Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    philly -3 gb
    balt -3 kc
    indy -2.5 nyj
    no -10.5 sea

thoughts?? I don't really like the games. I'm leaning with NO, NYJ, and Philly. KC will be my big play if bowe is in the lineup

I'm on Texas AM and Eastern Washington tonight. Bo Levi Mitchell...get some (wish he stayed at SMU)

looks like bowe's playing tomorrow. i really don't know what i'm gonna do. think i'm leaning towards teasing the underdogs today.

I don't really like either game today. I'm taking the under in NO/Seattle. Either jets or under in game 2. Leaning towards the jets right now.

KC big tomorrow. Ed Reed might not play. I already put that bet in. Bought KC up to 3.5

Pitt was cash earlier today. I've had a great bowl season.

Jeags, did you watch your boy devlin shit the bed last night? Bo Levi Mitchell schooled his ass. In all seriousness, Devlin is not an NFL QB. His arm is pretty damn weak. He's accurate, but he struggles when he has to chuck it down field. Good college player, no chance to succeed on sundays
    the under was a BAD CHOICE. chasing money with over 24 in the 2nd half. As I was submitting this bet my conscience was screaming at me not to do it.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,932
    Fixer, I think Reed is playing tomorrow. They said he caught a flight to KC to join the team.
    Fixer, I think Reed is playing tomorrow. They said he caught a flight to KC to join the team.

That's OK. I think KC wins anyway. My bet is already in, so there's nothing I can do.

I'm betting against joe flacco on the road more than anything else.

Eagles line down to 2.5...most money must be coming in on GB
    The Fixer wrote:
    the under was a BAD CHOICE. chasing money with over 24 in the 2nd half. As I was submitting this bet my conscience was screaming at me not to do it.

In my best joe namath voice...'marshawn lynch, I want to kiss you'

yep, I went with my nemesis mark sanchez again. I'm like charlie brown going to kick the football...I fall for this shit every time. the colts are a lock tonight, I never win when I take the jets
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

In my best joe namath voice...'marshawn lynch, I want to kiss you'

yep, I went with my nemesis mark sanchez again. I'm like charlie brown going to kick the football...I fall for this shit every time. the colts are a lock tonight, I never win when I take the jets

my tease is looking pretty, pretty good. got the jets at +8.5 ;)
    www.myspace.com
    broke even on first game thanks to lynch's disgusting run getting me the 2nd half over. jets +2 also a winner...as was jets +.5 in 2nd half, making it a good day.

Locked in on KC +3.5 and Philly -2 tomorrow.

Betting on football is the best
    The Fixer wrote:
    broke even on first game thanks to lynch's disgusting run getting me the 2nd half over. jets +2 also a winner...as was jets +.5 in 2nd half, making it a good day.

didn't you say pack 37-30?
    www.myspace.com
    teaser...
    chiefs +9.5
    birds/pack over 40

good luck to all and...GO BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

didn't you say pack 37-30?

yes, but I bet the eagles. I'm an idiot.

the fixer lost his shirt today. Have nevada -7 BIIIIGGGGGGGGGGG tonight.

come on colin kapernik...hook a brotha up
    Line on tonight's game has plummeted. Not sure why.

I'm on Auburn minus the half point. Hopefully the criminals can bring home a win
    Pitt -3.5 Balt - 37
    Atl -2.5 GB - 44
    Chic -9.5 Sea - 41
    NE -8 NYJ - 45

Thoughts?? I miss college football already
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    Both Pitt/Balt games have been 3 pointers this year, so I guess taking 3.5 would make sense. Also sure seems like an under style game, even at 37.

I don't trust Veal Cutler, so I like Seattle getting 10 (its 10 on my site).

Atl/GB I have no clue, and my head tells me the Jets plus more than a TD is a good play, but as a Pats fan I don't think I can make that play, so I might just watch that game.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    Both Pitt/Balt games have been 3 pointers this year, so I guess taking 3.5 would make sense. Also sure seems like an under style game, even at 37.

