The wedding thread

Comments

• Lizard wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    When's the big day, HH?
    sorry if you posted it already...
    3rd April... so about 8 weeks left or something! :mrgreen:

Red I know I know... I messed up ok? But I'm back on the wagon now and shoes are the only important thing :mrgreen:
    Oh wow--it IS Soon!!

and shoes should be easy to find!!! ;)
    You'd think! Well I have people to come shopping with me... it's just co-ordinating days that's the problem and it's not much of a problem. I've had a few necklaces loaned to me now so I can try them on with the dress and go for whichever one suits and I've got my something borrowed :mrgreen: or I've seen some really pretty necklaces with blue stones which could be my something blue either!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    so helen is the mexico trip your honeymoon? that is where we're going...on march 20th.

i think we have most of our stuff done. just waiting on the rsvp's to come back in. i gotta get fitted for the tux in the next couple weeks. wanna coordinate with the dj about the music.

the only issue we are having is who to walk the gifts up to the altar. :lol: catholic wedding but most of our friends and family don't seem to be catholic. then there is the issue of asking one of my cousins to do it (i'm not close to them much) and feeling like i am slighting the other cousins......eh, not a huge deal. just something i didn't anticipate.

good luck
    Yep, Playa Del Carmen in May :mrgreen: SOOOOOOOOOOOOO can't wait!

Wow, you're getting really close then! I can't figure out if we need a dj or not :oops: . Our band have said they'll play as long as we want but that's potentially 5 hours... I don't know if anyone would WANT any band to play that long? It might be best they play 3 hours and leave us wanting more and then one of them could do dj for an hour and half or something?

There's a LOT I never anticipated about a wedding :oops: although we don't need gift bearers cos we're just going for the ceremony and not the mass too... but we need to sort out our readings and hymns and stuff. Gift bearers don't have to be catholic though, you could ask anyone to do it and just tell them what they have to do?

unless everyone involved with my wedding is wrong, the gift bearers do have to be catholic. are you sure about that.... :?

you haven't sorted out the music yet? that was one of the first things we did. we got a place that handles dj's, videos, and pictures all together. so the price was real good. at least i think it is. i think our reception, including coctail hour is 5 hours long. 6-11.

where's playa del carmen? we're staying at the excellence resort in the rivera cancun. it's technically not cancun, but rivera maya. kind of in between the two places. these excellence resorts are supposed to be great. smaller than the usualy ones so there is more attention to detail. no kids allowed. couples only. i'm really looking forward to getting down there and relaxing for a week.
    www.myspace.com
  • unless everyone involved with my wedding is wrong, the gift bearers do have to be catholic. are you sure about that.... :?

you haven't sorted out the music yet? that was one of the first things we did. we got a place that handles dj's, videos, and pictures all together. so the price was real good. at least i think it is. i think our reception, including coctail hour is 5 hours long. 6-11.

where's playa del carmen? we're staying at the excellence resort in the rivera cancun. it's technically not cancun, but rivera maya. kind of in between the two places. these excellence resorts are supposed to be great. smaller than the usualy ones so there is more attention to detail. no kids allowed. couples only. i'm really looking forward to getting down there and relaxing for a week.
    I'm sure it depends on your priest as some of them are pretty relaxed these days. Growing up, I'd been to plenty of things where the gift bearers were definitely not catholic so I'm not sure how it worked. I'm pretty sure the priest would have known this too.

Well we've kinda sorted the music.. we've booked the band but we just haven't figured if they're gonna play all night or for some of it and then one of them can do dj for the rest (they give us the option). Our reception starts at about 4 and the residents bar (officially) closes at 3.30am :mrgreen: but usually much later as long as everyone's behaving themselves.

Ah yeh, sorry, we're about 20 mins from playa del carmen, but we're also in Riviera Maya, the Grand Palladium white sands, two weeks... I don't know if I'm actually Capable of shutting off for that long as it will be my first time trying... but I bet we'll manage. You're just over a month away then... are you going straight after the wedding? We're waiting three weeks (to avoid easter) so we're dragging it out as long as possible :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    oh... i wouldn't do mexico

but good luck! :mrgreen:
  • oh... i wouldn't do mexico

I've always wanted to go... those white sands look absolutely amazing... and two weeks 5* all inclusive... a SWIM UP BAR! :shock: Palm trees... the works! I'm so excited... almost looking forward to it more than the wedding :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    oh... i wouldn't do mexico

I've always wanted to go... those white sands look absolutely amazing... and two weeks 5* all inclusive... a SWIM UP BAR! :shock: Palm trees... the works! I'm so excited... almost looking forward to it more than the wedding :mrgreen:

you'll have fun... i'm just trying to start some fun ;)

and mexico isn't my favorite of the places i've been... we did the Barcelo in Mayan Riviera... but it was like 10 years ago... they've had hurricanes and drug issues since... i'm sure it's much better :P

and i looked forward to my honeymoon much more than the wedding ;) now i look forward to my funeral

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
    unless everyone involved with my wedding is wrong, the gift bearers do have to be catholic. are you sure about that.... :?

