Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    Wobbie said:

Damnit, Louisville.

So disappointed with that outcome. Taters around here are out in full force.
    Was hoping they'd run the table then wallop an SEC team in the playoffs. Clemson will choke at some point, they always fuckin do. I've got no one to root for the rest of this season. "Whoever plays Alabama" is my new team.
    You are going to have a very disappointing season then. =)
    canadians know nothing about football, altho.....hate to say....bama could probably win the Grey Cup.
    Doug Flutie and Rocket Ismael ftw!
  • Options

Damnit, Louisville.

Stupid Tater comes into my office first thing this morning to crow and to tell me how terrible our QB is. I promptly told him to shut up and sent him on his way.
    Which qb was he talking about? Could be either one. I really believe the best qb on the team is redshirting this year.
    Brandon. Are you in the "play Bentley this year" camp?
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115

Damnit, Louisville.

Stupid Tater comes into my office first thing this morning to crow and to tell me how terrible our QB is. I promptly told him to shut up and sent him on his way.
    Which qb was he talking about? Could be either one. I really believe the best qb on the team is redshirting this year.
    No. Definitely not. Right now we don't really have the O-line for a true freshman pocket passer qb to be successful. We barely have a line for a senior qb to be successful. Plus, from all accounts he's still learning the playbook, so I see no upside at all to letting him run for his life right now.

I know it's a little blasphemous among our fans, but I kind of wish he stayed in high school. That way he could have enrolled on January and gone through spring practice. Then the staff could still have the option of redshirting him (getting more class separation) if Mac was going to be the clear starter. If Bentley wins the job next year, it doesn't matter as much either scenario, but it would be nice to have that option available.
  • Options

Damnit, Louisville.

No. Definitely not. Right now we don't really have the O-line for a true freshman pocket passer qb to be successful. We barely have a line for a senior qb to be successful. Plus, from all accounts he's still learning the playbook, so I see no upside at all to letting him run for his life right now.

I know it's a little blasphemous among our fans, but I kind of wish he stayed in high school. That way he could have enrolled on January and gone through spring practice. Then the staff could still have the option of redshirting him (getting more class separation) if Mac was going to be the clear starter. If Bentley wins the job next year, it doesn't matter as much either scenario, but it would be nice to have that option available.
    Awesome, another Gamecock. I can't agree more with what you've said here.
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options

Damnit, Louisville.

Agreed. I'm so tired of these fans calling into 107.5 and demanding Bentley play. If he was better than Brandon, I would think he'd be the one starting. I choose to trust our coaches on that decision. Hell we may not even play on Saturday anyway.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

Damnit, Louisville.

Agreed. I'm so tired of these fans calling into 107.5 and demanding Bentley play. If he was better than Brandon, I would think he'd be the one starting. I choose to trust our coaches on that decision. Hell we may not even play on Saturday anyway.
    love the passion but guys/gals............you have Will Muschamp as your coach...........he ain't no Champ. I will tell you that.
    go SEC. love the passion but................Roll Tide!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

Damnit, Louisville.

Well, I do think Bentley is better. Being behind in learning the playbook really cost him a shot to play this year. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wins the job in fall camp next year.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

Damnit, Louisville.

love the passion but guys/gals............you have Will Muschamp as your coach...........he ain't no Champ. I will tell you that.
    Easy to say being a fan of the Saban machine lol.

Gotta have faith Boom will turn it around and will support the team no matter who is coaching. We may struggle the rest of the year, but at least they're playing like they give a shit this year.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

Damnit, Louisville.

Alabama fans...ugh. I hated myself for pulling for you guys in the NC game but, lesser of two evils I suppose.
  • Options

lolobugg said:

Damnit, Louisville.

Alabama fans...ugh. I hated myself for pulling for you guys in the NC game but, lesser of two evils I suppose.

that's right........you don't want to support that Dabo nonsense do you?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

Damnit, Louisville.

that's right........you don't want to support that Dabo nonsense do you?
    God, no. The only team I hate almost as much as Clemson is North Carolina.
  • Options
    Glad to see UT finally lose a game. That Kamara kid is going to kill us, though.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,671
    looks like Washington is for real. espn may want to take the duck out of its "road to the playoff" commercial.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Utes just had a holding penalty on a 3rd and 40.

yes, 40 :tired_face:

almost wish AZ would have accepted.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    these college football uniform variations are dizzying. real question: is penn state still sticking with their generic home and aways?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F-L-O-R-I-D-A
    S-T-A-T-E
    Florida State Florida State Florida State
    Woooooo!
  • Options
    :face_palm:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    edited October 2016
    Lovie Smith got beat by Purdue. He should have his coaching license taken away.

