GEORGE: Alright, very good, very good...go fold your little balloon animals, Eric. Eric! What kind of name is that for a clown, huh?

ROBIN'S MOTHER: Excuse me...you must be George! I'm Robin's mother. Oh, you seem like such a lovely young man!

GEORGE: Well, I do what I can. <Robin comes over.>

ROBIN: Hi Mom, how's everything?

ROBIN'S MOTHER: Oh, this is just a wonderful party!

ROBIN: The burgers should be ready in a minute.

GEORGE: Ah, great, great. <sniffs> What's that smell? Smoke? <walks to the kitchen> Hey everybody, I think I smell some smoke back here...<smoke boils into the doorway.> FIRE! FIRE! Get out of the way!

<The kids all scream and the party goes crazy. George barrels out of the kitchen, pushing down kids, clowns and old ladies in a mad panic to escape. He runs out the door and leaves everyone behind.>

Cut to George sitting in the back of an ambulance with an oxygen mask on his face.

GEORGE (to the EMTs): It was an inferno in there! An inferno! <Eric, Robin's mother, and all the kids rush at George.>

ERIC: There he is! That's him! <Tries to clobber George with his big shoe.>

ROBIN'S MOTHER: That's the coward that left us to die!

Commercial break.

Cut back to George attempting to explain his cowardly actions to Robin, her mother, Eric and a fireman from the back of the ambulance at the party.

GEORGE (voice is hoarse from screaming): I...was trying to lead the way. We needed a leader! Someone to lead the way to safety.

ROBIN: But you yelled "get out of my way"!

GEORGE: Because! Because, as the leader...if I die...then all hope is lost! Who would lead? The clown? Instead of castigating me, you should all be thanking me. What kind of a topsy-turvy world do we live in, where heroes are cast as villains? Brave men as cowards?

ROBIN: But I saw you push the women and children out of the way in a mad panic! I saw you knock them down! And when you ran out, you left everyone behind!

GEORGE: Seemingly. Seemingly, to the untrained eye, I can fully understand how you got that impression. What looked like pushing...what looked like knocking down...was a safety precaution! In a fire, you stay close to the ground, am I right? And when I ran out that door, I was not leaving anyone behind! Oh, quite the contrary! I risked my life making sure that exit was clear. Any other questions?

FIREMAN: How do you live with yourself?

GEORGE: Its not easy.

New scene - George and Jerry at the coffee shop.

GEORGE: So she doesn't want to see me anymore.

JERRY: Did you knock her over too, or just the kids?

GEORGE: No, her too. And her mother.

JERRY: Really? Her mother.

GEORGE: Yeah. I may have stepped on her arm, too, I don't know.

JERRY: You probably couldn't see because of the smoke.

GEORGE: Yeah. But it was somebody's arm.

JERRY: So you feel "women and children first," in this day and age, is somewhat of an antiquated notion.

GEORGE: To some degree.

JERRY: So basically, it's every man, woman, child, and invalid for themselves.

GEORGE: In a manner of speaking.

JERRY: Well, it's honest.

GEORGE: Yeah. She should be commending me for treating everyone like equals.

JERRY: Well, perhaps when she's released from the burn center, she'll see things differently.

GEORGE: Perhaps.

JERRY: So, what was the fire? Just a couple of greasy hamburgers?

GEORGE: Yeah. Eric the Clown put it out with his big shoe.

JERRY: By the way, did you see this? <Hands George a magazine>

GEORGE: What's that?

JERRY: It's the Leonard Christian article about my show. Plus my gig in Miami got cancelled, I betcha it's because of the article.

GEORGE: Wow, he really does a number on you. <reads> "Seinfeld froze like a deer in the headlights in the face of incessant heckling."

JERRY: I should have let her have it! I held back because of Kramer.

GEORGE: You know what you oughta do. You should go to her office and heckle her.

JERRY: Yeah, right.

GEORGE: You know, like all the comedians always say, 'How would you like it if I came to where you work and heckled you?'

JERRY: Yeah, that'd be something.