I'm sure it depends on your priest as some of them are pretty relaxed these days. Growing up, I'd been to plenty of things where the gift bearers were definitely not catholic so I'm not sure how it worked. I'm pretty sure the priest would have known this too.

Well we've kinda sorted the music.. we've booked the band but we just haven't figured if they're gonna play all night or for some of it and then one of them can do dj for the rest (they give us the option). Our reception starts at about 4 and the residents bar (officially) closes at 3.30am :mrgreen: but usually much later as long as everyone's behaving themselves.

Ah yeh, sorry, we're about 20 mins from playa del carmen, but we're also in Riviera Maya, the Grand Palladium white sands, two weeks... I don't know if I'm actually Capable of shutting off for that long as it will be my first time trying... but I bet we'll manage. You're just over a month away then... are you going straight after the wedding? We're waiting three weeks (to avoid easter) so we're dragging it out as long as possible :mrgreen:

yeah our plane leaves at 11am the next day :o .....going for a week. 2 weeks? that's awesome. have fun.
    www.myspace.com
  • yeah our plane leaves at 11am the next day :o .....going for a week. 2 weeks? that's awesome. have fun.
    You too :D obviously let me know how ya get on! Wow, that's a nice way to start married life :mrgreen: it's a bit further for us to fly and to go for two weeks isn't much more expensive than one so we figured we'd go for the two! I'm sure we'll be bored by the end of it though :mrgreen: you doing any excursions? We might do the pyramids if we can, my brother was there years ago and said they're brilliant... but you can't climb them anymore apparently :cry:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    yeah our plane leaves at 11am the next day :o .....going for a week. 2 weeks? that's awesome. have fun.
    You too :D obviously let me know how ya get on! Wow, that's a nice way to start married life :mrgreen: it's a bit further for us to fly and to go for two weeks isn't much more expensive than one so we figured we'd go for the two! I'm sure we'll be bored by the end of it though :mrgreen: you doing any excursions? We might do the pyramids if we can, my brother was there years ago and said they're brilliant... but you can't climb them anymore apparently :cry:

yeah we'll do the scuba diving and stuff. haven't looked into all the excursions yet though.

i do know i will be out on the kayaks multiple times. looking forward to that.
    www.myspace.com
  • yeah our plane leaves at 11am the next day :o .....going for a week. 2 weeks? that's awesome. have fun.

yeah we'll do the scuba diving and stuff. haven't looked into all the excursions yet though.

i do know i will be out on the kayaks multiple times. looking forward to that.
    that sounds fun... I've never been kayaking :mrgreen: might need to do something about that.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    i did a tulum visit and it was cool ... although it's pretty much just walking around ruins
  • i did a tulum visit and it was cool ... although it's pretty much just walking around ruins
    Not NORMALLY my kinda thing but I could do it for a day and if it's something you can only do in Mexico, that's cool. It's just that, going for two weeks, I know we're gonna want to do something one of the days anyway since otherwise we plan 14 days of... well pretty much all the seven sins :mrgreen: . I think we'll wait til we get there though to decide on our excursion. That xcaret thing sounds interesting too!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Have my shoes :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

It was my 'final' fitting today and I tried on one pair of shoes and they were perfect :D so that's that. Have another final fitting in a few weeks. Still need necklace though :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Now we're trying to figure out flowers... my bouquet and the buttonholes I'm pretty clear on and understand :D as for the bridesmaids... 55euro for their bouquets :shock: and I've got 5 of them :shock: We already spend enough on their dresses so this we really can't do. Has anyone seen bridesmaids with single flowers or anything like that? Does/would it work? :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • He does smaller bouquets for bridesmaids at 25euro each so we've now paid the deposit on the flowers. The other half has also paid the deposit on the suits so we're pretty much done now other than sorting out the actual ceremony :D:mrgreen: .