(Side Note: Purdue has as many wins as Notre Dame. BAHAHAHAHAHA! Boiler up!)
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    I have never been so excited about a coach getting fired as I am for Brian Kelly. Dude is a straight up dirt ball
  • Options
    Was expecting a loss today, but hate those facepalm worthy plays like trying an onside kick and letting the other team return it for a TD. I knew that stupid crap of bringing in 2 kickers to "confuse" the other team would be disastrous.
  • Options

Was expecting a loss today, but hate those facepalm worthy plays like trying an onside kick and letting the other team return it for a TD. I knew that stupid crap of bringing in 2 kickers to "confuse" the other team would be disastrous.

who are you talking about? :confounded:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    University of South Carolina (lost to Georgia)
  • Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243

jms said:

As a Tennessee fan a can't stress enough how much fun these last two weeks have been. Looking forward to traveling down to College Station Thursday night.

It should be a great game but hoping my Aggies can win! College Station is so great, I go down once a year usually. If you need any suggestions or anything while you're there, shoot me a PM.

What a fantastic game. I got sick and didn't get to go but all of my friends that went couldn't say enough nice things about A&M fans or the game experience down there. Maybe we can get a rematch in Atl for the SEC title in a couple of months
  • Options
    ROLL TIDE!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Rutgers had 39 yards of offense. 39! Michigan scored twice as many points as Rutgers gained yards!!
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    lolobugg said:

ROLL TIDE!!!

Good game. Could've been an entirely different ballgame if we just hadn't turned it over so much... Stating the obvious, I know. We'll see if we can bounce back against Ole Piss this weekend. Woo Pig.
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:

lolobugg said:

ROLL TIDE!!!

Good game. Could've been an entirely different ballgame if we just hadn't turned it over so much... Stating the obvious, I know. We'll see if we can bounce back against Ole Piss this weekend. Woo Pig.
    Hey, at least we love the same baseball team!!!
    It was a hard hitting game on Saturday. we came away with a few causalities. always like playing Arkansas because you know it's gonna be a traditional old school ground and pound.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

Rutgers had 39 yards of offense. 39! Michigan scored twice as many points as Rutgers gained yards!!

I feel bad for Rutgers. they may be the worst Division 1 school in the nation.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    lolobugg said:

bflynn1 said:

lolobugg said:

ROLL TIDE!!!

It was a hard hitting game on Saturday. we came away with a few causalities. always like playing Arkansas because you know it's gonna be a traditional old school ground and pound.
    Yeah exactly, Go Cubs!

And yeah I really enjoyed the game the last 2 years when we held a lead into the 4th quarter on you guys. I wish we had your D. I'm a big fan of hard hitting defense. And we just have some sort of mental block when it comes to playing any QB who can run at all. Your RBs looked great too. Also, I kept wondering how many times we were going to let you guys keep completing that same pass play over the middle.
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:

lolobugg said:

bflynn1 said:

lolobugg said:

ROLL TIDE!!!

Yeah exactly, Go Cubs!

And yeah I really enjoyed the game the last 2 years when we held a lead into the 4th quarter on you guys. I wish we had your D. I'm a big fan of hard hitting defense. And we just have some sort of mental block when it comes to playing any QB who can run at all. Your RBs looked great too. Also, I kept wondering how many times we were going to let you guys keep completing that same pass play over the middle.
    The Arkansas game was the one I flagged as a potential Loss. I am not scared of Tennessee. Their D is a joke. I had tickets to this weekends game but sold them as I wanted to stay out of jail. Vols fans don't take well to a good old fashioned ass beating and I think that is what is gonna happen this weekend. A&M is looking good too, but I think their D is suspect. Western Division is tough this year. We are lucky that Hurts has played like a upper classman. I was really worried about our QB position this year. Beliema will get Arkansas back to where they need to be. he is a really good coach.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore