Options

Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    intodeep wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    As a south carolina fan i never touch them unless they are on my work pool.

I will say though I would take Southern Miss to Cover.
    South Carolina always plays like dog shit in the opener. The offense is never ready to roll. Plus we always play UGA the next week and they don't want to show much to UGA. This with the fact that Southern Miss is a good team and won't be intimidated means i'm taking them to cover all the way.

I could see the game being South Carolina 20- 13 or some shit like that.

Thanks...I'm sold. The Golden Eagles it is. D'Andre Brown is a monster...they better throw to him 20 times minimum tonight.

:? Not over yet but 24-3

sorry :(

But fuck i'm happy for my gamecocks :)
    Go Cocks and Jesus Lattimore looks like he is for real

No sweat man. Just a small bet on that game. And I got 14.5, so I'm still within 1 score.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    intodeep wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    As a south carolina fan i never touch them unless they are on my work pool.

I will say though I would take Southern Miss to Cover.
    South Carolina always plays like dog shit in the opener. The offense is never ready to roll. Plus we always play UGA the next week and they don't want to show much to UGA. This with the fact that Southern Miss is a good team and won't be intimidated means i'm taking them to cover all the way.

I could see the game being South Carolina 20- 13 or some shit like that.

Thanks...I'm sold. The Golden Eagles it is. D'Andre Brown is a monster...they better throw to him 20 times minimum tonight.

:? Not over yet but 24-3

sorry :(

But fuck i'm happy for my gamecocks :)
    Go Cocks and Jesus Lattimore looks like he is for real
    41-13 - sometimes it pays to be a homer :D

Lattimore is the real deal! Very impressed with him and the offense overall. We definitely weren't vanilla like usual in the season opener. I'm excited about seeing some runs by Ace Sanders too....that kid can fly.
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Off to Vegas for the Wisconsin UNLV game. Let's go RED!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    i hope you guys didn't throw down on usc last night. no defense at all, but damn that was pretty fun to watch. i hate lane kiffin.

my future bro in law is in vegas....a pitt alum...so of course he threw some dollars the panthers. DOPE!

nfl less than a week away! may god continue to bless this sport. best time of year by far...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    yeah, I stayed away from the SoCal game....with all the shit they had in the offseason, I wasn't sure how well they would play

going forward to this weekend's games I've got:
    UConn +3
    Texas -31
    Missouri -11

just saw on ESPN website that UNC is down 12 players (could go to as many as 15) against LSU.....don't know the spread in that one, but LSU is looking pretty good right now
  • Options
    yeah, I stayed away from the SoCal game....with all the shit they had in the offseason, I wasn't sure how well they would play

going forward to this weekend's games I've got:
    UConn +3
    Texas -31
    Missouri -11

just saw on ESPN website that UNC is down 12 players (could go to as many as 15) against LSU.....don't know the spread in that one, but LSU is looking pretty good right now

The LSU line is up to 7.

I like Missouri a little bit too. Blaine Gabbert is a beast.

I had USC last night. Their defense was atrocious. Hawaii's 3rd string QB was lighting them up.

Game I like most this weekend is Washington.

I keep my bets conservative until the conference games start. That's when my bookie gives away free money
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    InsideMan wrote:
    I'm on Washington as well. I like Ohio State; at least in the first half.

any time Locker is getting points I'm all over it. I also like K-St, LSU, SMU, and Va Tech this weekend.

There aren't many things in life better than betting on football

Not a terrible first weekend. Washington was a tough loss. I actually flipped to boise last night once the line started spinning out of control. VT should have been favored in that game...once they got up to -2 I jumped on boise. Great game and the potato men put me in the black for the weekend.

LSU can lick my balls...thought I had that one in the bag. fuckers
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636
    ytd
    3-3

ml
    0-4
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Any of you guys doing a suicide pool ?

This is my 3rd year

First year made it to week 16 and lost last year made it to week 15

So frustrating getting so close
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636
    ncaa-
    mich+4.5
    g tech -13.5
    ala -11.5
    t tech - 23.5

nfl-
    mia-3
    gb-3
    ind-2
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    ugh i went 8-8 in my pool the winner went 12-4

don't take advise from me anymore lol
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    The Fixer wrote:
    Not a terrible first weekend. Washington was a tough loss. I actually flipped to boise last night once the line started spinning out of control. VT should have been favored in that game...once they got up to -2 I jumped on boise. Great game and the potato men put me in the black for the weekend.