I also brought my shoes home yesterday so now I get to walk around in them for the next 7 weeks :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Had our wedding course today. It was actually really sweet and incredibly valid. Even the other half enjoyed it - he's athiest and had planned on simply pretending to be ok to be there. We both ended up pleasantly surprised... lovely people with great intentions and surprising discussions. It actually helped us get to know and understand eachother even more :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    What's a wedding course?
  • redrock wrote:
    What's a wedding course?
    If you get married in a catholic church you have to do a preparation course to ensure people know what they're getting into. Even the things we've already discussed were interesting though cos it's in an environment where you kinda have to be a bit more serious about things. I didn't think it would be of any point to couples already living together but it surprisingly was!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    redrock wrote:
    What's a wedding course?
    If you get married in a catholic church you have to do a preparation course to ensure people know what they're getting into. Even the things we've already discussed were interesting though cos it's in an environment where you kinda have to be a bit more serious about things. I didn't think it would be of any point to couples already living together but it surprisingly was!

pre cana
    www.myspace.com
  • redrock wrote:
    What's a wedding course?

pre cana
    Nah... engagement encounters :D

Do you have to do one?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Just brought the dress home :mrgreen: have it sitting in front of the rowing machine... how's that for motivation? :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Just brought the dress home :mrgreen: have it sitting in front of the rowing machine... how's that for motivation? :mrgreen:

:lol:

Might be a little late in the day to worry about it though :)
    Claireack wrote:

:lol:

Might be a little late in the day to worry about it though :)
    :lol: True! but it makes me feel like I'm doing SOMETHING! :?

Only one full day of work left :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    oh yeah, i am now officially married.

we had a fucking blast throughout our whole wedding weekend with all our friends and family in town.

true what they say though, it goes by in a flash.

best part of the reception was towards the end when yellow ledbetter was played. the whole room was dancing and belting it out at the top of our lungs. i cannot wait to see the video.

good luck to everyone else!
    www.myspace.com
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561

we had a fucking blast throughout our whole wedding weekend with all our friends and family in town.

best part of the reception was towards the end when yellow ledbetter was played. the whole room was dancing and belting it out at the top of our lungs. i cannot wait to see the video.

:clap::clap:

Congrats :D:mrgreen: Delighted everything went brilliant for ya! When's Mexico?

Any tips?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

Any tips?

mexico was last week!

tips.....bring plenty of sunscreen. :lol:

we didn't venture too far off our resort. we did go to playa del camen--sort of a big mall/mexican flee market kind of place. i got a cool cowboy hat there. that place is pretty cool. our tour was supposed to be 4 hours--but turned into 2 because the bus kept stopping at different resorts to pick up more people. if you go there, definitely make sure you get more than 2 hours to walk around an eat.
    www.myspace.com

Any tips?

mexico was last week!

we didn't venture too far off our resort. we did go to playa del camen--sort of a big mall/mexican flee market kind of place. i got a cool cowboy hat there. that place is pretty cool. our tour was supposed to be 4 hours--but turned into 2 because the bus kept stopping at different resorts to pick up more people. if you go there, definitely make sure you get more than 2 hours to walk around an eat.
    :D Sounds fab... sunscreen is usually the first thing I pack so I should survive... hopefully!

Oohh so it's good for shopping? Sounds good :) Did you enjoy it?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

Any tips?

mexico was last week!

:D Sounds fab... sunscreen is usually the first thing I pack so I should survive... hopefully!

Oohh so it's good for shopping? Sounds good :) Did you enjoy it?

yeah we had a great time.

went parasailing up in cancun one day....the kind where two people can go up together. but they didn't have anything to strap us in. it was like we were up there sitting on a bench or something. i sat down and said "wait a minute, where's the bar or something to strap us in?" the guy just laughed and said "no bar! totally safe! haha!"---not very reassuring. the whole time up there i was planning on what i was gonna do when the thing tippped over. my wife even started crying towards the end. :lol: it was pretty funny though.
    www.myspace.com
    yeah we had a great time.

went parasailing up in cancun one day....the kind where two people can go up together. but they didn't have anything to strap us in. it was like we were up there sitting on a bench or something. i sat down and said "wait a minute, where's the bar or something to strap us in?" the guy just laughed and said "no bar! totally safe! haha!"---not very reassuring. the whole time up there i was planning on what i was gonna do when the thing tippped over. my wife even started crying towards the end. :lol: it was pretty funny though.
    Your wife crying was funny? :mrgreen: wow, what a start lol. Seriously though, those things make the best stories when things go wrong! I'll avoid the parasailing then... maybe just go out on a boat instead or something :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life