NCAA College Football -

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if UNC rips Clemson a new one. And I think you'd absolutely have to consider UNC for the Playoff should it happen.

I agree they have a shot against Clemson, but that's a ton of teams to leap over.
    I don't really look at it as "leaping over" other teams. And neither should the committee. UNC already deserves to be much higher than they are. Currently there are three 2-loss teams directly ahead of UNC in the committee selection, as well as 1-loss Ohio State who isn't playing this weekend.
    maybe if there weren't two D II teams on their schedule.

clemson loses, bama loses, hello ohio state. :smiley:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I see Ohio State getting in before UNC if it plays out right. But I see your point about leaping over. Each week is its own, TCU last year...winning and falling out
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    Bama is going to get sick of losing to Big 10 teams in these playoff games
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

sure hope so.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Sark is suing USC for wrongful termination.
    I cannot type out what I really think about this as I will be banned from the boards....suffice it to say that I disagree with the notion that his inability to stay sober for work is a reason for him to be allowed to keep his job or get 30MM dollars from the University to go away.
    More bad press for the school.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • imalive said:

sure hope so.
    I'll third that motion! For the love of all things good in this world, do not allow an SEC team to win the title.
    Go Army

Beat Navy
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

I cannot type out what I really think about this as I will be banned from the boards....suffice it to say that I disagree with the notion that his inability to stay sober for work is a reason for him to be allowed to keep his job or get 30MM dollars from the University to go away.

I have a feeling that whole thing is going to get very ugly. Haden seems like a dick, but Sark showing up to work drunk isn't the best look either.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

Sark is suing USC for wrongful termination.

• Hahah, nice Norm.
    The chatter I heard was that Sark signed documents stating he didnt have a problem and denying assistance offers from the Uni...as well as that there was a written warning that if he showed up tanked again he would lose his job.
    Sark, don't go away mad....Sark, just go away.

I have a feeling that whole thing is going to get very ugly. Haden seems like a dick, but Sark showing up to work drunk isn't the best look either.
    Haden is clearly a smart guy but the job with Football the past few years makes him look like a complete fool. He hired Clary Helton? Clay Helton? Hahahaha. If I were a toadie from fUCLA I would be pissing myself laughing. When Mora goes pro they will step in and hire another coach better than Helton.
    College football is 80% athletes and 20% coaching in my opinion....but boy, does that 20% show up on the field a bunch of times a season.
    At least he fired that fool Wilcox.

Haden is clearly a smart guy but the job with Football the past few years makes him look like a complete fool. He hired Clary Helton? Clay Helton? Hahahaha. If I were a toadie from fUCLA I would be pissing myself laughing. When Mora goes pro they will step in and hire another coach better than Helton.
    College football is 80% athletes and 20% coaching in my opinion....but boy, does that 20% show up on the field a bunch of times a season.
    I didn't really follow this ( east coast bias) but didn't the players really want Helton?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717

I didn't really follow this ( east coast bias) but didn't the players really want Helton?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLCziB4aOpY
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    the only people that didn't want helton are the media and fans that don't know any better...this bullshit about how we have to get a "big time" coach...what the fuck does that mean? i'd rather have a college coach that players want to play for instead of some nfl retread or a coach who's ego is bigger than his coaching ability
  • Norm I agree with most of what you share...too much agreement! In this case I disagree....and I only know one other person who graduated from SC who likes the hire. (He is one of those eternal optimists who like every hire....and he didn't go there when I was there, he is about 15 years older.)

I would rather have a college coach that understands how to prepare a team and get the most out of his players than a big name or certainly a player's coach. I enjoyed watching the players get excited but that didn't stop them from going out and trailing at the end of the first quarter for the 7th straight game. SC has the talent, they just need the coach. Love that they rallied the other night but they were outcoached from the jump. (And Stanford was better (or at least as good) so they were able to pull back ahead in the 2nd half.)

I am all in (without a choice of course) to support Helton at this time and hope that he makes a proper hire for his D and O coordinator. If he does that then he can set himself up to be CEO as he wants to be. [I think the past two years with that train wreck of a coach Wilcox has been very painful.]

• How does Dalvin Cook aka the best running back in the nation, NOT get an invite to the Heisman ceremony? I'm not saying he should win it, but he deserves to be there over Derrick fuckin Henry.
  • How does Dalvin Cook aka the best running back in the nation, NOT get an invite to the Heisman ceremony? I'm not saying he should win it, but he deserves to be there over Derrick fuckin Henry.

Really? ZERO chance Cook should be there over Henry. Maybe he deserves to be there, but absolutely not over Henry.

How does Dalvin Cook aka the best running back in the nation, NOT get an invite to the Heisman ceremony? I'm not saying he should win it, but he deserves to be there over Derrick fuckin Henry.

who's dalvin cook? :confounded:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Really? ZERO chance Cook should be there over Henry. Maybe he deserves to be there, but absolutely not over Henry.
    Yes, absolutely, without a doubt, 100%, no ifs, ands, or buts over Henry.

Dalvin averages 2 yrds per carry more than Henry. He's faced as many top 50 rushing defenses as Henry. He leads the NCAA in plays of 20+ yds by a long shot. He is the only back in the last 35 years to rush for 1600 yds and average 7.9 per carry. He's the only back in the nation in the top 15 in TDs, scoring, rush yds, all-purpose, yds per carry, & yds per play (in fact, he's in the top 6 in all those categories). He leads the NCAA in rush yds per game vs. FBS teams with winning records. He won the Jim Brown Award for best running back in the nation.

Zero chance my ass. He deserves it more than Henry by a long damn shot!
  • imalive said:

How does Dalvin Cook aka the best running back in the nation, NOT get an invite to the Heisman ceremony? I'm not saying he should win it, but he deserves to be there over Derrick fuckin Henry.

who's dalvin cook? :confounded:
    Your favorite player on your favorite team.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    edited December 2015

Dalvin averages 2 yrds per carry more than Henry. He's faced as many top 50 rushing defenses as Henry. He leads the NCAA in plays of 20+ yds by a long shot. He is the only back in the last 35 years to rush for 1600 yds and average 7.9 per carry. He's the only back in the nation in the top 15 in TDs, scoring, rush yds, all-purpose, yds per carry, & yds per play (in fact, he's in the top 6 in all those categories). He leads the NCAA in rush yds per game vs. FBS teams with winning records. He won the Jim Brown Award for best running back in the nation.

You're an FSU fan I assume?

Like I said, he may deserve to be there. But to say he should be there over Henry is a little much. If anything, they both should be there.

You're an FSU fan I assume?

Like I said, he may deserve to be there. But to say he should be there over Henry is a little much. If anything, they both should be there.
    I am, but that has nothing do with it. If better stats across the board against the same or similar competition isn't justification that he should be there over Henry, I don't know what is.

I would agree they both should be there. All I'm saying is that Cook and no Henry makes much, much more sense than Henry and no Cook.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    edited December 2015
    So Franklin hires another OC who likes to throw short passes...color me enthused...
    the attendance at a lot of these bowls is telling...

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

That there are too many damn bowl games?
    imalive said:

Any comment on almost blowing a 35-0 1st qtr lead?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• imalive said:

He blames OJ and Al Cowlings.
    I hope the SEC loses all there Bowl games
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• I hope the SEC loses all there Bowl games

I can't imagine a better bowl scenario than that!

imalive said:

"a win is a win"

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14