Options

Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• Options
    whoops with houston :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

I was on houston and Texas tech on saturday night. killed my early bets and gave most of it back saturday night...I also had Arizona, that game made me crap my pants.

my 1:00 bets today sucked ass. cincy covered, but I lost on cleveland, carolina, and tennessee. not sure what I was thinking betting on vince young, seneca wallace, and matt moore. Had houston -2.5 and got the over in the SD game with 30 seconds left to help me out at 4:00. Then had the over in the night game (it was 47). I still can't believe I won that shit. I feel like I need to send the colts 4th string RB a thank you note or some kind of gift.

I love betting on football.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    The Fixer wrote:

I was on houston and Texas tech on saturday night. killed my early bets and gave most of it back saturday night...I also had Arizona, that game made me crap my pants.

my 1:00 bets today sucked ass. cincy covered, but I lost on cleveland, carolina, and tennessee. not sure what I was thinking betting on vince young, seneca wallace, and matt moore. Had houston -2.5 and got the over in the SD game with 30 seconds left to help me out at 4:00. Then had the over in the night game (it was 47). I still can't believe I won that shit. I feel like I need to send the colts 4th string RB a thank you note or some kind of gift.

much better weekend for me. don't knock yourself for riding tennessee though. all vince young does, or at least up until this year, is win and cover the spread. i've been pretty successful betting the titans with him under center over the years.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    your thoughts on a saints/over parlay this evening are much appreciated...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

niners gotta come out better than last week

like the over...although i always like the over :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

niners gotta come out better than last week

like the over...although i always like the over :lol:

I don't really like the game tonight. I will be putting a small bet on the saints. Agree that SF will play better than last week, but I can't go against the Champs after they had 10 days to prepare. And Alex Smith has to show me a reason to not bet against him.

Think I've mentioned it before, but I don't mess with parlays, teasers, or any other exotic bets. Just straight action for this guy...it's hard enough to win one bet, especially on NFL games (straight bet gives you a 50/50 chance). Personally I think betting on college games is a lot easier...and the games are more fun to watch.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

much better weekend for me. don't knock yourself for riding tennessee though. all vince young does, or at least up until this year, is win and cover the spread. i've been pretty successful betting the titans with him under center over the years.

I think vince young blows. he throws like uncle rico
  • Options
    coming into this season:

Vince Young is 27-12 as a starter (25-14 against the spread)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    coming into this season:

I'm sure trent dilfer's numbers as a ravens starter were good too. that doesn't make him a good QB either.

vince young sucks
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    coming into this season:

I'm sure trent dilfer's numbers as a ravens starter were good too. that doesn't make him a good QB either.

vince young sucks

well then why would bet on a team who has a qb you think sucks?

not sure about dilfer. but i'd bet they didn't cover 64% of the time over a 3 year stretch. young's not a great qb by any stretch of the imagination. but the guy wins football games and covers the spread....without having the one of the greatest defenses of alltime. you can't argue with those numbers.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    coming into this season:

vince young sucks

not sure about dilfer. but i'd bet they didn't cover 64% of the time over a 3 year stretch. young's not a great qb by any stretch of the imagination. but the guy wins football games and covers the spread....without having the one of the greatest defenses of alltime. you can't argue with those numbers.

teams can cover without a good qb. see jets yesterday...and steelers...and rams...and lions
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

vince young sucks

teams can cover without a good qb. see jets yesterday...and steelers...and rams...and lions

sanchez had 3 touchdowns and was ontarget all day yesterday bud
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

vince young sucks

64% of the time....a trend that spans multiple years....use this info if you'd like. if not, that is fine too...just trying to help.

go birds.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

the dirty sanchez will be fine. you guys were freaking out way to early on him. he gets his #1 wideout in a couple weeks too....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

he had a good game. he still sucks
  • Options

64% of the time....a trend that spans multiple years....use this info if you'd like. if not, that is fine too...just trying to help.

go birds.

I don't use trends like that. NFL teams are different from year to year. Those kind of facts are useless for gambling purposes.
  • Options

the dirty sanchez will be fine. you guys were freaking out way to early on him. he gets his #1 wideout in a couple weeks too....

IN the hard knocks thread I said the jets were finishing 3rd in their division. miami, NE, jets. the jets offense is like a pee wee team. I think sanchez blows
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

go birds.

I don't use trends like that. NFL teams are different from year to year. Those kind of facts are useless for gambling purposes.

maybe thats why you say you do better in college than the pros. i dunno... :mrgreen:

to each his own. just saying the titans have won this guy a lot fo $ over the last few years.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

go birds.

maybe thats why you say you do better in college than the pros. i dunno... :mrgreen:

to each his own. just saying the titans have won this guy a lot fo $ over the last few years.

college is easier because there are so many more games to pick from. I've done fine in the NFL. paid for most of my honeymoon to hawaii a couple of years ago with gambling money. My system works just fine for me in NFL and college.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

college is easier because there are so many more games to pick from. I've done fine in the NFL. paid for most of my honeymoon to hawaii a couple of years ago with gambling money. My system works just fine for me in NFL and college.

:thumbup:

:lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

truth. you can use the help based on your picks in the first 2 weeks
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

i think you need the saints tonight just to tie me for this week...

and i was laughing because i think this is about the 5th time you've felt the need to reference your honeymoon or something like you have to prove something to us. what year was that anyway?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

and i was laughing because i think this is about the 5th time you've felt the need to reference your honeymoon or something like you have to prove something to us. what year was that anyway?

2009. I'm proud of my gambling successes. I have to admit that I am good at picking games. My system has been money.

Hawaii is awesome.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

2009. I'm proud of my gambling successes. I have to admit that I am good at picking games. My system has been money.

Hawaii is awesome.

you should write a book on your system. :mrgreen:

i thought you were gonna say 2005. i could have paid for 2 honeymoons that year. it was awesome. me and my friends refer to that season as our glory days for betting. it was uncanny
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i thought you were gonna say 2005. i could have paid for 2 honeymoons that year. it was awesome. me and my friends refer to that season as our glory days for betting. it was uncanny

I'm too lazy to write a book. I have read a bunch of books about sports handicapping though. Most people overanalyze the games. My system revolves mostly around the law of averages.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm too lazy to write a book. I have read a bunch of books about sports handicapping though. Most people overanalyze the games. My system revolves mostly around the law of averages.

totally agree with people overanalyzing games.

i like next week's lines.

god bless football :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I think the chances of me winning this saints bet are slim and none. brees' noodle arm can't throw in this wind
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think the chances of me winning this saints bet are slim and none. brees' noodle arm can't throw in this wind

did they miss an extra point or something?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

did they miss an extra point or something?

safety in the first qtr. center snapped the ball 10' over smith's head and he knocked ball out of end zone.

Saints have done absolutely nothing on offense. they're extremely lucky to be in this game
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636
    y-t-d
    17-13
    nutin great

locks=
    mia-4
    tcu-18
    iowa-28
    air force-13
    ala-7
    stanford-4.5