NCAA College Football -

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pureoc wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Tis a shame. I was going to offer to buy you a beer pregame. Enjoy the kiddies.

Didn't see the game, but saw the fl score. Ouch

Have fun at the game. Hard to find a better atmosphere than Madison on gameday in the fall. I'm glad UW is going back to Indy, but hope they can make it legit by beating OSU and PSU. They lose these next 2 (very possible) just doesn't feel right going to the championship game with a 4-4 conference record.

looking forward to pulling a kane :lol:

You are right, 4-4 into a confrence champtionship would be a joke. big ten picked a lousy year to have teams banned from post season plan :fp: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    81 wrote:
    Heading to madison for this weeks game. Wooo. Thanks andy

Instead of dotting the i, we are going.to 81 the eye.

You better bring home a win or we are banning smoking babies from future Buckeye games.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Heading to madison for this weeks game. Wooo. Thanks andy

Instead of dotting the i, we are going.to 81 the eye.

You better bring home a win or we are banning smoking babies from future Buckeye games.

Buckeyes are 1-0 when i attend a road game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Taking the oldest kid to his first game tomorrow. He's pretty pumped. Should be a good time. Hopefully Indiana gets rolled
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    i'm not feeling very mature today, so I will ask:

norm.....what's this about lane kiffin preferring soft balls? :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    i'm not feeling very mature today, so I will ask:

norm.....what's this about lane kiffin preferring soft balls? :shock:

i'm sorry, today you're not feeling mature? :problem: :-? :lol::lol:

in answer to your question, lane kiffin is a massive tool and a really shitty coach
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    norm wrote:

i'm sorry, today you're not feeling mature? :problem: :-? :lol::lol:

my mature alter ego doesn't spend a lot of time in this forum :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    The SECheats should be ashamed of themselves today
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
    #FHP
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Heisenberg wrote:

Yeah, some really tough games that conference scheduled today. Western Carolina, Georgia Southern, Jacksonville State, Sam Houston State, and Wofford. Really testing games today! Yet, ND somehow shouldn't play for the championship, IF they run the table. With their schedule, IF they run it, they should without a doubt play for the title. OR and K State both had 1AA teams on their schedule. There's 100+ FBS teams, schedule one of those!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    81 wrote:
    Tis a shame. I was going to offer to buy you a beer pregame. Enjoy the kiddies.

Didn't see the game, but saw the fl score. Ouch

Couldn't ask for much better weather for mid November in Madtown.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    Heisenberg wrote:

As a fan of an SEC team, I completely agree.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
    pureoc wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Yeah, some really tough games that conference scheduled today. Western Carolina, Georgia Southern, Jacksonville State, Sam Houston State, and Wofford. Really testing games today! Yet, ND somehow shouldn't play for the championship, IF they run the table. With their schedule, IF they run it, they should without a doubt play for the title. OR and K State both had 1AA teams on their schedule. There's 100+ FBS teams, schedule one of those!!

Wait...Wake Forest isn't a 1AA school? ;)
    i give up :roll:
    The University of Maryland is in serious negotiations to join the Big Ten Conference, sources told ESPN.com on Saturday.

If Maryland goes to the Big Ten, Rutgers of the Big East is expected to follow suit. The addition of Maryland and Rutgers would give the Big Ten 14 members as the league gears toward negotiations on a new media rights deal when its first-tier rights expire in 2017.

No date has been set for an potential announcement, though it could come as soon as Monday.

Maryland president Wallace Loh has been handling the conversation with Big Ten officials, a source said.

One source told ESPN.com that Maryland athletic director Kevin Anderson has informed key staffers that there are ongoing discussions.

One stumbling block for Maryland could be finances. Maryland's athletic department has recently dropped sports because of budget issues, and the ACC recently raised its exit fee to $50 million.

Maryland and Florida State were the only two out of 12 schools that voted against a $50 million exit fee out of the ACC, but lost the vote. Loh was quoted in the Washington Post on Sept. 13 that he was against the hike from $20 to $50 million on "legal and philosophical" grounds. The Post reported that Loh said Maryland planned to be in the ACC for years to come.

Maryland recently dropped seven sports and having to pay $50 million would be hard to digest for the athletic department and campus.

A source told ESPN.com that the Big Ten has been itchy about further expansion since Notre Dame made its official move to the ACC two months ago in all sports other than football. The source said the Big Ten can justify Maryland and then possibly Rutgers since they are all contiguous states to the Big Ten footprint.

One source told ESPN.com that Loh and Anderson don't have ACC ties so there wouldn't be a strong emotional pull to stay with the conference. Loh is a former provost at Big Ten member Iowa.

However, the chancellor of the Maryland system, Brit Kirwan, has been on the Maryland campus for 30 years and has strong affiliation for being a charter member of the ACC, according to a source.

One source with Maryland ties said there is a strong affinity for the ACC and making the move to the Big Ten may not be a unanimous decision among the school's board of regents.

Big Ten officials did not respond to numerous requests seeking comment. ACC officials also did not respond to a request for comment. Maryland officials would not comment when asked after the Terps' football game on Saturday.

If these dominoes were to fall then Connecticut would emerge as the next most likely candidate to fill Maryland in the ACC. The ACC will be at 14 members in 2013-14 with the addition of the Big East's Pitt and Syracuse and 15 in all sports except football when Notre Dame joins, which could be as early as the fall of 2013.

Rutgers' exit fee from the Big East would be less expensive. The buyout to leave the Big East is $10 million if the school provides 27 months of notice before leaving. However, the league has allowed West Virginia, Pittsburgh and Syracuse to leave the league without honoring the 27-month requirement by paying a higher exit fee.

The loss of Rutgers would be the latest in a long line of teams fleeing the Big East. The Scarlet Knights would be the ninth member of the Big East to leave or announce they were leaving the league since 2004. Six of those defections have occurred in the past year -- Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Notre Dame to the ACC; TCU and West Virginia to the Big 12 and Rutgers to the Big Ten.

The Scarlet Knights were charter members of the Big East's football conference, which began in 1991.

Maryland also was a charter member of the ACC, one of eight schools to start the league in 1953.

Both Maryland and Rutgers are members of the AAU (Association of American Universities), something vital to Big Ten presidents. The addition of the two East Coast schools would dramatically stretch the Big Ten's footprint. With Maryland holding down the Beltway, Rutgers offering up the New York market and Penn State the league has a solid anchor in the mid-Atlantic states.

Maryland and Rutgers would also make the nation's richest conference even wealthier. Last season, each Big Ten school received a record $24.6 million in shared revenue, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported. One source said the success of the Big Ten Network is an intriguing factor for Maryland.

If the two schools join the Big Ten, it would reopen what many thought was a stable time in the conference realignment process. The Big Ten joins the SEC as a legitimate 14-team superconference, while the ACC drops to 13 football members and likely will pursue another all-sports member to get back to 14.

ACC commissioner John Swofford said at ACC media day and during the news conference when the Irish were added that the league wouldn't go beyond 14 football members and could easily exist with an odd number (15) in men's and women's basketball. But if a football member were to leave, the ACC would likely have to make a move.

Maryland, meanwhile, will become only the second school to leave the ACC. South Carolina was the other, leaving in 1971 to become an independent. The Gamecocks are now members of the Southeastern Conference.

In the past few years, the nation's top five conferences -- SEC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 and ACC -- have added a total of 10 new members, causing a domino effect throughout the college landscape from coast to coast.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ources-say
    oh and, fire lane kiffin
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I can't believe this ass-whooping Oklahoma State is putting on Texas Tech, with their third string quarterback.

52-14, and there's still a quarter to play.

