Comments

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    edited October 2016

lolobugg said:

bflynn1 said:

Wobbie said:

bflynn1 said:

Go Hogs!!

is it just me, or does ole miss have the preppiest, old white money student base of all time?

Haha I think that's an accurate assessment
    Rob,
    How do you think they got all those great recruiting classes?? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Everyone in the SEC knows that they were paying their players.
    Best hire Freeze made was the All-American bagman. :lol:
    Prob consulted Cecil Newton on that one too!!! :lol:

or Pat Dye

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888
    lolobugg said:

bflynn1 said:

Wobbie said:

bflynn1 said:

Go Hogs!!

is it just me, or does ole miss have the preppiest, old white money student base of all time?

Rob,
    How do you think they got all those great recruiting classes?? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    I mean, for god's sake:

"go, black guys!"

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    edited October 2016
    KC138045 said:

ehbacon said:

Wisconsin got screwed over and over again on no call holding. Final score should've been 23-13 Wisconsin.

Also as a resident of Green Bay Wisconsin:

Fuck you overtime. Seriously. Fuck you.

There were bad calls both ways. Just go watch Wisconsin's 3rd down plays. I still don't understand the rule that gave you guys the ball back on that fumble. Who wrote that up and thought it made sense.
    if a player who is out of bounds touches the ball the ball is then out of bounds. Same thing happened in the Packer game a couple of weeks ago, when the ball was near the sideline so our return went out of bands and dove for the ball while still being out of bounds so that the ball would be ruled out. giving us the ball at the 40.

I didn't see a single bad call for the Badgers, a few lucky ones I'll grant you but all of them were valid.

look at the holding on TJ Watt (42) by the right guard at 1:25, how is that missed? On a third down! Should've been a field goal instead of a TD. With that call or if they hadn't cheated in the first place we would've won that game without OT:
    https://youtu.be/zGRgb3Kek5U
    Post edited by ehbacon on
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    oh, ed

:bawling:

:wink:

rough weekend in sconnie, for sure.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    sorry....eh, not ed.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    Wobbie said:

sorry....eh, not ed.

i always find it odd when people call me "eh" and not "bacon". I should do a psychological experiment to find out why.

Do you like bacon?
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    I love bacon, bacon.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    edited October 2016
    ehbacon said:

KC138045 said:

ehbacon said:

Wisconsin got screwed over and over again on no call holding. Final score should've been 23-13 Wisconsin.

Also as a resident of Green Bay Wisconsin:

Fuck you overtime. Seriously. Fuck you.

There were bad calls both ways. Just go watch Wisconsin's 3rd down plays. I still don't understand the rule that gave you guys the ball back on that fumble. Who wrote that up and thought it made sense.
    if a player who is out of bounds touches the ball the ball is then out of bounds. Same thing happened in the Packer game a couple of weeks ago, when the ball was near the sideline so our return went out of bands and dove for the ball while still being out of bounds so that the ball would be ruled out. giving us the ball at the 40.

I didn't see a single bad call for the Badgers, a few lucky ones I'll grant you but all of them were valid.

look at the holding on TJ Watt (42) by the right guard at 1:25, how is that missed? On a third down! Should've been a field goal instead of a TD. With that call or if they hadn't cheated in the first place we would've won that game without OT:
    https://youtu.be/zGRgb3Kek5U
    I understand the ruling on the fumble I just think its stupid. I'm not going to try and track down videos but there were at least 3 plays I can remember where the Buckeyes had pressure on the QB and the Wisc. O-line was blatantly holding. With that being said there is holding on every play in football.

And how exactly did the Buckeyes cheat? Don't be salty that the Badgers lost their fifth straight to the Buckeyes on Saturday then on Sunday Zeke ran all over your Packers. :)
    Post edited by KC138045 on
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • ehbacon said:

Wobbie said:

sorry....eh, not ed.

i always find it odd when people call me "eh" and not "bacon". I should do a psychological experiment to find out why.

Do you like bacon?
    Why yes, Mr Bacon, I do like bacon.

https://youtu.be/m8u8Z3bUQfs
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • ponytdponytd Posts: 654
    lolobugg said:

bflynn1 said:

Wobbie said:

bflynn1 said:

Go Hogs!!

Rob,
    Every major college program is paying their players. Not just the SEC
    ponytd said:

lolobugg said:

bflynn1 said:

Wobbie said:

bflynn1 said:

Go Hogs!!

Rob,
    I wouldn't go that far without proof.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• lolobugg said:

ponytd said:

lolobugg said:

bflynn1 said:

Wobbie said:

bflynn1 said:

Go Hogs!!

Rob,
    I tend to agree with him. Not saying the school is paying, though....I think the boosters get in that shit and find ways to give these kids (or their families) money.
    Obviously I am biased but that is one of the reasons why it was such a sham that USC got the ridiculous penalties it did. It was much more about our arrogant asshole of an AD, and his brushing off the asshole convention the NCAA put together to investigate, than it was the actual crimes.
    NCAA is a joke. Kids should get some sort of minimum payment for playing. Don't seriously have time to work (and they are heavily restricted on how much that can work even if they did have time) with the demands of practice and school. They need to be able to have some semblance of a life. (This leaves out the time to eat. If you are a top level athlete like these guys you need to spend a good amount of time every day eating just to balance the weights, exercise, etc...)
    Free school is very valuable and I do not think they should be getting big money....just enough to cover as if they were working a student job at the same time so they have some money to not feel totally broke ass.

lolobugg said:

ponytd said:

lolobugg said:

bflynn1 said:

Wobbie said:

bflynn1 said:

Go Hogs!!

