Options

Cluthe/Lee - a band born on these boards!

Comments

• Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Good luck tomorrow! Hope everyone gets there safe and sound. Can't wait for the tour. ;)
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Just got the email about the show this Saturday, wish I could be there! Good luck guys and rock the f*@kin Casbah!!!! :D:D:D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    We fly in about 2 hours before showtime tomorrow. Talk about cutting it close. Going straight to the venue from the airport. Not the way I was hoping for, but fuck it! We know these songs and are gonna let it fly boys and girls! We'll have tape rolling so stay tuned...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    We fly in about 2 hours before showtime tomorrow. Talk about cutting it close. Going straight to the venue from the airport. Not the way I was hoping for, but fuck it! We know these songs and are gonna let it fly boys and girls! We'll have tape rolling so stay tuned...

it's going to be a lot of fun, man!!! can't wait to see you guys! and thanks again to you all for your support!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    Best of Luck!!!

Please take pics of the show.
  • Options
    Best of Luck!!!

Please take pics of the show.

thanks! yup---we'll have pictures & i think Chris' wife is videotaping the whole thing as well. hope to have some audio as well...

we're both excited.....time to practice! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    So how did the show go? Inquiring minds want to know :)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:
    So how did the show go? Inquiring minds want to know :)

it was a lot of fun, man!! and a very surreal experience b/c this was the first time we played half of those song while in the same room...and it was live! Chris & Ali's flight was cancelled on Friday, and the next flight they could catch landed in Dallas at 6...and the show was @ 8. we had a few minutes to chat about some of the songs, set up & we were off! i've played a lot of shows, but this was by far the most fun that i've ever had performing! Chris sounded amazing with our makeshift lead guitar setup....it was a lot fun to hear him play these solos/riffs live that i've been hearing on our songs for so long. the weather was crappy, so not a ton of folks in the crowd, but those that were there were great. Brian (Flagg on the board) came with his wife & Chris' parents were there as well...and my lovely wife, Laurel nailed her vocals and it was a lot of fun to play an old song that i wrote just for her called "She." we all went our to eat afterwards & had a great time.

there were a few hiccups on my part, but who cares? :D we had a BLAST!!! there will be a lot of pictures on our sites/pages soon....and Chris' Dad videotaped the whole thing, so we'll have video as well!

THANKS TO YOU ALL!!! your support has been amazing! we'll play some more shows this year & we'll keep you posted! the next thing on the list is to release our 2nd album, Life Can Go. it's copyrighted and my sister is finishing up the artwork. once that's done, we'll release it!

stay tuned for Brian's (Flagg's) review....just hope he's nice! :lol::lol:

thanks again to everyone.....i'm still floating a bit. we had so much fun!

Matt

Chris just emailed me this picture of myself, Laurel & Chris playing "New To Me"....

2011-02-05_20-40-26_692.jpg
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    very cool! :clap:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    :clap::clap: :thumbup: Sounds like you guys had a great time!
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:
    :clap::clap: :thumbup: Sounds like you guys had a great time!

we did!!! i can't wait to see the video! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    :clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    I have two vid's processed. Will post links to them on YouTube in a bit....
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qMVVszwdFc

First song we played called "See You Again." Enjoy! Will have another link posted later on... :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Well, apparently I lost my notes on my fucking iPhone so now I can't remember the song titles or the order.

I missed the first 30 minutes or so because we were stuck at a restaurant. First off it was great to get out of the house and away from the kids after being trapped in there the better part of four days! The weather, as you have all heard I am sure, was super crappy in Dallas during Super Bowl week. I tried to get a few other board members to show up but it was kind of late notice.

I was pretty impressed you guys were able to do that after just working long distance. There were a couple of hiccups I thought, but they were barely noticeable and you definitely grew more comfortable as you went along.

I really wish I had my notes because I went song by song. I will say, Matt, your wife is your secret weapon. She sounded really good on the couple of songs she did. I was thinking she should be your full-time singer, but you guys are great too and having her do a couple of songs like that just kind of elevated it, if that makes any sense.

Immortality was very solid.

Off the top of my head, I remember liking Predicament and Pieces Apart. I though both of those were very strong. Simple was good. There was one song that had kind of a country vibe to it, especially the verses. I can't remember which one but I liked that one too.

The highlight to me was the last song though, Silver Lining. Strong song I haven't heard the full version yet but I am betting I would dig it.

Chris - your parents are super-cool. I thanked your Dad, but thank him again. He pulled a sneak attack the Londoner. Your mother was cracking my wife up with her stories. That was pretty awesome.

For those that don't know them, Matt and Chris (and their significant others) are super nice and deserve your support. I really had a great time!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    thanks a lot, Brian!!! so glad you guys could make it out to the show!! she does have an awesome voice and we'd love to have her sing a bit more...just has to fit the song, you know? hope we get to hang out with you guys again sometime soon!

