Options

HBO: Boardwalk Empire

Comments

• Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440

prism said:

a lil surprising that this one hasn't been posted yet...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDRcAWjyUYM

less than 3 weeks left until the season premiere...gettin fired up! :)

prism said:

awesome!!!
    blond showgirls bending over...no wonder dimi posted this twice ;)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    prism said:

prism said:

prism said:

awesome!!!
    blond showgirls bending over...no wonder dimi posted this twice ;)

no clue what u talking about
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    another trailer before the season premiere tonight...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMu1frFnNzU

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    and here's a clip from tonight's premiere....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbvAd43Ex0g
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    The Rockaway set played a big role in the season opener.
    Pretty cool that I stood and walked all along that !

I loved the scene when Luciano got " made " ,
    after he whacked Joe Masseria in Coney Island..
    " What took you guys so long ? "
    Turns out the Belt Parkway was backed up in traffic even back in 1931.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

The Rockaway set played a big role in the season opener.
    Pretty cool that I stood and walked all along that !

I loved the scene when Luciano got " made " ,
    after he whacked Joe Masseria in Coney Island..
    " What took you guys so long ? "
    Turns out the Belt Parkway was backed up in traffic even back in 1931.

why would meyer let nucky see him down there? if you're trying to kill him, lay low in case things go awry, right? seemed pretty sloppy to me.

i thought it was a good enough start. the flashbacks were cool.....but so many of their best characters are dead. now rothstein and massareia are gone...damn it. i realize it's based off of true events but they were great characters, rothstein especially.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    great episode. glad patricia arquette is still there..
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Very nice start to the season. The one thing I'm not crazy about is the flashbacks to Nucky's childhood. With only 8 episodes to wrap up the series, it feels like wasted time to me.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited September 2014
    was very underwhelmed with this 1st episode. Gonna watch it again, maybe that will change my mind
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

Very nice start to the season. The one thing I'm not crazy about is the flashbacks to Nucky's childhood. With only 8 episodes to wrap up the series, it feels like wasted time to me.

agreed. i enjoyed them, but was also thinking about how there is only a few episodes left. maybe it was just a one episode thing..
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The guy playing the young Commodore is awesome .
    ( He even resembles Dabney Coleman a bit )
    Wonder if we see the young Gillian soon.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    i'd rather not see Gillian when she was young....but if there's flashback scenes between her and the commodore hopefully the show doesn't go THERE (shudder)

wasn't she 13 when she gave birth to Jimmy?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Pretty bummed that there is no more Rothstein, unless his character will be shown in flashbacks?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    prism said:

i'd rather not see Gillian when she was young....but if there's flashback scenes between her and the commodore hopefully the show doesn't go THERE (shudder)

wasn't she 13 when she gave birth to Jimmy?

I think 14. Either way, I also hope the show doesn't go there...pretty disturbing.

Sucks that Rothstein is dead...but that's one of the things they had to sacrifice since they did the big jump in time.

Also, nothing from the Chicago guys in the 1st episode??? This whole 8 episode final season is really starting to annoy me.....just seems so short with all the stories they have to finish up.
  • Options
    yeah Rothstein got offed in 1928 after he lost a fixed poker game that he couldn't pay up for. it sure does suck his storyline was sacrificed. i liked his quirky character...Michael Stuhlburg did a great portrayal of him

i don't get why they'd skip past the Valentine's day massacre in 1929 either

now that Margaret is facing heat from investigators at the brokerage office, does anyone else think she might seek protection by going back to Nucky.... and her old identity as Margaret Thompson as well?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    prism said:

now that Margaret is facing heat from investigators at the brokerage office, does anyone else think she might seek protection by going back to Nucky.... and her old identity as Margaret Thompson as well?

can't imagine them not crossing paths again with just a few episodes left for the end of the show..

• Options
    a preview of this sunday night's episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=256DDB3Ht44
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    liked 1st episode,downloading second now
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    hopefully you've watched it by now dimi, otherwise...
    *Spoiler Alert*

that second episode added quite a few new historical characters we haven't seen on the show til now...they introduced Maranzano, Bugsy Seigel, Joe Kennedy and Elliot Ness ...

did i leave any big name characters out? might need to watch it again to see if there's some i didn't catch ...

i think it's fucking ridiculous that HBO and the producers chose to skip over the Atlantic City Conference (google it...if anybody doesn't know) which happened in 1929... talk about a goldmine of actual intersecting story lines B.E. could have covered!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism said:

i think it's fucking ridiculous that HBO and the producers chose to skip over the Atlantic City Conference (google it...if anybody doesn't know) which happened in 1929

agree

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    prism said:

*Spoiler Alert*

i think it's fucking ridiculous that HBO and the producers chose to skip over the Atlantic City Conference (google it...if anybody doesn't know) which happened in 1929... talk about a goldmine of actual intersecting story lines B.E. could have covered!

It's also fucking ridiculous that they are wasting time with these flashbacks to Nucky's childhood. With so many characters and so few episodes to finish up their stories, it's crazy to waste time on Nucky/Eli as kids....I thought they had already made it clear that they had a fucked up childhood. Other than that stuff, loved the first 2 episodes so far. Surprised that we have yet to see Dr. Narcisse.
  • Options

prism said:

*Spoiler Alert*

It's also fucking ridiculous that they are wasting time with these flashbacks to Nucky's childhood. With so many characters and so few episodes to finish up their stories, it's crazy to waste time on Nucky/Eli as kids....I thought they had already made it clear that they had a fucked up childhood. Other than that stuff, loved the first 2 episodes so far. Surprised that we have yet to see Dr. Narcisse.
    yeah much like you said the flashbacks are irritating. not to mention they're incredibly sad. :( it doesn't just take away from "current" stories... they're also historically inaccurate...

actually Nucky and Eli's father was the sheriff of Atlantic Co. elected in 1886 (when Nucky was 3) until 1908 when Nucky was elected sheriff. sure he could've been a mean alcoholic (who knows?) tho hardly the fucked-up fisherman that drank the family into destitution the way the show portrays things. it just peeves me anytime fiction extremely overtakes historical facts ...(besides im related to the real Nucky & Eli on their mother's side :p )

altho i get what you mean...the show has always implied Nucky & Eli's childhood was awful. doing flashbacks seemed like a good idea at first....but at this point its hard to see the reason for them

how in thee fuck are all the pieces going to tie together in just 6 more episodes?!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    preview of this sunday night's episode 3...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FCd9VCrSN8
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    so so good this week.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    3 weeks in...STILL not feeling it
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    preview of tonight's episode...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqRjcXhtEYY
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    i'm not feeling this season at all. prior seasons this was can't miss tv for me on sunday nights. at this point, i seriously can take it or leave it. i think they skipped over too much history. 7 years is way too far to skip ahead. couldn't even show chalky getting busted or rothstein getting offed. even the st valentine's day massacre...

i'm pretty much over this show at this point.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,939
    edited September 2014
    4 episodes in & they are still continuing the young Nucky theme back story. Why not throw these flashbacks sequences of young Nucky in the last 2 episodes of the season? Why bring it from the start of the season and continue running with it? You see the previews & trailers for each episodes which only show's a small timbit of young Nucky, but you watch the show, there's ALOT of young Nucky flashbacks. :/

Hoping maybe after the season is over someone does a Phantom Edit style of this Season & cut out all the Nucky flashbacks and put that all in a film or 2. Cause it really sucks the feel of the series, IMO.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    tonight's episode was a little better. at least something happened with the story.

i thought for sure mueller was a goner.

capone might be the best character on the show these days.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."