Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    the over in a cowboys game this year is money in the bank. nice way to start off the weekend last night.

big play on the ravens...won with detroit and washington. lost on jets. overall looking good heading into the 4's.

like the bucs in the 2nd half of a tease, and got 'em -3.5 straight up...tease with the pack/over in the texans game....

hope everyone else is winning money today too.
    www.myspace.com
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    Had over Jets/Bears, been a while since having such an easy win, no drama halfway thru 2nd. Also had the Rams.
    4pm took under 44 Bengals/SD and over 43.5 GB/NYG.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    over in the cowboys game....WIN
    jets...LOSE
    ravens...WIN
    lions/bucs tease...WIN
    over-texans game/packers tease...WIN
    bucs -3.5...WIN
    2nd half colts-over/2nd half chargers over parlay...WIN

winwinwinwinwinbeersbeersbeersbeersbeers
    that's how it's done. after last week, i really needed this. best week in a couple months. BOOM.

go saints tomorrow night. hey oh

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Poncier wrote:
    Had over Jets/Bears, been a while since having such an easy win, no drama halfway thru 2nd. Also had the Rams.
    4pm took under 44 Bengals/SD and over 43.5 GB/NYG.

ha, I had the under in the bears game. I sucked ass yesterday. Chased my money with a big play on FIU -1.5 last night. That game was crazy.

I like the saints a little bit tonight
    nice win on the saints last night. then Golden State in the nightcap.

I'm on NC ST and Missouri today. I don't really like the NFL game at all tonight. Tiny play on the Eagles
    The Fixer wrote:
    nice win on the saints last night. then Golden State in the nightcap.

I'm on NC ST and Missouri today. I don't really like the NFL game at all tonight. Tiny play on the Eagles

had the saints last night too. might go smallish on the birds tonight...still can't believe there's a game tonight.
    www.myspace.com
    Tuesday night football...I smell a new TV bonanza for the NFL.

I kinda like Mizzou laying 2.5 to Iowa in the Insight Bowl.
    Poncier wrote:

yeah, I like both of the bowl games tonight a lot. mizzou and nc st
    Poncier wrote:

Who was calling plays for Mizzou...John Harbaugh?
    1st and 10 at the Iowa 29, leading by 4, 5:54 left, yeah lets throw.
    That one hurt.
    Poncier wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

Who was calling plays for Mizzou...John Harbaugh?
    1st and 10 at the Iowa 29, leading by 4, 5:54 left, yeah lets throw.
    That one hurt.

I thought he was gonna throw the ball away. fuckin blaine gabbert. brutal loss. I would have been up big last night after winning on NC ST too. Oh well, onto the next round of games...today's picks

Maryland/ECU OVER
    baylor/illinois OVER
    Ok st to beat arizona (kind of like the over here too)

don't like any of these games as much as the two from yesterday. i'll have medium plays on all 3
    2-1 yesterday. Lost on SMU earlier today...didn't play the cuse/k st game. Tonight i'm on the UNC/TEnn over and washington. I have a serious man crush on jake locker...I think he plays well tonight.

I also have temple plus the points vs nova in college hoops.

I love bowl week...one of my favorite weeks of the year
    Lost track of time at work and missed out on playing SMU, I would have been on them as well...but did play under in K ST/Syracuse...boy the slick field didn't do as I had hoped.
    Like the over tonight in the Holiday Bowl...not so much because of Nebraska or Washington...just because the Holiday Bowl historically ends up a high scoring affair.
    Poncier wrote:
    Lost track of time at work and missed out on playing SMU, I would have been on them as well...but did play under in K ST/Syracuse...boy the slick field didn't do as I had hoped.
    Like the over tonight in the Holiday Bowl...not so much because of Nebraska or Washington...just because the Holiday Bowl historically ends up a high scoring affair.

that's pretty funny...I forgot the cuse/k st game was coming on and I was gonna take the under as well.

good luck tonight...hopefully locker puts up some points for both of us
    Wow...epic fail Carolina...sorry Fixer, I know you were looking for OT.
    Poncier wrote:
    Guess I left the TV too soon, silly me believing the ref when he said "the game is over."
    Fixer, that is one lucky win on the over...nice work.
    Poncier wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    Guess I left the TV too soon, silly me believing the ref when he said "the game is over."
    Fixer, that is one lucky win on the over...nice work.

