NCAA College Football -

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Jason P wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:
    norm wrote:
    jeez purdue :fp:

Odds of Purdue winning in OT: 1 in 6.
    I would have given them 1 in 10 after they decided to give State control of their destiny instead of trying to get a 1st down and win the game. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I was listening on the radio, so I don't know for sure, but I imagine they were only rushing 3 men and playing prevent-win defense in the last minute. The Ohio State broadcast team was saying they would need a miracle ... they just needed dumb finger-crossing coaching.

:fp: :fp: :fp:

rushing 4 if memory serves, but they weren't getting any pressure.

but according to your coach, that cause the buckeyes were holding everyone. :fp:

perhaps instead of crying, you should have covered the WR in the endzone, or covered the TE on the two point play.

either way, you looked better than i thought.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Oregon Ducks keep winning...
    And DROPPING in BCS standings???

Horse Hooey!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Oregon Ducks keep winning...

Horse Hooey!!!!!
    No respect for the Pac-12 even with 3 teams in the top 10.
    #FHP
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    Broxton Miller had no symptoms....yeah, aside from fucking unconsciousness. Reminds me of this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UclGVSpItIk

Penn State :shh:
  • Horos wrote:
    Oregon Ducks keep winning...

Horse Hooey!!!!!
    No respect for the Pac-12 even with 3 teams in the top 10.
    Beavers Vs. Ducks...
    Gonna be a HELL of a game!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Braxton Miller had no symptoms....yeah, aside from fucking unconsciousness. Reminds me of this....

fixed.

almost looked like he was in shock...i am shocked that he didn't have a concussion.....or maybe he faked his way thru the test so he can play this week. either way, it's been a long time since i've seen someone that out of it on a football field.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Braxton Miller had no symptoms....yeah, aside from fucking unconsciousness. Reminds me of this....

fixed.

almost looked like he was in shock...i am shocked that he didn't have a concussion.....or maybe he faked his way thru the test so he can play this week. either way, it's been a long time since i've seen someone that out of it on a football field.

Shitty start time is causing me to miss this game. Who the hell approved the 5:30 kick :fp:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    Shitty start time is causing me to miss this game. Who the hell approved the 5:30 kick :fp:

:lol:

it was moved up from 6, if that helps.

it's all TV generated. i miss having all the buckeye games start at noon eastern. it made for a perfect sat schedule. now it's all fucked up. thanks abc/espn. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    81 wrote:

:lol:

it was moved up from 6, if that helps.

it's all TV generated. i miss having all the buckeye games start at noon eastern. it made for a perfect sat schedule. now it's all fucked up. thanks abc/espn. :fp:

You'd think the Big 10 Championship would be prime time, or as shitty as the conference is, a noon start :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

fixed.

Except maybe this guy.....
    63111_4815719596831_2076663391_n.jpg
    #FHP
    I used to like you horos
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    penn st is favored over ohio st. the big ten is the afc of cfb.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Horos wrote:
    63111_4815719596831_2076663391_n.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    It appears the Honey Badger really doesn't care.

:fp:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Jason P wrote:

That was my first thoughts as well, but you have to remember, he's still a college student, really just a kid. Kids make mistakes, especially when it comes to drugs and alcohol. We've all been there.

I'm sure if he entered the draft early at the end of the season, some team would take a chance on him.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    some nice afternoon evening matchups this week.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    LOCK OF THE WEEK:

Take Oregon Ducks and lay the 46.5

Trust me :D
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
    CServant wrote:
    LOCK OF THE WEEK:

I say the Ducks only win by 44.
    #FHP
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Horos wrote:
    CServant wrote:
    LOCK OF THE WEEK:

Something has to give as CU still has yet to cover ANY spread this year, including a loss to Sac. State.
    USC covered the 41 last week 50-6!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    LukinFan wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

That was my first thoughts as well, but you have to remember, he's still a college student, really just a kid. Kids make mistakes, especially when it comes to drugs and alcohol. We've all been there.

