Options

HBO: Boardwalk Empire

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    Just watched the first episode & really enjoyed it. Great work Scorsese. :)
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    I thought it was a solid first episode. Hopefully the rest are as good or better.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I liked it alot but I'll have to watch it again tomorrow.
  • Options
    i knew the hype was too much ..good but nothing special
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I'm pretty happy with it. It is laying the foundation.
    When you watched the first episode of the Wire did you know you were watching what was gonna be the greatest tv show ever ;)

Seriously though i was entertained and surely interested enough to come back again. I liked the charactors and look forward to seeing where this goes.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    I'm pretty happy with it. It is laying the foundation.
    When you watched the first episode of the Wire did you know you were watching what was gonna be the greatest tv show ever ;)

Seriously though i was entertained and surely interested enough to come back again. I liked the charactors and look forward to seeing where this goes.

not a fan of buschemi..could be someone better in that part

as for the wire..never saw an episode ( ducks)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Very solid. Looking forward to next week!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,469
    :clap::clap:

that was fantastic. as far as series premiers go, they don't come much better than that.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Loved it! Glad to have something awesome to watch since True Blood's done. Super stoked for some Kenny Powers next week too!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    Very well done series opener. I think this show is going to turn into a must see for me. I wasn't sure about Buscemi in that kind of role, but I think he pulled it off quite well. I'm looking forward to seeing how the show and it's plots play out.
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    This will be a must watch every week for the wife and I. Excellent first episode.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    D'oh! New episode tonight on TMN @ 10pm. It's a wild night cause over on Fox @ 10pm it's an hour new season premiere of Family Guy. New Simpsons @ 9pm. New Cleveland show @ 9:30pm. All 4 show's are my favorite. What to watch LIVE @ 10pm?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    Awesome 1st episode!!!!

Can't wait for the next one!
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I really wish I had HBO for this. I don't. I can't even watch them online. :(
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

www.stagevu.com
    Then...
    "Search for 'boardwalk' ".
    (Be sure to check which were rated best...some are actually in HD).

Stagevu has TONS of streaming TV and movies.

Or you could just order HBO for a few months then cancel it. Probably only set you back a total of $50.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

http://www.stagevu.com
    Then...
    "Search for 'boardwalk' ".
    (Be sure to check which were rated best...some are actually in HD).

Stagevu has TONS of streaming TV and movies.

Or you could just order HBO for a few months then cancel it. Probably only set you back a total of $50.

Thanks! I'll watch it sometime this week.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Newch91 wrote:

You could just torrent it.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I used the site the poster suggested and downloaded the first episode and have it saved on my computer right now. I'll try torrents also.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I used the site the poster suggested and downloaded the first episode and have it saved on my computer right now. I'll try torrents also.

No reason for torrents with stagevu. I watched 3 seasons of Dexter on there, and many others. I now have Showtime, but stagevu will pretty much have anything you want! ;):)
  • Options
    I've not watched it yet. I downloaded it this morning. Hmm, maybe I'll stick it on now. :think:
  • Options
    Where's the intro music from? It sounds like 'The Brian Jonestwon Massacre'.
  • Options
    The first episode was pretty good. Looks promising. The only negative is that it's a bit too Hollywood for my liking - a bit too glitzy.
    I'm not sure it'll manage to be as good as The Sopranos.
  • Options
    nothing personal against buschemi..but he was miscast
  • Options

no offense, but maybe you should stick with mtv and jersey shore. this is a grown ups show. :lol:

in all seriousness, buschemi's gonna be up for an emmy/golden globe. i think he's great and the critics love this show. count on it.

i kind of liked this episode slightly better than the premier...and the premier was great. i love all of the dynamics that they are presenting for the characters. fucking al capone beating the crap out of that reporter was GOLD!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

no offense, but maybe you should stick with mtv and jersey shore. this is a grown ups show. :lol:

in all seriousness, buschemi's gonna be up for an emmy/golden globe. i think he's great and the critics love this show. count on it.

i kind of liked this episode slightly better than the premier...and the premier was great. i love all of the dynamics that they are presenting for the characters. fucking al capone beating the crap out of that reporter was GOLD!

i don't care what the critics think ..wrong guy for this wanna be gansta role
    nowhere near intimidating enough
  • Options

the show's not for everybody.

you still have jersey shore :thumbup:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

It was a bit over the top when Buscemi smacked that fella down on the dice table in the first episode. The other guy dwarfed him.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:

It was a bit over the top when Buscemi smacked that fella down on the dice table in the first episode. The other guy dwarfed him.

exactly i would bitch -slap him

he walks around with no muscle ..he isn't a wise guy

although his brother is sheriff

good show ,but i just invision a bigger guy like the real-life nucky
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

No reason for torrents with stagevu. I watched 3 seasons of Dexter on there, and many others. I now have Showtime, but stagevu will pretty much have anything you want! ;):)

Oh yeah, Dexter, I need to watch that. My cousins friend is going to be on there next week and then the week after that.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:

i kinda thought the same thing...however nucky runs that town though. and everyone knows it. if the dude attempted to fight back, he knew he would have been killed.
    chinese-happy.jpg