EDIT: Make that 59-14, OSU just blocked a punt and took it for a TD.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    Lane Kiffin doesn't deserve a job in sports.
    Heisenberg wrote:

fuck that piece of shit
    81 is fired if he blows the perfect season
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    norm wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

fuck that piece of shit

Is there a worse word than scumbag?
    Enkidu wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

fuck that piece of shit

Is there a worse word than scumbag?

ignoring you're qb when he's done on the field...piece of shit
    Heisenberg wrote:

yeah, because if you lose you won't go to the rose b....oh yeah, you can't go to a bowl ;) :P
    WOW!! Regardless of what happens in OT in Madison Beilema is a moron. Why the hell did he run there? Damn near cost us the game with his horrendous clock mgmt. Cmon Badgers!!!!
    norm wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

yeah, because if you lose you won't go to the rose b....oh yeah, you can't go to a bowl ;) :P

Yeah, it's one thing we have in common with your Trojans, they ain't going to the Rose Bowl either ;)

81's job is safe.
    Heisenberg wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Yeah, it's one thing we have in common with your Trojans, they ain't going to the Rose Bowl either ;)

81's job is safe.

:lol::lol:
  • pureoc wrote:
    WOW!! Regardless of what happens in OT in Madison Beilema is a moron. Why the hell did he run there? Damn near cost us the game with his horrendous clock mgmt. Cmon Badgers!!!!
    Horrible clock management. Just horrible. Also, how can WI play defense so well for most of the game, and then in OT just basically let OSU walk into the endzone? :x They should have had that game won multiple times. Offense just failed to convert many times while in OSU territory and it pisses me off.
    Lane Kiffin said he has been assured by USC administration that he will return next season.
    https://twitter.com/RegisterUSC/status/ ... 4709173249

vader.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,872
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:
    Horrible clock management. Just horrible. Also, how can WI play defense so well for most of the game, and then in OT just basically let OSU walk into the endzone? :x They should have had that game won multiple times. Offense just failed to convert many times while in OSU territory and it pisses me off.
    Urban Meyer and OSU 11-0 in his first year. Cant go to a bowl game. Hows that for justice. FUCK!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

Yeah, it sucked. Really all that matters is beating Nebraska in Indy, even though we really don't deserve to go to Indy. Team had the talent to get their outright on their own and didn't. 3 losses by a FG and a 4th in OT. Highly disappointing to have 4 losses with 1 more big ten game to go and the championship game. Could have been interesting if Stave played all year and didn't get hurt, and we didn't play that POS O'Brien. I guess i'll take happiness in knowing OSU should roll Michigan next weekend to finish undefeated and the only prize they get is spending all of the winter in Columbus. Would have been nice to beat them, but it'll be more special beating them when they actually have something on the line like they did back in 2010.

To the OSU folk, say you weren't on probation, and K State, Oregon, ND, and you all ran the table. Do you think you'd be in the champ game? I'd say probably not (and yes there is bias in their). Not sure where OSU started out in the polls at the start of the year, but I'm guessing it was below OR, so they wouldn't jump them. With the Big Ten horrible as a conference this year I don't think that'd help them either. All 3 teams played a much tougher schedule than OSU.
    pureoc wrote:
    To the OSU folk, say you weren't on probation, and K State, Oregon, ND, and you all ran the table. Do you think you'd be in the champ game? I'd say probably not (and yes there is bias in their). Not sure where OSU started out in the polls at the start of the year, but I'm guessing it was below OR, so they wouldn't jump them. With the Big Ten horrible as a conference this year I don't think that'd help them either. All 3 teams played a much tougher schedule than OSU.

No, they wouldn't be in the title game. As much as I hate to admit this to a dirty cheese-eating Badger fan ;) , I'm kinda glad we are on probation. We are the best team in a terrible conference. There is not one other team in the Big Ten that I consider quality. All other teams in the Big Ten would be bottom barrel teams in any of the other power confrences this year. Ohio State would likely be mid level at best. If Ohio State went to a BCS bowl game this year against a legit team, we'd likely get exposed, just like the Big Ten champ will in the Rose Bowl. This way, we get to potentially go undefeated and look good instead of potentially going undefeated in a shit conference and then getting blasted by a SEC or Pac 12 team in a bowl game. That being said, it's good to be a Buckeye and break the heart Bucky Badger 2 years in a row :D