NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The Onion's Heisman Watch:

•Jameis Winston (QB, Florida State): Winston has the inside track to the trophy, but Johnny Manziel, AJ McCarron, and the Tallahassee Police Department are hot on his heels

•Johnny Manziel (QB, Texas A&M): Johnny Football has a strong chance to become the first player in college football history to forfeit two Heisman Trophies

•Tajh Boyd (QB, Clemson): After throwing for zero TDs through the first 10 weeks, he impressed voters with a 26-TD effort against Georgia Tech

•Marcus Mariota (QB, Oregon): After looking like an NFL quarterback for the first eight games, Mariota looked even more so last week as he downplayed a knee injury

•AJ McCarron (QB, Alabama): Has it all: poise, accuracy, good looks, arm strength, respect, and fame—but what about true love?

•Teddy Bridgewater (QB, Louisville): Heisman voters often place an emphasis on how players fared in their biggest games, and Teddy Bridgewater was nothing short of excellent against Rutgers and University of Central Florida

•Bryce Petty (QB, Baylor): He won’t win

•Jordan Lynch (QB, Northern Illinois): Still the favorite pick among the majority of Heisman Trophy voters who don’t watch college football

•Braxton Miller (QB, Ohio State): Hey, another fucking quarterback

•Justin Solomon (CB, Cornell): This defensive back would be really, really surprised to win, which would be fun to see

•Mike Evans (WR, Texas A&M): Good solid bland name that can easily be forgotten in a few years
  • Jason P wrote:

•Teddy Bridgewater (QB, Louisville): Heisman voters often place an emphasis on how players fared in their biggest games, and Teddy Bridgewater was nothing short of excellent against Rutgers and University of Central Florida

:lol::lol:

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    I try to keep my wife up to date on sports & have been telling her that her grad school (Baylor) was doing well throughout the season.

so, today she comes home from work & says "WHY didn't you tell me about Baylor?!" :lol:

nice to know that she listens to me when I talk about sports. :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    mfc2006 wrote:
    I try to keep my wife up to date on sports & have been telling her that her grad school (Baylor) was doing well throughout the season.

so, today she comes home from work & says "WHY didn't you tell me about Baylor?!" :lol:

nice to know that she listens to me when I talk about sports. :lol:
    :lol::lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    It's nice to see that the top 2 teams in the country scheduled such difficult out-of-conference games this late in the season.

The East Lake High Bobcats and Hill Valley Trojans must have had prior commitments that prevented them from playing Alabama and Florida State this week

:fp:
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Oklahoma State fucked Baylor without lube last night.

Watching this Baylor team just completely run up the score against much weaker, beaten opponents, made me love to see this.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Oklahoma State fucked Baylor without lube last night.

Gundy said the SI story about women, drugs, phony grades and money HELPED his recruiting :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    I wonder how much Vegas made off the OSU Mich game. whoa mama that was close. Gutsy call to go for two for the win.

Powell is Urban Meyers new fave player right now!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Can't believe Michigan went for 2.... :fp:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    mca47 wrote:
    OSU with 393 yrds rushing is why. They wouldnt have stopped the run in OT.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Crazy finish!!!! Wow!
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Terrible call.

F Michigan but F OSU more! :lol:
  • Good thing Alabama got that second back on the clock. :lol:
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    mca47 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Terrible call.

Agree Michigan should have taken their chances in OT.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Good thing Alabama got that second back on the clock. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    mca47 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Terrible call.

I don't think it was such a bad call. Back up kicker that just about missed the first extra point, nothing for Michigan to lose, at home, can't stop the run, Gardiner's bad ankle. I thought Michigan was going to lose by 50, so this wasn't so bad. :lol:

Oh yeah and Fuck OSU! :twisted:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    lukin2006 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah and Fuck Alabama and Nick Saban, too! :lol::lol::lol:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    824976109.gif
    aqo2t.jpg
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    pjradio wrote:
    824976109.gif

We were traveling from Reno to LA and listening to the game on the radio. Turned it off when it looked like Alabama was going to win. Who knew? This is the first video I'd seen (cause we had to turn on the Stanford game when we walked in the house.).

Wow. Some game.
  • F-L-O-R-I-D-A
    S-T-A-T-E
    Florida State, Florida State, Florida State
    Wooooooo!!!

Fear the fuckin' spear! >>=;==}>
  • what a disgrace.

now i have another reason to hate florida state.

Haters gonna hate. Gators gonna alligate.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    funny watching ESPN this morning and you see the home videos of Auburn's win and the fans reaction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7wHcqHc9-g
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Osu not expected to suspend the ejected player who flicked off
    the crowd. A school with any class would suspend him. Go sparty!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928

saw it pre-show, drinking beers in spokane. what a way to go :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    F-L-O-R-I-D-A
    S-T-A-T-E
    Florida State, Florida State, Florida State
    Wooooooo!!!

Fear the fuckin' spear! >>=;==}>

fear the QB if you are a woman.
  • Here's my opinion on the national championship game.

If FSU and OSU both win, they should be playing in the championship game. I understand that the SEC is a better conference than the big 10 and the ACC. But this is a down year for the big 10, they normally have 4-6 teams in the top 25 by season's end. Michigan St is 11-1, not to shabby. I don't care if OSU barely wins, if they do, they deserve not to be jumped by a one loss SEC team.

I'm glad that next year these discussions won't be happening. I hope they expand the playoff to 8 teams. It can be done.
    I disagree on Ohio State.

You wanna be a National Championship team, beef up the non-conference schedule and challenge yourselves.

Thank god for the playoff starting next season though.

I wanna see what happens if Michigan State, Duke, and Missouri win...
  • What about FSU? They have ONE quality win. Clemson. That's it. FSU's schedule is weaker than OSU. If any team should be jumped, its them.
    @ Clemson was a monster win.

Dont forget Miami as well.

ACC>>>>>>>>Big10

Florida State's "style points" are also much better than Ohio State, who have had a bit of difficulty in some games.
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    @ Clemson was a monster win.

Dont forget Miami as well.

ACC>>>>>>>>Big10

Florida State's "style points" are also much better than Ohio State, who have had a bit of difficulty in some games.
    Yes, blowing out Clemson was a big win, but miami, not so much. If OSU beats MSU, that win trumps Miami by a lot. No way the ACC is better than the big 10. I'd take Northwestern, MSU, OSU, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and even Minnesota this year over duke, miami, Maryland, and unc.
    OSU and MSU can easily hang, if not beat, FSU and Clemson.