Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,406
    The Fixer wrote:
    Ok, I;m on my own.

Let's go ladies. score 3 or 4 today. make it happen

congrats on the big win. one of the hundreds of the wife's cousins i was on vaca with played with one of those broads on some team. i got in a little trouble a few days ago when making fun of all the scoring that doesn't happen in soccer. shocked to see they managed 3 goals today. CONGRATS! YEAH!!
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    Ok, I;m on my own.

Let's go ladies. score 3 or 4 today. make it happen

congrats on the big win. one of the hundreds of the wife's cousins i was on vaca with played with one of those broads on some team. i got in a little trouble a few days ago when making fun of all the scoring that doesn't happen in soccer. shocked to see they managed 3 goals today. CONGRATS! YEAH!!

I actually pushed, but thanks.

Soccer has grown on me. I will take a world cup game over the nba every time. No commercials is great and the games are quick...only an hour and a half.
    Leaning with the favorite tonight. Every time he comes up I think he is going yard.

ADRIAN GONZALEZ +550
    77504 DAVID ORTIZ +335
    77505 JOSE BAUTISTA +160
    77506 MATT HOLLIDAY +325
    77507 MATT KEMP +700
    77508 PRINCE FIELDER +325
    77509 RICKIE WEEKS +1200
    77510 ROBINSON CANO +925
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    The Fixer wrote:
    Leaning with the favorite tonight. Every time he comes up I think he is going yard.

ADRIAN GONZALEZ +550
    77504 DAVID ORTIZ +335
    77505 JOSE BAUTISTA +160
    77506 MATT HOLLIDAY +325
    77507 MATT KEMP +700
    77509 RICKIE WEEKS +1200
    77510 ROBINSON CANO +925

I like Prince Fielder. I feel like the obvious guy like Bautista never ends up winning it. Like when Josh Hamilton went nuts in 09 at yankee stadium....people always forget that he didn't even end up winning...
    The Fixer wrote:

ADRIAN GONZALEZ +550
    77504 DAVID ORTIZ +335
    77505 JOSE BAUTISTA +160
    77506 MATT HOLLIDAY +325
    77507 MATT KEMP +700
    77509 RICKIE WEEKS +1200
    77510 ROBINSON CANO +925

I like Prince Fielder. I feel like the obvious guy like Bautista never ends up winning it. Like when Josh Hamilton went nuts in 09 at yankee stadium....people always forget that he didn't even end up winning...

true. I don't like ortiz or fielder. who knows if those fat asses will have enough stamina.

I think kemp is a sleeper. I think I'm throwing small bets on bautista and kemp. gotta have money on this thing...it's the only way I'll be able to tolerate chris berman for 3 hours
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

ADRIAN GONZALEZ +550
    77504 DAVID ORTIZ +335
    77505 JOSE BAUTISTA +160
    77506 MATT HOLLIDAY +325
    77507 MATT KEMP +700
    77509 RICKIE WEEKS +1200
    77510 ROBINSON CANO +925

true. I don't like ortiz or fielder. who knows if those fat asses will have enough stamina.

I think kemp is a sleeper. I think I'm throwing small bets on bautista and kemp. gotta have money on this thing...it's the only way I'll be able to tolerate chris berman for 3 hours
    Fielder and Ortiz are the last two winners though so there goes that theory haha...Still I like your thinking with Kemp, or maybe Cano. Most times the winner is a lanky dude that does have stamina.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    Something is making me think Holliday...just a hunch.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    RW81233 wrote:
    Fielder and Ortiz are the last two winners though so there goes that theory haha.

haha. that goes to show how much I usually pay attention to this thing
    how anyone can actually watch it for 3 hours is beyond me. if a brewer is in it i'll watch him take his round(s), and maybe some big bopper who's coming in hot, but the whole thing is absurd.
    RW81233 wrote:
    how anyone can actually watch it for 3 hours is beyond me. if a brewer is in it i'll watch him take his round(s), and maybe some big bopper who's coming in hot, but the whole thing is absurd.