Atl/GB I have no clue, and my head tells me the Jets plus more than a TD is a good play, but as a Pats fan I don't think I can make that play, so I might just watch that game.

i agree with all of this. however at first glance that pats line looks weird. i have a feeling they win that game by 2 touch downs. i really want to see belichek drop the hammer on them again.

edit--i'm mailing your cash at lunch today dude. so sorry for the delay. i'm the laziest person in the word.
    www.myspace.com
    Poncier wrote:

i agree with all of this. however at first glance that pats line looks weird. i have a feeling they win that game by 2 touch downs. i really want to see belichek drop the hammer on them again.

edit--i'm mailing your cash at lunch today dude. so sorry for the delay. i'm the laziest person in the word.

Poncier, let me know if you got my payment. I sent it last week.

I think pittsburgh crushes baltimore...mainly because I think joe flacco stinks. something like 27-10.

I hate the seattle/chicago game. I would lean towards the points, but when it's 17-0 at half that's the kind of game you're kicking yourself for taking such a terrible seattle team. But I don't like the bears laying 10 either.

I think that pats/jets game goes over. That is my top play as of right now. Not feeling the games this weekend at all.

GB/ATL, flip a coin. That is the game of the weekend in my opinion. Of course my wife is dragging me to some family dinner event saturday night. ugghhh
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    The Fixer wrote:

Poncier, let me know if you got my payment. I sent it last week.
    Jeags/Juggs: no worries.
    Fixer: yours came in today's mail...thanks.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Pittsburgh -3 in game 1. I expect Joe Flacco to once again be the player of the game for the steelers.

Atlanta line is down to 1. I kinda like GB in that one, should have jumped on the 3 earlier in the week. Now I'm on the fence. EVERYONE likes GB
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    edited January 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    Pittsburgh -3 in game 1. I expect Joe Flacco to once again be the player of the game for the steelers.

Atlanta line is down to 1. I kinda like GB in that one, should have jumped on the 3 earlier in the week. Now I'm on the fence. EVERYONE likes GB

I took the Ravens at +3.

The whole world seems to love GB. Have people forgotten that Ryan has only lost twice in that dome in 3 years?? I'm loving the Falcons at -1.
    Post edited by Indifference71 on
    The Fixer wrote:

I took the Ravens at +3.

The whole world seems to love GB. Have people forgotten that Ryan has only lost twice in that dome in 3 years?? I'm loving the Falcons at +1.

ravens and over in a tease.

not sure about tonight's game. might play the over. that's just gonna be fun to watch regardless if i dabble on it...
    www.myspace.com
    i could not be more pleased thus far. :clap:
    www.myspace.com
  • i could not be more pleased thus far. :clap:

Not anymore. What a terrible fucking fumble there by Rice. Steelers are right back in this game.
    i could not be more pleased thus far. :clap:

Not anymore. What a terrible fucking fumble there by Rice. Steelers are right back in this game.

i teased it ;)

quite a day for me thus far:
    had nova -4...win.
    won the ravens/over tease.
    currently have the pack and the over in a parlay. don't wanna jinx myself but i think i've had this won since the 2nd quarter.

winning money is fun.
    www.myspace.com
    gotta love when it only takes one team to hit the over for you... :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    went for those crafty st mary's gales in the middle of the night to put a ribbon on my banner day. 4-4. best day in weeks.

i like the squawks and the over in the pats game today. might tease 'em.

good luck to you all.

i love this weekend!
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I took the Ravens at +3.

The whole world seems to love GB. Have people forgotten that Ryan has only lost twice in that dome in 3 years?? I'm loving the Falcons at -1.

ouch
    2 for 2 yesterday. Aaron Rodgers is a beast.

took seattle in the early game. awful choice. Went bigger on chicago -3.5 in 2nd half.

I LOVE the over in the 2nd game.
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    teased the the Seahawks gettin 16 :evil:
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    booomm11 wrote:

teasers and parlays are a waste of money.

that TD hooked me up big time. now I'm hoping there aren't any garbage TDs
    The Fixer wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

teasers and parlays won this guy some decent change yesterday.... :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

teasers and parlays won this guy some decent change yesterday.... :mrgreen:

they are sucker bets. you should read a book called 'beat the sports books' by dan gordon

could have done without that seattle TD. bastards