Admit it, you switched to BSU when you found out eyed went there and realized we must all be total badasses. :D
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Admit it, you switched to BSU when you found out eyed went there and realized we must all be total badasses. :D

i was tempted to go with those blueberry giants but held off at the last minute. i wish college had a f'ing playoff.........

see how i censored myself there? :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

nah, man. VT should have been favored in that game. And they ended up being favored.

Boise needs to roll oregon st when they play...they do and they should play in the title game. I'm on your side man...trust me, I'll be laying money on BSU a lot this year. They need style points
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    ugh i went 8-8 in my pool the winner went 12-4

don't take advise from me anymore lol

still early my friend. we will get things going after week 3
  • Options
    NO -5, 48.5. what's everyone like tonight?

I'm on Mississippi State +1.5 in the college game. Might put a small play on Temple -7 as well
  • Options
    saints and over
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    although i got russia + 25 against usa at the moment

not looking good
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

not looking good

haha, you love betting against the US

I'm leaning with saints too...I kinda like the under. I think minnesota will be trying to play keep away from the saints offense and trying to protect favre from getting hit too much. lot of peterson tonight
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

not looking good

I'm leaning with saints too...I kinda like the under. I think minnesota will be trying to play keep away from the saints offense and trying to protect favre from getting hit too much. lot of peterson tonight

the over is not a good play imo.

if i dabble it will be small and on the saints...i have a feeling farve's not 100% into it this year. i think his career ends before january...just a hunch

maybe a saints/under parlary. although i always talk myself into a tease :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

not looking good

usa won by 10 :mrgreen:

i cant help but take 25 -30 points

and i just hate betting under in anything

id rather lose than bet under :lol:
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

not looking good

if i dabble it will be small and on the saints...i have a feeling farve's not 100% into it this year. i think his career ends before january...just a hunch

loving those 3 team teasers eh?
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

not looking good

I agree about favre. I could see minnesota having a disappointing year. Just seems like they are starting out on a bad note with all the crying they're doing about the title game. and they've got some key injuries already.

I only do straight bets. the rest of that stuff diminishes your chances of winning
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

not looking good

betting the under is the worst. you're hoping that the game sucks. not good times
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I agree about favre. I could see minnesota having a disappointing year. Just seems like they are starting out on a bad note with all the crying they're doing about the title game. and they've got some key injuries already.

I only do straight bets. the rest of that stuff diminishes your chances of winning

nothing like a parlay on the monday game to get back into the black though :lol:

yeah i hear you. my friends always bust my stones about my teases. i do okay on them though.

parlays make the game so much more intense though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

betting the under is the worst. you're hoping that the game sucks. not good times

kind of. it can be pretty frustrating. you're just rooting for defense the whole game. i think too many people get caught in going with the over for the reason you mentioned though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

plus you can lose by halftime

at least with the over you always have a chance till the end :lol:
  • Options

kind of. it can be pretty frustrating. you're just rooting for defense the whole game. i think too many people get caught in going with the over for the reason you mentioned though.

yeah, for sure. just like people take favorites more than dogs. personally, I love taking dogs. I will bet the under, but it's not fun.

my bookie went to an online format this year. and he is ending weeks on sunday. both awful
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, for sure. just like people take favorites more than dogs. personally, I love taking dogs. I will bet the under, but it's not fun.

my bookie went to an online format this year. and he is ending weeks on sunday. both awful

i got a few pooches lined up for this weekend.

dude--the online through a local bookie thing is awesome. i loved that my old bookie did that. saves so much time. what site does your's use?

my old bookie is out of the biz. so i will be placing my first bet with a new guy who i have talked to a total of 45 seconds on the phone tomorrow night. not a comfortable feeling. i was with the other guy for like 7 years and knew him personally.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ending weeks on a sunday is borderline ridiculous though. that doesn't make sense.
    chinese-happy.jpg