NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    Let' s calmly look at this situation:
    1. Penn State hires a FB coach who they KNOW has NFL aspirations
    2. Penn State hires a FB coach who only wants to coach, not be a shmoozy community glad-hander
    3. Penn State hires a FB coach and all the old timer Paterno fans and loyalists give him gruff for not being Paterno enough
    4. Penn State hires a FB coach and knows damn well the hellacious sanctions coming down the line
    5. Penn State KNEW this wasn't a forever coach in O'brien when they hired him...

Do I feel bad for the young players that could have transferred, bought into O'Brien and are left hanging today stuck at a crappy FB school? Sure. Name me a school where that doesn't happen...waiting...and still waiting...

But to call a guy an asshole for going to a MUCH better situation, fulfilling a DREAM of his to coach in the NFL, with a great owner, a #1 pick in the draft for QB - Offensive minded coach who can hand pick his QB...for a lot more $$$...hmmm, asshole doesn't seem like the right word here...

Now, if you are a Penn State fan, maybe you are sore you lost a good FB coach. I get that. Be hurt, thats fine.
    Be glad there is still a FB program. Your next coach, winning record aside, will most likely be there for a much longer time.

Plain and simple, Penn State has needed stability coming off the atrocious rape and molestation nightmare. The sanctions will dry up in a few short years and Penn State will be back to making a difference on Saturdays.

No doubt....still bitter

Can be bitter, means we lost a good coach. Beats throwing a shitty coach out after a 2-10 season. Hopefully we grab another good one
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Al Golden?
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Al Golden?

For real?
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Al Golden?

For real?

Penn State will do good to get Golden. He's a good coach. He'll just to have to change to wearing blue ties instead of orange ones.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Al Golden?

For real?

Penn State will do good to get Golden. He's a good coach. He'll just to have to change to wearing blue ties instead of orange ones.

he's the guy i would want. he was one of the names floated about a couple years ago. saw it yesterday in a couple spots. not sure if he would leave miami but it makes sense. he played there. coached locally at temple.
    www.myspace.com
    he's the guy i would want. he was one of the names floated about a couple years ago. saw it yesterday in a couple spots. not sure if he would leave miami but it makes sense. he played there. coached locally at temple.

I'd be very happy with golden but I don't think he'll leave miami. Dude is a hell of a recruiter too. I'd be happy with this. I wasn't sure of you saw somewhere that it was a possibility.

Everyone is saying james franklin too. I don't know anything about him but sounds like there would be some pretty big hurdles to get him.

No no no schiano
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'd be very happy with golden but I don't think he'll leave miami. Dude is a hell of a recruiter too. I'd be happy with this. I wasn't sure of you saw somewhere that it was a possibility.

Everyone is saying james franklin too. I don't know anything about him but sounds like there would be some pretty big hurdles to get him.

No no no schiano

Franklin would be my number 1. Guy is as enthusiastic as they come. Kids want to play for him. He's a PA guy. I think he's being mentioned for the Texas job though.

I would not be disappointed with Golden, but I agree...I don't think he's leaving Miami.

I'd love Caldwell to take the job as well.

Shiano would be a big step backwards
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Cliffy6745 wrote:

No no no schiano

Franklin would be my number 1. Guy is as enthusiastic as they come. Kids want to play for him. He's a PA guy. I think he's being mentioned for the Texas job though.

I would not be disappointed with Golden, but I agree...I don't think he's leaving Miami.

I'd love Caldwell to take the job as well.

Shiano would be a big step backwards

Yeah, I have read all that about franklin. Really hope they do everything they can to make that happen. I can't say enough how badly a schiano hire would be. Liked what Joyner had to say, schiano doesn't fit any of that.

First order of business is getting hackenberg to stay. Again, why would he want to stay and play for schiano
    Casualty number 1, Allen Robinson going to the NFL. Although it probably would have happened regardless.

Casualty number 1, Allen Robinson going to the NFL. Although it probably would have happened regardless.

Casualty is a little harsh...he was gone no matter what.

Good news, I read a tweet by David Jones (beat writer - Harrisburg Patriot News) said he heard from a source that Schiano will not be the guy

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Reality appears to be setting in for the Sooners
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Holy crap! Big win for Oklahoma
    and there's casualty number 1. O'Conner will not enroll next week. Currently at 1 scholarship QB. One wrong decision from having no QBs on the roster
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

and there's casualty number 1. O'Conner will not enroll next week. Currently at 1 scholarship QB. One wrong decision from having no QBs on the roster

Yeah, this is a pretty massive blow. A couple others are also pretty non-committal at this point too. JHolley is in wait and see too. Except for this guy, Marcus Allen, a 3 star safety

“I’ve come to realize over the past 48 hours that Penn State isn’t a person. It’s a spirit and an idea. It’s the fans and the players and the coaches and the people who live in State College. The feeling I get when I visit State College isn’t due to one person, but my experience with everyone I have come in contact with. I feel truly blessed and humbled to be mentioned in the same sentence with Penn State Football. Thank you all for accepting me into the PSU family. Coach Johnson has shown me through this that a team player works hard and stays the course through adversity. I’ve learned a new life lesson before I even stepped foot on campus. WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

People are reading into the radio silence from Golden and camp. I wouldn't. Also read that he would likely have to find a new QB coach as he doesn't have a great track record developing QBs.

People are reading into the radio silence from Golden and camp. I wouldn't. Also read that he would likely have to find a new QB coach as he doesn't have a great track record developing QBs.

Read on twitter that a Miami BOT member who would know said everyone will know tomorrow if Golden is Miami's coach. Guess we'll see.

Also read that O'Conner never said he wasn't enrolling next week. He said right now it doesn't look good. As with everything, words are just thrown out there, true or not.

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Franklin is interviewing with Penn State on Sunday.

Just going to post this....wonder what info (if any) comes from Miami tomorrow

This new board blows
    :(|)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Just going to post this....wonder what info (if any) comes from Miami tomorrow

This new board blows
    :(|)
    It's terrible.

Blue White Illustrated has Al Golden calling a team meeting today. ESPN has it down to Franklin, Golden or Muchank
    edited January 2014
    My first thought. Franklin would probably be the best hire for the short term. Golden would provide the most stability. Then again, given what they just went through, Franklin's buyout would probably be astronomical.

Edit: BWI has Golden being offered the job. Not buying it though.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Annnnnnnnd, it looks like it is Al Golden. Reports starting to come in everywhere.
    just heard he was offered job...did you see somewhere that it is a done deal?

this is great news if true
    www.myspace.com
    i got a friend who is a fraud um fan....i will have a field day with this news if it comes to fruition. please be true.....
    www.myspace.com

just heard he was offered job...did you see somewhere that it is a done deal?

this is great news if true

There were reports that it was done, but that was walked back. Others saying no job has been offered yet, but I don't really believe that. Cane Sports (equivalent to BWI, I assume), says he is expected to take it and that Miami is forming a search committee.

I would love this as well.

i got a friend who is a fraud um fan....i will have a field day with this news if it comes to fruition. please be true.....

How fucking awesome would it be? Especially considering they have a top 5 recruiting class
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    edited January 2014
    norm said:
    This dude has gotten quite the amount of shit over the past 72 hours over his integrity
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

norm said:
    This dude has gotten quite the amount of shit over the past 72 hours over his integrity
    really? just saw that someone else retweeted him...thought he'd be viable