Chris just uploaded another video for "Pieces Apart" featuring my wife, Laurel on co-lead vocals. it's definitely one of my favorites to play & will be on our second lp, Life Can Go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQrblUkXlcg
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Well, apparently I lost my notes on my fucking iPhone so now I can't remember the song titles or the order.

I missed the first 30 minutes or so because we were stuck at a restaurant. First off it was great to get out of the house and away from the kids after being trapped in there the better part of four days! The weather, as you have all heard I am sure, was super crappy in Dallas during Super Bowl week. I tried to get a few other board members to show up but it was kind of late notice.

I was pretty impressed you guys were able to do that after just working long distance. There were a couple of hiccups I thought, but they were barely noticeable and you definitely grew more comfortable as you went along.

I really wish I had my notes because I went song by song. I will say, Matt, your wife is your secret weapon. She sounded really good on the couple of songs she did. I was thinking she should be your full-time singer, but you guys are great too and having her do a couple of songs like that just kind of elevated it, if that makes any sense.

Immortality was very solid.

Off the top of my head, I remember liking Predicament and Pieces Apart. I though both of those were very strong. Simple was good. There was one song that had kind of a country vibe to it, especially the verses. I can't remember which one but I liked that one too.

The highlight to me was the last song though, Silver Lining. Strong song I haven't heard the full version yet but I am betting I would dig it.

Chris - your parents are super-cool. I thanked your Dad, but thank him again. He pulled a sneak attack the Londoner. Your mother was cracking my wife up with her stories. That was pretty awesome.

For those that don't know them, Matt and Chris (and their significant others) are super nice and deserve your support. I really had a great time!

Thanks a lot! Even though the plans were abbreviated, we still had a great time. Thanks for coming out, we both appreciate it! :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Thanks for uploading the videos from Saturday night!

Fantastic job!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for uploading the videos from Saturday night!

Fantastic job!!!
    Agreed! You guys sounded great live! Well done! :D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    mfc2006 wrote:
    thanks a lot, Brian!!! so glad you guys could make it out to the show!! she does have an awesome voice and we'd love to have her sing a bit more...just has to fit the song, you know? hope we get to hang out with you guys again sometime soon!

Chris just uploaded another video for "Pieces Apart" featuring my wife, Laurel on co-lead vocals. it's definitely one of my favorites to play & will be on our second lp, Life Can Go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQrblUkXlcg

Such a good song. It really sounds great!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Matt and I are back in the swing of things. Working on a batch of 12 new songs, some of which are complete, and others just instrumentals. Some date back to July 2010.
    Matt wrote lyrics and put vocals down to one yesterday called "Said & Done." I like where this one is headed. Has a tone like another one we did called "Red Lights." I'm going to see if I can record a guitar solo somewhere on it tonight.
    Hope to have more videos from our Dallas show posted throughout this week. Looking at posting "Predicament" and "Orwell's Warning."
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    so.....Chris pulled an audible & posted this song....
    called "It's Time"...

hope you like it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8rrOl5ck7o&sns=em
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Chris posted 2 new videos from last weekend's show on YouTube!

here's a song called "Orwell's Warning" that will be on our 2nd album, Life Can Go.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWHxRXbU_RU

and this is a b-side called "Man Of The Mountain" that didn't quite make the cut, but may re-surface on a future release. ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh0FFyqAvw4
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Chris posted 2 new videos from last weekend's show on YouTube!

here's a song called "Orwell's Warning" that will be on our 2nd album, Life Can Go.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWHxRXbU_RU

and this is a b-side called "Man Of The Mountain" that didn't quite make the cut, but may re-surface on a future release. ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh0FFyqAvw4
    "Man of The Mountain"
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Another video has been posted for a song called " She"
    Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Another video has been posted for a song called " She" which Matt wrote with his old band The End Result.

to clarify a bit....
    "She" actually pre-dates End Result. ;) it was a last minute addition to the set b/c i always play it for my wife when i play a show. here's the linky-loo....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYU_9YG4gdA
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Wow! I didn't know that! :shock: What other gems are you hiding amigo?! 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Wow! I didn't know that! :shock: What other gems are you hiding amigo?! 8-)

i have no idea! maybe i should look through the old notebooks sometime! ;)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Flagg wrote:
    I missed the first 30 minutes or so because we were stuck at a restaurant.

facepalm.jpg?1248715065

ahh, i'm just kidding

vids look good guys! Glad you had fun
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    Love this song! Awesome! :D:D
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Another video has been posted for a song called " She" which Matt wrote with his old band The End Result.

to clarify a bit....
    "She" actually pre-dates End Result. ;) it was a last minute addition to the set b/c i always play it for my wife when i play a show. here's the linky-loo....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYU_9YG4gdA

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2