NCAA College Football -

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,682
    Jason P wrote:
    Although the game was a dud, it was interesting to observe Brent Musburger's semi-homoerotic admiration of The Honey Badger.

The Honey Badger don't care!

:D

A video montage: http://deadspin.com/5874677/
    I don't think the word semi belongs in the description, its full on for Brent.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Roll Tide Roll....bitches...and haters :lol::lol::lol:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And Ted Roof, who I am not really familiar with as the d coordinator.
    Ted Roof was the Auburn d coordinator this past season....and they gave up bucket loads of points to nearly everybody on their schedule...including Utah State at Auburn....I believe that they also set the record for largest loss margin for a single game by a defending National Champion. Word is that the Auburn fans are very sad to see him go.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Will there be a best out of 3 game?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    not sure if i've said this on this forum, but fuck the bcs

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    ESPN's BCS title game Monday drew a 13.8 overnight rating -- the lowest rating in the BCS system's 14-year history.

That 13.8 translates to 13.8% of households in the 56 urban markets measured for overnights. The previous record low was a 14.3 for Miami-Nebraska at the 2002 Rose Bowl. Last night's game was down 14% from last year's Auburn-Oregon title game on ESPN and down 24% from Alabama-Texas on Fox in 2010.

University of Alabama players celebrate BCS title win.CAPTIONBy CHERYL GERBER, AP Iimages for AllstateThe new low isn't surprising. Alabama's 21-0 win was less-than-suspenseful, both schools are from relatively sparsely-populated states and from the same conference -- and there wasn't much controversy surrounding the game. And the schools had already played earlier this season in an overtime game where neither team scored a touchdown. CBS coverage of that game drew an 11.9 overnight

Coming into the title game, ESPN's BCS ratings were already down 10%.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Poncier wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    Although the game was a dud, it was interesting to observe Brent Musburger's semi-homoerotic admiration of The Honey Badger.

The Honey Badger don't care!

:D

A video montage: http://deadspin.com/5874677/
    I don't think the word semi belongs in the description, its full on for Brent.

yep

i thought my buddy was gonna punch the tv every time mushmouth said honeybadger
    81 wrote:

This might be the first time.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Going with the aggregate score... :twisted:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    81 wrote:
    ESPN's BCS title game Monday drew a 13.8 overnight rating -- the lowest rating in the BCS system's 14-year history.

That 13.8 translates to 13.8% of households in the 56 urban markets measured for overnights. The previous record low was a 14.3 for Miami-Nebraska at the 2002 Rose Bowl. Last night's game was down 14% from last year's Auburn-Oregon title game on ESPN and down 24% from Alabama-Texas on Fox in 2010.

University of Alabama players celebrate BCS title win.CAPTIONBy CHERYL GERBER, AP Iimages for AllstateThe new low isn't surprising. Alabama's 21-0 win was less-than-suspenseful, both schools are from relatively sparsely-populated states and from the same conference -- and there wasn't much controversy surrounding the game. And the schools had already played earlier this season in an overtime game where neither team scored a touchdown. CBS coverage of that game drew an 11.9 overnight

Coming into the title game, ESPN's BCS ratings were already down 10%.

maybe people thought there still another 20 bowls to go before the championship game?
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    tybird wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    kinda like soccer, huh? :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    tybird wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Yup... :P
    tybird wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    tybird wrote:

your squad is about as exciting as soccer :roll: ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Newch91 wrote:
    good...hopefully they do something right. i'd like to see 8 or maybe 12, but would settle for 6 or if i had to 4
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    81 wrote:

Got to keep that post count up. ;)
    #FHP
  • NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:
    Clemson Tigers took a few steps towards the National Championship last night!

Go Tigers
    from a couple of months ago :lol::lol::lol:

well in fairness, he didn't say in which year they will get the national championship

and they were 8-0 at the time.

i was at the orange bowl. brutal.
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    tybird wrote:

your squad is about as exciting as soccer :roll: ;)[/quote]
    As long as it's a "W"....we're excited enough :P
    NoCode416 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    from a couple of months ago :lol::lol::lol:

well in fairness, he didn't say in which year they will get the national championship

and they were 8-0 at the time.

i was at the orange bowl. brutal.

one of the worst football games i have ever seen.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    good...hopefully they do something right. i'd like to see 8 or maybe 12, but would settle for 6 or if i had to 4

if it's the 4 (plus 1) thing...they should hold both semi final games on new years day and championship game a week later.
    www.myspace.com
  • BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    The Fixer wrote:
    bama might have the best defense in cfb history. gonna be 7-8 nfl guys from their starting 11. they are insanely good

No doubt about it. An incredible unit.

By the way, this is my first visit to this thread since the game on Monday night. ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

BamaPJFan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    bama might have the best defense in cfb history. gonna be 7-8 nfl guys from their starting 11. they are insanely good

By the way, this is my first visit to this thread since the game on Monday night. ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE ROLL!!!

there was a game monday night?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

not much of one. It pulled in decent ratings in the SE quadrant of our country. no one else much cared. ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:
    BamaPJFan wrote:

not much of one. It pulled in decent ratings in the SE quadrant of our country. no one else much cared. ;)

even if they go to the +1 and hold the 2 semifinal games on new years, it will create so much more interest in college football.
    www.myspace.com
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

dude could ya change the title of the thread? either 2012 or just eliminate the year? sorry, i'm just anal about little shit like that :oops: :P :lol:
    norm wrote:
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

dude could ya change the title of the thread? either 2012 or just eliminate the year? sorry, i'm just anal about little shit like that :oops: :P :lol:

haha....i just realized it said 2010
    www.myspace.com

i haven't said anything but it's been driving me nuts...especially now that it's 2012 :lol::lol:
    norm wrote:

i haven't said anything but it's been driving me nuts...especially now that it's 2012 :lol::lol:

I obviously started this thread in 2010. I had no idea that it would take on a life of its on and keep going all the way through the 2011 season. I was wrong.

even if they go to the +1 and hold the 2 semifinal games on new years, it will create so much more interest in college football.[/quote]

No doubt about it.

It will also help the SEC even more by increasing the chances of more Alabama/LSU type of rematches. I'm pretty pumped about it as long as they keep it at four teams. More than four teams will make the regular season a little more irrelevant and it's the regular season that makes college football so much more exciting than say the NFL regular season.

BamaPJFan wrote:
    norm wrote:

I obviously started this thread in 2010. I had no idea that it would take on a life of its on and keep going all the way through the 2011 season. I was wrong.

:lol:

no biggie...i'm just weird ;):D