GEORGE: I'm not kidding, you should do it.

JERRY: But wouldn't that be the ultimate comedian's revenge? I've always had a fantasy about doing that.

GEORGE: Well, go ahead! Do it!

JERRY: Why can't I?

GEORGE: No reason!

JERRY: You know what? I think I'm gonna do that! She came down to where I work, I'll go down to where she works!

GEORGE: This is unprecedented!

JERRY: There's no precedent, baby!

GEORGE: What...are you using my babies now?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    It was not the snooze maaan.

Jean Paul episode is in the top 5

Bastard child
    Hot tub
    Sons of bitches
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,774
    It was not the snooze maaan.

Jean Paul episode is in the top 5

Bastard child
    Hot tub
    Sons of bitches

You tell that son of a bitch, no Yankee is ever coming to Houston! Not while you bastards are running things!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,774
    See that's how they talk in the major leagues.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Statue of limitations

alright, Kramer, you're right, it's a sculpture of limitations!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Jerry to George: I think she's using her speed dial as some type of relationship barometer

Kramer: it's pronounced "thermometer"

*PAUSE*

George: anyway.....
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    is it my dead tooth?

mouthwash burns my cankers

thanks Elaine, you're such a super lady

more wine and heavy gravy?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Jerry to George: I think she's using her speed dial as some type of relationship barometer

Kramer: it's pronounced "thermometer"

*PAUSE*

George: anyway.....
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    wstenwsten Posts: 29
    about George's gortex coat:

Kramer: You better be careful with that thing...........you'll start a war.
  • Options
    wsten wrote:
    about George's gortex coat:

Kramer: You better be careful with that thing...........you'll start a war.
    :lol:
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Ramon the pool boy!
  • Options
    YOU'RE NOT GIVING AWAY OUR WATER PICK!!
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    YOU'RE NOT GIVING AWAY OUR WATER PICK!!

Serenity now!
    Serenity now!
    SERENITY NOW!!!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    The opening of "The Serenity Now". Frank is by far the best parent in television history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auNAvO4NQnY
  • Options
    Elaine: Sienna?
    Jerry: Yeah, he's dating a crayon.
  • Options
    Elaine: just get my chart
    Kramer: Bennet, right?
    Elaine: it's Benes, you jackass!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Kramer: yeah, Bally's, Jerry Seinfeld's room please.....well I think you're wrong...........S-E-I-N-V-
    Mrs Seinfeld: F....F-E-L-D
    Kramer: F-E-L-D.....well you have a lucky day too. *click*
    Mrs Seinfeld: well?
    Kramer: yeah, they've never heard of him
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    You don't even know what a write-off is.
  • Options
    bindy123bindy123 Posts: 210
    "I know why we have reservations"

"I dont think ya do...if ya did, I'd have a car!"
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the series box set has the same exact bonus features/extras as the individual releases?
  • Options
    Shit's going down.

https://twitter.com/#!/JerrySeinfeld/st ... 17/photo/1

https://twitter.com/#!/JerrySeinfeld/st ... 13/photo/1

Something must be happening. Also, be ready to have a stiff neck after looking at the pictures.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Newch91 wrote:
    Shit's going down.

Something must be happening. Also, be ready to have a stiff neck after looking at the pictures.

Doesn't Jerry have a new show coming out? L.D. is probably making an appearance after Jerry did that for Curb
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Shit's going down.

Doesn't Jerry have a new show coming out? L.D. is probably making an appearance after Jerry did that for Curb
    Is he?
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Newch91 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Shit's going down.

Is he?

I thought I remembered hearing Gervais mention this somewhere recently.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Is he?

I thought I remembered hearing Gervais mention this somewhere recently.
    Yeah, I know the two of them were working on something. I looked on Jerry's IMDB page and the only thing it says he's working on (or in) is a documentary about cell phones and cancer.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    well jerry and ricky produced that hbo special they did with chris rock and louis ck
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    well jerry and ricky produced that hbo special they did with chris rock and louis ck
    I caught the middle of that a few months ago and it hasn't been on since. :x