THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Meh well your defensive line was awesome, so there's that. Still way early in the season.

Gonna be crazy if the vikes end up all alone in first in our division after this week
    Honestly, how good do you feel about your team at this point? Because they didn't look all that good to me last night.

But perhaps I'm just bitter about Rodgers and Finley not doing shit for my fantasy teams.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    at the end of the day, both teams are 1-1

neither team looked all the good. packers may want to bring in a catching coach for the receivers. at least 3 flat out drops.

Bears D looked decent, but sometimes a blitz would be a smart thing. just look at blitzburgh to see what blitzing can do. maybe the bears should play some 5-2 d and let 54 play some kevin greene style linebacker

if they can get o line/rb protection problems fixed.....we might just be a singing super bears super bowl all the way to FEB. i still believe.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Bears D looked decent, but sometimes a blitz would be a smart thing. just look at blitzburgh to see what blitzing can do. maybe the bears should play some 5-2 d and let 54 play some kevin greene style linebacker
    Maybe against other teams, but not against Green Bay.

"Rodgers has been the best quarterback vs. the blitz since 2009, with a league-high 114.7 passer rating. He's also first in yards per attempt (9.96) and third in touchdown passes (33) in that time."
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Even ex Bear (and ex Fin) Adewale Ogunleye is getting in on the Jay Cutler bashing:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... line_stack

Personally, while he isn't known to smile or be jolly in front of the cameras, I don't mind it one bit that he gets in his OLINE's face when they give up sack after sack...what's he supposed to do?
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • PJFAN13 wrote:
    Even ex Bear (and ex Fin) Adewale Ogunleye is getting in on the Jay Cutler bashing:

Personally, while he isn't known to smile or be jolly in front of the cameras, I don't mind it one bit that he gets in his OLINE's face when they give up sack after sack...what's he supposed to do?

I have no problem with Cutler getting on his o-linemen, but I think he did cross the line when he bumped Webb the other night. Brady, Manning, Rodgers are guys that are always getting on their teammates when they fuck up and no one makes a big deal about it. The difference is that they have won super bowls and Cutler hasn't won anything. Cutler sure doesn't help himself with the way he is with the media which is why they are so many negative stories about him.
  • Bear re-signed Khalil Bell today. Looks like they are expecting Forte to miss some time. High ankle sprains are usually like 2-4 weeks. With it being so early in the season, no need to bring Forte back until he is 100%.
    Bear re-signed Khalil Bell today. Looks like they are expecting Forte to miss some time. High ankle sprains are usually like 2-4 weeks. With it being so early in the season, no need to bring Forte back until he is 100%.
    Paper was sayi.g 2-6 weeks

Thank goodness for some bush

25 looked liked a midget on his carry thursday
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    so..we are all 1-1 with detroit in action tonight.....

go Niners
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    JTH wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Meh well your defensive line was awesome, so there's that. Still way early in the season.

Gonna be crazy if the vikes end up all alone in first in our division after this week
    Honestly, how good do you feel about your team at this point? Because they didn't look all that good to me last night.

But perhaps I'm just bitter about Rodgers and Finley not doing shit for my fantasy teams.
    No you're right, they didn't look all that great...but their defense was improved from week 1 so that's promising. I honestly don't see them as a Superbowl team this year but again it's still early so anything can happen. I think at the end of the day the Bears were simply outcoached.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    your defense improved because our O line blows. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i just want to say, sunday's without a Bears game is no way to go thru a football season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    PJFAN13 wrote:

I have no problem with Cutler getting on his o-linemen, but I think he did cross the line when he bumped Webb the other night. Brady, Manning, Rodgers are guys that are always getting on their teammates when they fuck up and no one makes a big deal about it. The difference is that they have won super bowls and Cutler hasn't won anything. Cutler sure doesn't help himself with the way he is with the media which is why they are so many negative stories about him.

Apparently DJ Moore agrees with you ;)
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/ ... -was-wrong
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • 81 wrote:
    i just want to say, sunday's without a Bears game is no way to go thru a football season.

True. But watching the red zone channel for 7 hours isn't that bad. I love football.
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    PJFAN13 wrote:

Apparently DJ Moore agrees with you ;)
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/ ... -was-wrong

I like DJ, but if the oline is going to play as bad as it has, he needs to call them out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    in other bears o line news....new starting left guard.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    I like DJ, but if the oline is going to play as bad as it has, he needs to call them out.

Then someone needs to start calling out Cutler in public like that. You're in no spot to say anything to anyone when you throw 4 picks.
  • 81 wrote:
    in other bears o line news....new starting left guard.