Rob,
    I tend to agree with him. Not saying the school is paying, though....I think the boosters get in that shit and find ways to give these kids (or their families) money.
    Obviously I am biased but that is one of the reasons why it was such a sham that USC got the ridiculous penalties it did. It was much more about our arrogant asshole of an AD, and his brushing off the asshole convention the NCAA put together to investigate, than it was the actual crimes.
    NCAA is a joke. Kids should get some sort of minimum payment for playing. Don't seriously have time to work (and they are heavily restricted on how much that can work even if they did have time) with the demands of practice and school. They need to be able to have some semblance of a life. (This leaves out the time to eat. If you are a top level athlete like these guys you need to spend a good amount of time every day eating just to balance the weights, exercise, etc...)
    Free school is very valuable and I do not think they should be getting big money....just enough to cover as if they were working a student job at the same time so they have some money to not feel totally broke ass.
    F'Me i agree that boosters are the problem. However, i believe that Freeze was complicit in the fact that he not only knew about this but probably encouraged it. no way they were going to get those athletes to go to Ole Miss. anyone who thinks differently is out of their fucking mind.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    ponytd said:

lolobugg said:

bflynn1 said:

Wobbie said:

bflynn1 said:

Go Hogs!!

Rob,
    You haven't seen Purdue play I take it.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Yeah some of these teams just need to save the money if they're paying players haha
    bflynn1 said:

Yeah some of these teams just need to save the money if they're paying players haha

:lol: better bet to play the lotto.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Every single college pays players in some ways.

I played college soccer and had a work study that I had to show up to for 15 minutes a week (if even show up after the first few weeks) and got paid for like 5 hours. Every single college does that kind of stuff.
  • Every single college pays players in some ways.

I played college soccer and had a work study that I had to show up to for 15 minutes a week (if even show up after the first few weeks) and got paid for like 5 hours. Every single college does that kind of stuff.

Glad to hear that. I know others might cry about it but when I went to USC there were many people I knew who played sports.
    The amount of practice time, study table, food table, games, travel to games, meetings, fucking cheerleaders....hardly left any time for work or inverted beer bongs. Know some who loved it and some who didn't and just used it as a way to get their degree.
    Knew a few others who couldn't organize and failed out. (Which is saying something, because those "study tables" had lots of tests and tutors floating to try and make it as easy as they could for those guys.)
    Swimming, Water Polo, Track, Football, Volleyball, Tennis...all the same deal, although some more demanding than others. (I think Soccer was still a club sport at that time, I knew a few girls that played and think it wasn't an official sport there yet at that point.)
    Glad that they paid out for kids. The University makes enough off from Football (or Basketball at some schools) that they should be able to pay for the rest of the sports to do not make (or lose) money.
    edited October 2016

Every single college pays players in some ways.

Glad to hear that. I know others might cry about it but when I went to USC there were many people I knew who played sports.
    The amount of practice time, study table, food table, games, travel to games, meetings, fucking cheerleaders....hardly left any time for work or inverted beer bongs. Know some who loved it and some who didn't and just used it as a way to get their degree.
    Knew a few others who couldn't organize and failed out. (Which is saying something, because those "study tables" had lots of tests and tutors floating to try and make it as easy as they could for those guys.)
    Swimming, Water Polo, Track, Football, Volleyball, Tennis...all the same deal, although some more demanding than others. (I think Soccer was still a club sport at that time, I knew a few girls that played and think it wasn't an official sport there yet at that point.)
    Glad that they paid out for kids. The University makes enough off from Football (or Basketball at some schools) that they should be able to pay for the rest of the sports to do not make (or lose) money.
    Yes, it is not easy. My first year was a disaster. Like struggled to get a 2.0. Once I figured out how to manage it, with help from the team/athletic department, it got a lot better and I was never below or really close to 3.0 after, but it is rough in the beginning. I missed classes on a weekly basis for games. It is not easy for kids to make that up without a ton of discipline. By the end, I didn't really care about soccer and just used it for my scholarship.

It is difficult for smaller schools, but whether through BS work studies or a stipend, players should be getting some sort of money. I figured out how to work in the offseason, but it is very difficult. 8 hours of practice a week, which is often in the evenings when you'd be working plus you are expected to maintain the shape you are in. So think 4 2 hour practices a week plus you are expected to be in the gym and running on a regular basis.

Yes, I got pretty much a free education and that certainly counts for a ton, but for people who don't have help from parents or come from poor places, there is absolutely no way for these kids to get money.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Ask Cam Newton if players are paid. :lol:
    I'm through with screaming
    lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

ponytd said:

lolobugg said:

bflynn1 said:

Wobbie said:

bflynn1 said:

Go Hogs!!

Rob,
    F'Me i agree that boosters are the problem. However, no way are you going to get these great athletes to go to that backwater burg of tuscaloosa otherwise. anyone who thinks differently is out of their fucking mind.
    fixed.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    marquee matchup of the day:

ohio vs kent state.

available on espn3.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    it pains me to admit....but there's ala-fucking-bama and then everyone else in college football :angry:

and jim kelly's nephew sucks.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Holy fuck!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy. My grandfather would enjoy this one
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,745

Holy fuck!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy. My grandfather would enjoy this one

impressive win for Penn State image

Could vault them into the top 25 i would think.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    WE ARE...
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    Pains me to be happy for a university with a history of child rapists to beat a university of shit heads ...
    there is no justification of cheating.

• Wobbie said:

it pains me to admit....but there's ala-fucking-bama and then everyone else in college football :angry:

and jim kelly's nephew sucks.

:lol: you don't like ole Swag Kelly? Yeah, guy's a douchebag.
    I'm through with screaming
    Wobbie said:

like I said.....bama just keeps rolling, while OSU loses and pretenders like arkansas get boatraced.

death, taxes and nick saban :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14