Insane win...have to admit that this was my smallest play of the day though. I hated that game...was either over or tennessee. whew

good day. lost smu -- killed on unc/tenn over, washington (love locker), temple hoops...thankfully forgot the cuse/k st under.

can't wait for tomorrow...I love betting on football. especially college. I'm drunk, I'll post my college plays before games tomorrow
    south florida (really small)
    notre dame (play of the day)
    georgia
    florida st (if ponder is playing...if he's out I'm on scar)

good luck and happy new year. hopefully 2011 is another winning year
    Got wishy washy and teased South Fl with ND, should have just jumped the Bulls straight.
    Had Kentucky over L'Ville to start the day.
    Like UGA, not sure tonight on FSU/S Car...probably the Spurrier factor would lean me towards SCar.
    Miami looked disinterested in playing D on the opening drive.
    Poncier wrote:

I LOVED ND yesterday. Had them BIGGG. Good day for me, going 3-1.

Today is one of the best days of the year...I might shed a tear before I go to bed tonight because I hate the end of college football season. I feel like I'm getting laid off from a job.

Anyway, today's winners

NW/TT OVER
    PSU (I hate Penn St, but I think they win outright today...I got them plus 8 when I heard the meyer news a month ago...this is my game of the day. going huge on them)
    bama (mich st is not a good team)
    miss st (mich is a very bad team)
    tcu (see a trend here??? the big ten stinks)
    uconn
    The Fixer wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

Today is one of the best days of the year...I might shed a tear before I go to bed tonight because I hate the end of college football season. I feel like I'm getting laid off from a job.

Anyway, today's winners

NW/TT OVER
    PSU (I hate Penn St, but I think they win outright today...I got them plus 8 when I heard the meyer news a month ago...this is my game of the day. going huge on them)
    uconn

got a little play on psu today too. got it at 7.5...good luck
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

Anyway, today's winners

NW/TT OVER
    uconn

absolutely brutal loss. That QB performance by mcgloin may have been the worst I have ever seen. It was up there with delhomme in the playoffs vs arizona two years ago. fucking horrible

let's go frogs
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Anyway, today's winners

NW/TT OVER
    uconn

absolutely brutal loss. That QB performance by mcgloin may have been the worst I have ever seen. It was up there with delhomme in the playoffs vs arizona two years ago. fucking horrible

let's go frogs

oh my god. i didn't realize he finished with 5 picks. i turned it off after that brutal 4th one for the pick 6 that iced it. wow.

wonder what pat devlin was thinking watching that game :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    teasing the steelers and bucs today. like the rams tonight too.

always tread lightly on the last day of the season though...can't wait for wild card weekend
    www.myspace.com
    teasing the steelers and bucs today. like the rams tonight too.

always tread lightly on the last day of the season though...can't wait for wild card weekend

I loaded up on favorites today. I usually don't like this strategy, but there are quite a few teams that need wins going into the playoffs.

Atlanta and baltimore are my big plays. Also have pitt, buff, kc, and detroit at 1:00.

good luck...hopefully we can end what has been a great year on a positive note (need some redemption after the PSU and TCU games yesterday...had tcu -2.5. both losses were rough)
    blah day today. giants fucked me hard. down a little bit...going double or nothing on the under tonight
    philly -3 gb
    balt -3 kc
    indy -2.5 nyj
    no -10.5 sea

thoughts?? I don't really like the games. I'm leaning with NO, NYJ, and Philly. KC will be my big play if bowe is in the lineup

I'm on Texas AM and Eastern Washington tonight. Bo Levi Mitchell...get some (wish he stayed at SMU)
    The Fixer wrote:
    philly -3 gb
    balt -3 kc
    indy -2.5 nyj
    no -10.5 sea

thoughts?? I don't really like the games. I'm leaning with NO, NYJ, and Philly. KC will be my big play if bowe is in the lineup

I'm on Texas AM and Eastern Washington tonight. Bo Levi Mitchell...get some (wish he stayed at SMU)

is bowe playing? i haven't been able to follow things as closely as i would like this week. i think i'm with you on all those games except the jets. considering your record with sanchez, i'll just go the other way :lol:

definitely gotta by the hook in that chiefs game. i think a lot of people are gonna lose money on the ravens, if bowe plays...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    philly -3 gb
    balt -3 kc
    indy -2.5 nyj
    no -10.5 sea

is bowe playing? i haven't been able to follow things as closely as i would like this week. i think i'm with you on all those games except the jets. considering your record with sanchez, i'll just go the other way :lol:

definitely gotta by the hook in that chiefs game. i think a lot of people are gonna lose money on the ravens, if bowe plays...

I saw that bowe is questionable. I will definitely be buying the half point if I end up banging KC

that sanchez line was good...haha. I was looking forward to betting against the colts and jets. I think both teams suck...blows that they are playing each other. I hate that game most of all. Maybe I'll play the total
    The Fixer wrote:
    philly -3 gb
    balt -3 kc
    indy -2.5 nyj
    no -10.5 sea

looks like bowe's playing tomorrow. i really don't know what i'm gonna do. think i'm leaning towards teasing the underdogs today.
    www.myspace.com