I'm sure if he entered the draft early at the end of the season, some team would take a chance on him.
    Drug problems+his height=no draft pick spent on him
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    CServant wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    CServant wrote:
    LOCK OF THE WEEK:

Something has to give as CU still has yet to cover ANY spread this year, including a loss to Sac. State.
    I'm just thinking how Oregon has been laying off in the second half.

Oregon may cover in the first half but will they play the 2nd and 3rd string in the second half?

Now that they've dropped 2 weeks in a row maybe not.

I just picked 44 before I knew the spread, probably be 54.
    #FHP
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    tumblr_mcj316E1hn1rge74zo1_500.jpg

:lol::lol:
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Horos wrote:
    CServant wrote:
    Horos wrote:

I'm just thinking how Oregon has been laying off in the second half.

Oregon may cover in the first half but will they play the 2nd and 3rd string in the second half?

Now that they've dropped 2 weeks in a row maybe not.

I just picked 44 before I knew the spread, probably be 54.

Oregon's backups are much better than colorado's starters. bennett is a starting qb on most other teams in fbs.

colorado is an abortion. that said, they'd be the 4th best team in the big 10

don't bet it big...but I like oregon laying the points.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    :clap::clap::clap::clap:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html

Manti Te’o writes emotional email to parents of dying 12-year-old girl

Manti Te'o continues to impress. Only a small part of the great work he does is on the field for Notre Dame.

The senior linebacker is one of the best players in the country, but the best stories of Te'o this season have been how well he has represented himself, his family and Notre Dame.

FoxSports' Greg Couch wrote a great story about how Te'o took the time to write an email to the parents of Bridget Smith, a 12-year-old girl who was dying of cancer. The email reached the family on Oct. 5, Bridget's last day. Bridget's parents got the email hours before they unplugged Bridget's ventilator.

Read the story. It's sad and beautiful. It's a great glimpse into Te'o and his character, and the best of what sports has to offer.

According to the story, Notre Dame officials had no idea he wrote the letter, and Te'o didn't publicize it to anyone. Te'o heard about the girl through a mutual friend. He didn't know her. Bridget Smith loved Notre Dame football and Te'o.

Te'o drew upon his own grieving when he wrote the email. He lost his grandmother and his girlfriend earlier this year. Couch's story said the heartfelt email, if written out, would probably have been about two pages long.

"We opened that letter that morning, and it was just a bright spot on the saddest day of our lives,'' Bridget's mother Louise Smith told Couch. "We read it to her; we shared with her what it said. They say hearing is the last thing to go. I don't know. I believe she internalized it.

"It's so encouraging to have someone in that position know there's something more important than football, more important than athletics. It was a beautiful letter, just sharing the experience with the death of his girlfriend.''

Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick told the New York Times that Te'o was such a great match for the Fighting Irish because of the person he is, the fit seemed "preordained." Te'o has 69 tackles and four interceptions in seven games. His Heisman Trophy candidacy should also include the things that aren't seen on Saturday.

"I still constantly pray for Bridget and her family,'' Te'o said. "You know, Bridget's in a better place now. She's with my girlfriend. There's no better place to be.''
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    tybird wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Drug problems+his height=no draft pick spent on him
    I agree his height might hurt him, but I still see someone taking a gamble with him - like an Oakland
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    The two best teams in the big ten square off today....and neither is bowl eligible. :lol:

Should be fun anyways.
  • GATOR BAIT!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    LukinFan wrote:
    I agree his height might hurt him, but I still see someone taking a gamble with him - like an Oakland
    ad the bengals and cowboys to that list :geek:
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    The Fixer wrote:

colorado is an abortion.

I've heard a lot of different words to describe Colorado, but this is a first :lol:
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    norm wrote:
    tumblr_mcj316E1hn1rge74zo1_500.jpg

:lol::lol:

Woot!