Options

~ Ask Jeff Ament about Tone here ~

12346»

Comments

• Options
    What's up Jeff. I was wondering how you record your initial ideas. Do you carry like a potable recorder or do you only write and record in a studio? Also, do you come up with songs with just the bass or do you use other instruments as well. Thanks!
    10/5/04 St. Louis
    5/3/10 Kansas City
    5/4/10 St. Louis
    8/28/10 Little Rock - EV solo w/ guests
  • Options
    Since 91Since 91 Posts: 57
    Congrats, Jeff!

What happened to all the crazy hats? It's been a long time since you've rocked one. (Or at least since I've seen you wear one.) Do you still have a collection, or are they history?

More seriously:

Was it freeing to have control over every facet of a song, of an entire album? Or intimidating?
  • Options
    Alive_268Alive_268 Posts: 213
    Hi Jeff, we were told that you have been recording Tone for 12 years. If so, do you think that it can be considered a compiliation of solo songs you've recorded for 12 yeras rather than a regular studio album?

Please come back to South America, you have a lot of fans here in Uruguay too!
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    What has been the biggest challenge for you in regards to breaking away from your Pearl Jam image for this album? Is there any pressure to create a different sound, feeling or vibe?
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    "Was this solo project done with occasional wearing of a funky hat?"
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    emptyshellemptyshell Posts: 3
    edited May 2011
    i
    Post edited by emptyshell on
  • Options
    Just how AWESOME are you?
    '00: 8/23,24,25; 9/1,2; MSG Ed 10/30.
    '03: 4/30; 6/28; 7/2,3,5,6,8,9,14;
    '04: 5/14: Ed, CCFA, Shwbx.
    '05: 3/18; 5/25 Ed w/ rck schl kds; 9/1,2;
    '06: 7/16,18,22,23.
    '08: 4/7
  • Options
    How many songs were conceived at the skate park?
    ########################
    Celebration, the ball's in play
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    Jeff, why didn't you tell us about his earlier???
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    have you ever come up with an idea when working on a solo project that you thought....wait a minute this is too badass to keep for myself, I better save this for the next Pearl Jam record?
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    I've got a couple of questions, i hope that one of them is worthy enough of being answered by the man himself!

- Did you find being answerable to yourself in the recording process better or worse than collaborating with others, in terms of desicions regarding songs?
    - Did any of the earlier songs you recorded get changed as you listened back to them more recently?
    - How do you find that your songwriting has matured over the years?
    - Any plans to record another album by yourself?
    - Has recording and releasing you own music changed how will approach future Pearl Jam albums?
    - Did you have a central studio that was used to record, or did recording take place at different studios.

That's all. Thanks for coming "Down Under" in '06 and i hope to see you again, Jeff banner in tow, next year.
    1998 - 11/3 (SYD2)
    2003 - 11/2 (SYD1), 13/2 (SYD2), 14/2 (SYD3), 8/7 (MSG1), 9/7 (MSG2), 11/7 (BOS3)
    2006 - 7/11 (SYD1), 8/11 (SYD2), 10/11 (BRIS1), 18/11 (SYD3)
    2009 - 20/11 (MEL), 22/11 (SYD)
    2011 - 18/3 (EVSYD1), 19/3 (EVSYD2), 24/3 (EVMEL1), 25/3 (EVMEL2)
    2014 - 26/1 (BDOSYD)
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    do you collect art?
    what is your favorite piece of art?
    have you ever thought of making a book of all your photographs?
    what bands are you listening to right now?
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Hey Jeff! What are the different vibes and feelings coming through when making a solo record compared to making a record with Pearl Jam?

Also, will the instruments on the album be the traditional guitar, bass, and drums or will you be using other instruments too?

And will the twelve string be making an appearance? :p

-George.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Lizardking wrote:
    Will you release CD in South? Or are you going to make them suffer?

You don't have internet shopping down there?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    OK Jeff, one more.

I am not familiar with the other guys on the CD. Can you give me a short introduction to who they are?

Sue
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,641
    Hi Jeff,

While alot of your fans have an idea of who you are musically, from your contributions to Pearl Jam & 3 Fish, what do you hope this record will express about you as an individual artist?
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    Jeff,

Any rockers on this bad boy?

A sincere thank you for the past 17+ years of inspirational art.

Hey, stop beating up midgets and taking their pants.

Peace
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.