I guess we're fine at left tackle. :fp: :fp:
    pretty sure i'm going to hit up the westwood tavern tommorrow for lunch and the jay cutler show on espn 1000

wonder if my buddy silvy will let me ask a question. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:

Then someone needs to start calling out Cutler in public like that. You're in no spot to say anything to anyone when you throw 4 picks.

Maybe after getting sacked 100 times in the last few years, he finally had enough and blew off some steam. They could call Cutler out, but calling out a guy who's been hit more than anyone in football, and a guy who took the Bears to the NFC Championship game followed by a 7-3 season....not so sure a revolt against Jay is a good idea.
  • mca47 wrote:

Maybe after getting sacked 100 times in the last few years, he finally had enough and blew off some steam. They could call Cutler out, but calling out a guy who's been hit more than anyone in football, and a guy who took the Bears to the NFC Championship game followed by a 7-3 season....not so sure a revolt against Jay is a good idea.

I don't think it's a good idea. It's a fucking terrible idea. But if he keeps acting like a whiny little baby, it is bound to happen. Like I said earlier in the thread, I don't mind him yelling at an o-lineman. He crossed a line when he actually bumped the guy like that. And in a game where he's throwing the ball around like a complete asshole, he should probably think about just keeping his fucking mouth shut.
  • 81 wrote:
    pretty sure i'm going to hit up the westwood tavern tommorrow for lunch and the jay cutler show on espn 1000

wonder if my buddy silvy will let me ask a question. :P

Westwood Tavern is a good spot. A little too far for me to hit up for lunch though. I'll definitely be listening...should be an interesting show. I really wonder if he'll be apologetic at all or be his usual d-bag self.
    mca47 wrote:

I don't think it's a good idea. It's a fucking terrible idea. But if he keeps acting like a whiny little baby, it is bound to happen. Like I said earlier in the thread, I don't mind him yelling at an o-lineman. He crossed a line when he actually bumped the guy like that. And in a game where he's throwing the ball around like a complete asshole, he should probably think about just keeping his fucking mouth shut.
    I would have rather seen him yell at Tice than Webb. Webb flat out sucks. The team knows it, I'm sure he knows it. Yelling at him truly wouldn't result in anything.
    Expressing frustration to the guy who CAN change things for the better makes more sense to me. Then again, I just think Jay hit his boiling point. Jay and Martz got into it last year, and they actually did give him better protection and ran a smarter offense because of it.

The whole thing was blown out of proportion in my opinion.
    I like this DJ Moore quote from that Article:

"So it's a tough situation. When you act like that with your own teammates on the sideline, it's just something different that you normally wouldn't do. So you might say it in the locker room or something, but to do it like he did it, it's just weird."

OK, he should have kept it in the locker room. Got it.

Ever think about following your own advice there, DJ?
    JTH wrote:
    I like this DJ Moore quote from that Article:

"So it's a tough situation. When you act like that with your own teammates on the sideline, it's just something different that you normally wouldn't do. So you might say it in the locker room or something, but to do it like he did it, it's just weird."

OK, he should have kept it in the locker room. Got it.

Ever think about following your own advice there, DJ?

:lol:

Cutler today said he shouldn't have bumped Webb, but didn't back off the yelling at him stance.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Cutler today said he shouldn't have bumped Webb, but didn't back off the yelling at him stance.

:thumbup: That's awesome! Did he say it on the radio?
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

:thumbup: That's awesome! Did he say it on the radio?

pretty sure he did...i missed the broadcast..
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Pretty good article by Barnwell to keep all the Cutler stuff in perspective....

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/837 ... r-quarters

I like barnwell, but he tends to overly analytical IMO. His article about SF crashing to earth looks really stupid at this point.

Just a matter of time before we look back and think the same about his defense of jay cutler...the guy who has never won anything. and probably never will

dude has 120 TDs and 91 picks in his career. that pretty much blows, just like his personality does
  • The Fixer wrote:

I like barnwell, but he tends to overly analytical IMO. His article about SF crashing to earth looks really stupid at this point.

Just a matter of time before we look back and think the same about his defense of jay cutler...the guy who has never won anything. and probably never will

dude has 120 TDs and 91 picks in his career. that pretty much blows, just like his personality does

Yeah, Barnwell can be a little much at times, but I liked this article. Just saying that Cutler has great talent, but he's goin to have awful games like that from time to time.
    The Fixer wrote:

go worry about Vick.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    a noon game sunday....fuckin brilliant time to play.....

best beat up on the rams...they are less than exciting. i fully expect a 10 plus point win

#superbearssuperbowl

also, wore my cutler jersey today. fuck the haters.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg