Options

HBO: Boardwalk Empire

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    finally caught up. i thought the first few episodes were slow. this show always builds up to the ending. this season they seemed slower than usual though. none the less, i've ended up loving this season like i have the first three.

i kind of thought daughter tipped off narcisse about where they are. it seemed a little too convenient that she left the same night narcisse's men came looking for them. was it one of the uncle's guys who ratted them out? :?

yeah i have a feeling knox gets killed off. once nucky knows why eli was in that position, i think they find a way to kill him. seems like hoover doesn't really care about knox too much anyway.

sucks there is only one episode left. i enjoy the season long build...but it also seems like the ending happens so abruptly. this week's episode deserves to be at least an hour and a half with all the loose ends they're going to tie up...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Why would Daughter take that abuse just to back to Narcisse unless that's her thing? Maybe she's never felt that way for anyone else other than Narcisse.

How come Chalky hasn't had any Honey Nut for breakfast on this show? :lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    edited November 2013
    Finale preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiz9NykQCao

Looks to be Chalky comes all cowboyed-up & guns blazing looking for Nucky.
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Finale preview

Kinda a slow episode this past week, but set up things well for the finale. Should be a lot of action.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Finale preview

Watching after the episode, I've paused it a couple times at 0:32, I'm going to guess that Nucky takes care of Eli himself????

The Al and Torrio tension, history should tell that it won't lead to anything, but it'll be interesting to see if Al finally takes over.

Chalky is a fun guy to have in the show, and I'm hoping his character makes it through for another season.

Can't wait for the new episode!!!
    Alburquerque-2000, Kansas City-2003, Denver-2006, Honululu-2006, Kansas City-2010, St. Louis-2010, Oklahoma City-2013, Lincoln-2014, Wrigley #1-2016, Wrigley #2-2016
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    finally caught up. i thought the first few episodes were slow. this show always builds up to the ending. this season they seemed slower than usual though. none the less, i've ended up loving this season like i have the first three.

i kind of thought daughter tipped off narcisse about where they are. it seemed a little too convenient that she left the same night narcisse's men came looking for them. was it one of the uncle's guys who ratted them out? :?

yeah i have a feeling knox gets killed off. once nucky knows why eli was in that position, i think they find a way to kill him. seems like hoover doesn't really care about knox too much anyway.

sucks there is only one episode left. i enjoy the season long build...but it also seems like the ending happens so abruptly. this week's episode deserves to be at least an hour and a half with all the loose ends they're going to tie up...

yeah I think daughter left and tipped off narcisse too. she's accustomed to being in the spotlight... so running away with chalky and hiding out in the boonies wasn't for her. she didn't go back because she likes his abuse...altho he's sinister and evil, with him she knows what to expect. vs. facing an uncertain future on-the-run with chalky

might just be a matter of who will be the one that knocks off knox :P

they've pulled guns on each other before (season 2?) so I don't think nucky will shoot eli this time either

the last episode looks like it's gonna be exciting! on a show this good it does really suck when a season comes to abrupt end. it'd be nice if they tied up all the loose ends... just wonder by which ends they'll leave us hanging? :?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    was it Daughter? i thought it was the guy that left in the middle of the chess game and asked Chalky to replace him..
    Oscar later told Chalky that guy didn't go do whatever he said he was going to do in town, which means he actually went to tell Narcisse where Chalky is..
  • Options
    Yarden wrote:
    was it Daughter? i thought it was the guy that left in the middle of the chess game and asked Chalky to replace him..
    Oscar later told Chalky that guy didn't go do whatever he said he was going to do in town, which means he actually went to tell Narcisse where Chalky is..

good point,
    but how 'convenient' and coincidental was Daughters timing?

we shall see Sunday.
    Gonna be a long wait till season 5.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Tonight!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Tonight!
    Pats/Broncos on tonight. Gonna be tough to pass on that matchup.
  • Options
    Holy Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harrow!!!!!!!

Torrio gets fn shot 5 times and lives...Harrow, 1 time!!!!!!

No!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    First Jimmy and now Harrow.

Decent episode for a season finale.
  • Options
    this show has a lot of balls. harrow was such a great fucking character. the way they handled it at the end was so well done.

looking forward to seeing van alden's character sort of come full circle next year. next year---god damn it. why can't these shows be twice as long?? :x
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    al capone has officially taken over the chicago syndicate. cant wait till next year!
  • Options
    Loved how they showed Harrow 'going out". Got to see his normal face and the dream of his perfect, happy life.
  • Options
    this show has a lot of balls. harrow was such a great fucking character. the way they handled it at the end was so well done.

looking forward to seeing van alden's character sort of come full circle next year. next year---god damn it. why can't these shows be twice as long?? :x
    A two hour finale would have been awesome
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    man, i hated to see harrow go.

as soon as he missed narcisse i knew he was not gonna make it out of the episode alive.

i'm kinda bummed out knowing that the whole jimmy, harrow storyline has ended.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    I agree- so very well done. Thats where he started this season, and where he ended it.
    Brilliant writing.
    Especially how each storyline was based in "Father" roled relationships.

Terence Winter said something about they made it a point to avoid
    not killing a character because we like the actor playing them ,
    otherewise we would never kill anyone off.

Now that Knox is gone, Hoover has stepped right into the situation,
    and he is not alligned with the side I wanted him to.

Next season is going to be great, I hope not the final season.
    If its 1924, theres still a good 9 years till prohibition is ended.

http://www.hbo.com/#/boardwalk-empire/e ... IAWCcXOA==
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    tumblr_mwt6ysP9Mt1qzsuffo10_500.png
    rip.gif
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    rip.gif
    I was arguing with a friend of mine that he was dead and she seems to think he's still alive and someone will find him. I told her she was nuts.
  • Options
    Yeah, someone will find him alright...but not alive.
  • Options
    for a minute i thought he was still alive. but then i rewatched that last sequence and it seemed like the perfect way to exit the series. he found happiness in death, or he died happy, either one.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Harrow is dead, people.
    Nucky also wouldve shot Eli had Will not walked in.
    Even Terence Winter said so .

http://www.hbo.com/#/boardwalk-empire/e ... LFAFv-Fzg=
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    yeah nucky is pretty hard core. i thought eli was a goner for sure. "it is what you DESERVE..." i cringed when he said that.

• Options
    So, Now Eli is in Chicago with Capone and Van Alden.

Eli's son now has the #2 to Nucky?

Gillian is in jail.

Margaret is in a swanky apt under Rothsteins watch.

Dr. Narcisse under FBI supervision from Hoover himself.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    What a fantastic season and finale. Lost alot of great characters this year, but they needed to thin the herd. Hated to see Harrow and Eddie go. Torio was a solid charatcter too. And how bout Eli with the friggin' saw to the shoulder of Knox? Goddamn could that fight scene have been any more brutal?
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Harrow is dead, people.
    Nucky also wouldve shot Eli had Will not walked in.
    Even Terence Winter said so .

http://www.hbo.com/#/boardwalk-empire/e ... LFAFv-Fzg=
    THANK YOU!!!! I just sent that to my friend to rub it in her face. :lol:
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Love that Michael K Williams now has 2...TWO!...TV characters who will be forever known on a first name basis.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    rip.gif

:(

Ughh... it killed me to see Harrow die. He finally had what he wanted in his life and he was killed doing something he had no wish to do any more. These creators must be reading Shakespeare or something. As many of you have said, it's gonna be so hard waiting another 10 months for the next episode! Such a great show. They keep killing off great characters and creating new great ones. It's really amazing. I thought for sure Nucky would kill his brother. What a shocker that he made it out alive. No more Gillian, Jimmy, or Richard yet I know the show will only get better.
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    Love that Michael K Williams now has 2...TWO!...TV characters who will be forever known on a first name basis.

that is one uppity shine.
    chinese-happy.jpg