NCAA College Football -

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

shit...every duck who talks seems like a dumbshit. are admissions standards low at phil knight U?
    Isn't that the case at every school? Try an SEC game, brutal.
    check out the MAC championship....OU up 20-0...brains and brawn ;)
    Fuck nothern :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    :mrgreen: Who did they interview from the Ducks? I'm at work dealing with ESPN radio for the next half hour :evil:
    no real interviews...just soundbites.

the announcer just said "gaping hole" :shock: :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    that took way too long for oregon to score...fucla might have a chance :lol::lol:
    hey SOS....just figured out your avatar :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • norm wrote:
    that took way too long for oregon to score...fucla might have a chance :lol::lol:
    Dammit, ESPN radio is like a minute behind. I'm outta here! Maybe I'll post about this 66-0 beatdown later.
    NERDS!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    imalive wrote:

the announcer just said "gaping hole" :shock: :lol:

Ha, I just flicked to that from the Syracuse game and that's the first thing I heard.
  • imalive wrote:
    :lol:

BTW I feel like a dumbass. After I got back from Vancouver I realized you were right next to me in the Merch line. I was like "that was imalive in that Giants jersey" Hope you had a blast there!
    NERDS!
    norm wrote:
    did you notice the pants on the ucla kick returner? wtf are those? :mrgreen: :wtf:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

BTW I feel like a dumbass. After I got back from Vancouver I realized you were right next to me in the Merch line. I was like "that was imalive in that Giants jersey" Hope you had a blast there!
    just gave the boot my first listen today!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

just gave the boot my first listen today!
    I still need to download it. My girlfriend has been hogging my PC all week for work.
    NERDS!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    49 points in the first half seems about right...i just didn't think fucla would have any of them
    I could listen to Gus Johnson commentate a chess match.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The only reason I'm disappointed I'm going to watch my Badgers in the Big Ten game is that I won't get to hear him call it.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The only reason I'm disappointed I'm going to watch my Badgers in the Big Ten game is that I won't get to hear him call it.

Yeah, they were just talking about how they are heading there. Although he's great, it will be much more fun being there.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, they were just talking about how they are heading there. Although he's great, it will be much more fun being there.

Yes it will, heading out the door now, LET'S GO BADGERS!!!!!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

when did fox get the rights to the big 10? i would have thought this would be on abc :?

gus has been sorely missed on sundays. gonna be cool listening to him call it tonight
    www.myspace.com
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

when did fox get the rights to the big 10? i would have thought this would be on abc :?

gus has been sorely missed on sundays. gonna be cool listening to him call it tonight

Fox is a partner in the Big Ten Network.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Well, Houston got beat. They're a decent team, but they had NO BUSINESS being ranked #6. I think the only reason for it was all the stink these mid-majors have caused in recent years about not being respected and wanting to be ranked for going undefeated, in spite of weak schedules. How do you rank a team 6th in the nation when their schedule was laughably weak? It's fine if that's the way they want to play, but don't rank them. I think they are really good for a mid-major, but the conversation about them should start next season when (or if) they play a more acceptable schedule.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    Oklahoma State is really making Oklahoma look foolish. I imagine somewhere Commie is crying himself to sleep on an OU embroidered pillow.
    Fox play by play guy is brutal....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Michigan State's RB is a fucking beast!! they should be keeping it on the ground more..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    :x :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Looks like we'll likely have another LSU/Alabama game for the National Championship. I can't wait for another Field-goal-apalooza. :roll:
    Looks like we'll likely have another LSU/Alabama game for the National Championship. I can't wait for another Field-goal-apalooza. :roll:

i refuse to watch a interconfrence game :roll:

reminds of 06 when people wanted an OSU/MI rematch....fuck that..give me Oklahoma State/LSU
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

reminds of 06 when people wanted an OSU/MI rematch....fuck that..give me Oklahoma State/LSU

Yeah, and to me you should at least have to win your conference title game to play for the National Championship, not be sitting on ass while two other teams play for the conference championship. We've already seen this "Game Of The Century" once, and it was one of the worst football games I've ever watched. I want LSU and Oklahoma State.

I know the way conferences are set up it gets tricky, but if the #1 and #2 teams in the nation are in the same conference, they should play each other for the conference title. Not just leave one of them to watch the game, getting a bye to cruise into the National Championship game.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    81 wrote:

Yeah, and to me you should at least have to win your conference title game to play for the National Championship, not be sitting on ass while two other teams play for the conference championship. We've already seen this "Game Of The Century" once, and it was one of the worst football games I've ever watched. I want LSU and Oklahoma State.

I know the way conferences are set up it gets tricky, but if the #1 and #2 teams in the nation are in the same conference, they should play each other for the conference title. Not just leave one of them to watch the game, getting a bye to cruise into the National Championship game.

p l a y o f f
    s y s t e m
    www.myspace.com
    p l a y o f f
    s y s t e m

100%

i'd be ok if both bama and lsu survived a 16 team playoff
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    p l a y o f f
    s y s t e m

100%

i'd be ok if both bama and lsu survived a 16 team playoff

Exactly. It's hard for me to take college football seriously w/ this bowl nonsense still happening. Every other sport in NCAA at every other level has a playoff system!! Get it done
    Bowl games are such a tradition that I don't think they'll ever go in favor of a playoff system. Not even the system that some people have proposed where the playoff system is played at the various bowl sites and each game is still called the whatever bowl.

Besides, there are so many people who love the BCS and will defend it to their grave.

I'm talking about you Cowlishaw
    tim-cowlishaw.jpg?template=generic&header=headers1&button=buttons1

Besides, these bowl games, no matter how pointless, have turned into miniature championship games for all of these schools that really have no shot at the championship. With some 75 or so teams playing in bowl games that means that 36-37 teams (and their fans) get to end their season on a high note, celebrating like they just won the National Championship when in fact they only beat Florida International in the "Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl". Bowl games are basically like giving out participation trophies, letting all these teams go out with a win amidst the pageantry of some game tradition tells them actually means something. I think many college football fans would probably hate a playoff system, as only one team would really be able to celebrate when it's all over with. It reminds me of that line from Mystery, Alaska about clinging to their dignity and illusions.
  • Yeah, its hard to see the bowl games ever going away. The problem is that they fucked this up from the beginning with all these bowl games way back when. Oh well...at least the NFL does it right!