I agree. Especially when chris berman is prominently involved
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RW81233 wrote:

it's nothing more than a bigger penis display....or a slave display...your choice.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

it's nothing more than a bigger penis display....or a slave display...your choice.

:lol:
    ha!...actually most high profile sporting events could be framed as either/or no?
    give me gonzalez
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    ok let me get this straight:
    Indifference - Prince
    Fixer - Kemp/Bautista
    RW - Kemp/Cano
    Poncier - Holliday
    81 - Gonzo

Who's got the field of Weeks (who get hit in the head yesterday) and Ortiz (who my friend who loves the sox suggests "has been pounding out singles like nobody's business that last few weeks")?
    RW81233 wrote:
    ok let me get this straight:
    Indifference - Prince
    Fixer - Kemp/Bautista
    RW - Kemp/Cano
    Poncier - Holliday
    81 - Gonzo

Who's got the field of Weeks (who get hit in the head yesterday) and Ortiz (who my friend who loves the sox suggests "has been pounding out singles like nobody's business that last few weeks")?

sounds right to me.

just put my small bets in. odds changed a bit.

put $25 each on bautista at +110 and kemp at +850

let's go mr kemp
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    Did I say Holliday??
    I meant Roy Halladay...he could hit more than Matt Holliday.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    Did I say Holliday??

the bautista choice is looking like shit as well.

let's go kemp
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    The Fixer wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    Did I say Holliday??

let's go kemp

Oops.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    Did I say Holliday??

let's go kemp

Oops.

50 bucks not well spent. Oh well. Hopefully the US Womens soccer team keeps banking me money
    The Fixer wrote:
    50 bucks not well spent. Oh well. Hopefully the US Womens soccer team keeps banking me money

haha, first time betting on womens sports?

That game the other day was pretty incredible.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, pretty much.

Alex Morgan is smoking hot and their coach looks exactly like pete carroll
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, pretty much.

Alex Morgan is smoking hot and their coach looks exactly like pete carroll

haha, yeah, I read you say that somewhere else earlier and saw her a few hours last on TV. That is pretty hilarious.

That Morgan chick is, there are a few others that are alright too.
    First of all, i want to thank my gatoraide crew for giving me a good bat...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    ladies and gentleman next year AL Home Run Derby team...Gonzalez, Fielder, Cano, and Ortiz
    That would have been $220 return on a $25 bet? I wish I hadn't gone into temporary retirement after Game 2 of the NBA Finals.
    RW81233 wrote:
    That would have been $220 return on a $25 bet? I wish I hadn't gone into temporary retirement after Game 2 of the NBA Finals.

Yes, it would have. Then Kemp proceeded to hit 1 home run.

As soon as kemp hit I couldn't wait to change the channel. What a horrible event to try and sit through. I switched to EB and Down re-runs and the Hangover.
    NL is a slight favorite tonight -118; +108...total is 8.

hmmmm
    i can't keep the rosters straight. 84 total all stars? that's 11% of major league rosters.

if players would play more than a few innings i'd take the AL lineup...since they won't.

i like the NL's pitching and bench more. Halladay and Lee to take care of the first 4 innings, followed with Timmy for the 5th and 6th, than somebody for the 7th before Hanrahan takes the 8th and wilson gets the save.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i can't keep the rosters straight. 84 total all stars? that's 11% of major league rosters.

if players would play more than a few innings i'd take the AL lineup...since they won't.

i like the NL's pitching and bench more. Halladay and Lee to take care of the first 4 innings, followed with Timmy for the 5th and 6th, than somebody for the 7th before Hanrahan takes the 8th and wilson gets the save.

I'm leaning with the total. I think the AL wins and I don't want to root for them. I'm leaning towards under
    wanna parlay AL and under now?