Options

Seinfeld "Sufferings"

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,774
    Newch91 wrote:

And also notice who he beat in the finals! Best show ever.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

And also notice who he beat in the finals! Best show ever.
    :lol: I know. Crazy!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Slip him a mickey
  • Options
    Slip him a mickey
    I feel like I'm in the movies!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    I just had to sit through a cake party because I've worked at my office for 10 years.
    This is totally me right now!!! :lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOrMyi2m_4E
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    dcfaithful wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I find pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted, cured meats.

Hungry?

One of my favorite dialogues from the whole series is in this episode...

George: So eh, what do you say?

Tara: I guess we could use some food in our lovemaking.

George: Ok, we got your...got your strawberries, your chocolate sauce, your pastrami on rye with mustard, your honey...

Tara: Wait wait wait, pastrami on rye with mustard?

George: Oh yeah yeah, don't you know they used pastrami in that movie 9 weeks? Remember the pastrami scene?

Tara: No.

George: Well, maybe it was Ghostbusters? Where ever it was, it worked!

[George takes a big bite and charges on to Tara.]

The way that George says, Well maybe it was Ghostbusters is priceless!

No actor could've played George Costanza better than Jason Alexander. Nobody, I say.

what about Jack Black?
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    rollings wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    No actor could've played George Costanza better than Jason Alexander. Nobody, I say.

what about Jack Black?

Interesting. :think: I still think Jason is the champion. His delivery as George Costanza is something that up and coming actors should study. Don't know if he practiced any method acting, but he really convinces me that George Costanza is a real person (you could argue he is as he is pretty much based on Larry David... Newch can probably provide some more accurate input on this).

Also, in general I think Jason Alexander is just an underrated actor.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    rollings wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

One of my favorite dialogues from the whole series is in this episode...

George: So eh, what do you say?

Tara: I guess we could use some food in our lovemaking.

George: Ok, we got your...got your strawberries, your chocolate sauce, your pastrami on rye with mustard, your honey...

Tara: Wait wait wait, pastrami on rye with mustard?

George: Oh yeah yeah, don't you know they used pastrami in that movie 9 weeks? Remember the pastrami scene?

Tara: No.

George: Well, maybe it was Ghostbusters? Where ever it was, it worked!

[George takes a big bite and charges on to Tara.]

The way that George says, Well maybe it was Ghostbusters is priceless!

what about Jack Black?

Ugh! I hate Jack Black!! That would have made it a terrible show. Jason Alexander is the only George. Period. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    rollings wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

what about Jack Black?

Interesting. :think: I still think Jason is the champion. His delivery as George Costanza is something that up and coming actors should study. Don't know if he practiced any method acting, but he really convinces me that George Costanza is a real person (you could argue he is as he is pretty much based on Larry David... Newch can probably provide some more accurate input on this).

Also, in general I think Jason Alexander is just an underrated actor.
    Yes, Larry based George off himself, as well as his neurosis. Jason plays George better than Larry, who is based off of Larry. His performance as George is some of the best television acting I've ever seen. No one can pull off the magic of portraying Larry/George as well as Jason did.
  • Options
    "All she needs is a nose job." That's why I love Kramer, saying what's on his mind.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,773
    Newch91 wrote:
    Yes, Larry based George off himself, as well as his neurosis. Jason plays George better than Larry, who is based off of Larry. His performance as George is some of the best television acting I've ever seen. No one can pull off the magic of portraying Larry/George as well as Jason did.

George Costanza = best TV character of all time.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

100% agree. Kramer would be a very close second.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I need to return my pants later. I hope I don't get them dirty.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

What about Elaine? I think she beats Kramer easily!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    What about Elaine? I think she beats Kramer easily!
    Damn this show. The whole cast was great.
  • Options
    I'll tell you what you did wrong, you brought your Queen out too quick. What, ya think she's one of these feminists looking to get out of the house?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
  • Options
    bindy123bindy123 Posts: 210
    SORRY PJ SOUL and others but I have to go with the K Man at number one, closely followed by George, Elaine, and Frank Costanza...

Hows the scene where he is describing driving the bus whilst being attacked...

Jerry: You kept making the stops?
    Kramer: Well they kept ringing the bell...

George: You're Batman
    Kramer: I am Batman

Whos got a fave sub character?
    Mr Peterman
    David Putty
    The Virgin

I gotta go with the Soup Nazi...No SOUP FOR YOU!!!
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
  • Options
    AWWWWWW...so sorry afroannie and others,

I read about ten pages of this thread before posting that last comment, in the hope that I would avoid repeating something already written...if only I had read another few pages...anyway as you can see I have only been a member for a few weeks so I hope I can be excused?

Agree this is one of the top 5 eps of all...George pushing grandma out of the way to escape the burning apartment...then the firie asking him, man,how do you live with yourself...its not easy...(and I again apologise if I have repeated others).

Other eps in the top 5 for me...the contest for sure, the one where Kramer tries to free the pigman, bubbleboy, Georges toupe double...definately still stands as the best show of all time in my opinion
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
  • Options
    It's like those hip musicians with their complicated shoes!
  • Options
    bindy123 wrote:
    SORRY PJ SOUL and others but I have to go with the K Man at number one, closely followed by George, Elaine, and Frank Costanza...

Mr Peterman
    David Putty
    The Virgin

I think David Puddy or Mr. Kreuger are my favorite sub characters.

Mr. Peterman is a great one too... and Bania. "That's gold, Jerry! Gold!"
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    bindy123 wrote:
    AWWWWWW...so sorry afroannie and others,

I read about ten pages of this thread before posting that last comment, in the hope that I would avoid repeating something already written...if only I had read another few pages...anyway as you can see I have only been a member for a few weeks so I hope I can be excused?

Agree this is one of the top 5 eps of all...George pushing grandma out of the way to escape the burning apartment...then the firie asking him, man,how do you live with yourself...its not easy...(and I again apologise if I have repeated others).

Other eps in the top 5 for me...the contest for sure, the one where Kramer tries to free the pigman, bubbleboy, Georges toupe double...definately still stands as the best show of all time in my opinion

No worries! and welcome to the forum! :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    bindy123 wrote:

Mr Peterman
    David Putty
    The Virgin

I think David Puddy or Mr. Kreuger are my favorite sub characters.

Mr. Peterman is a great one too... and Bania. "That's gold, Jerry! Gold!"
    K-UEGER!!!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,774
    Jerry: The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round...

Kramer: The woman across the street has nothing on, nothing on, nothing on....
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    Jerry: The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round...

Kramer: The woman across the street has nothing on, nothing on, nothing on....
    :lol::lol: Kramer creaping on the girl is hilarious. I like how he's "directing" her and telling her to take her shirt(?) off.
  • Options
    CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 571
    Giddy Up!
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    Kramer: "Im at the corner of first and first. Hey how can the same stree intersect with itself??? I must be at the Nexus of the universe!!!"
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    "But I don't wanna be a pirate!"