THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Major Wright out with a hamstring injury. Can they just cancel the rest of this game??
    It's not football season without a Major injury
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    81 wrote:
    Let's save the Ohio St. lovefest for another thread.

Urlacher won't even be at the game tonight....still away for "personal reasons". I wonder what that's all about.

Hopefully no injuries with these brutal conditions out there tonight.
    O H :P

I O?
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Yes :lol:

Ofense in mid season form
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Its only pre-season
    Cutler didnt play
    Forte didnt play
    It doesnt mean anything

THEY GOT THEIR ASSES KICKED!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Its only pre-season
    Cutler didnt play
    Forte didnt play
    It doesnt mean anything

None of their money men played, weird line ups,...no big deal.
    I'm only at the second quarter right now (yeah, I know the score). Saw some good things, and lots of bad. Oh well...it's a worthless game.
    Bring on Indy!
  • mca47 wrote:
    Its only pre-season
    Cutler didnt play
    Forte didnt play
    It doesnt mean anything

None of their money men played, weird line ups,...no big deal.
    I'm only at the second quarter right now (yeah, I know the score). Saw some good things, and lots of bad. Oh well...it's a worthless game.
    Bring on Indy!
    Im not even going to bother to watch this...
    I listened to some of it on the radio...
    Pretty pathetic play on both sides of the line tonight...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    So...what's with the new Nike uniforms? They look pretty bad. And I was going to buy a jersey this year.... :?
    Is it me, or does Shea McClellin look more like a LB (a young Brian Urlacher :? ) than he does a defensive end?

Kid has some speed!!
    mca47 wrote:
    Is it me, or does Shea McClellin look more like a LB (a young Brian Urlacher :? ) than he does a defensive end?

Kid has some speed!!

there has been some talk he could take over for urlacher
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Its only pre-season
    Cutler didnt play
    Forte didnt play
    It doesnt mean anything

it was about as vanilla as you can get
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    81 wrote:
    Major Wright out with a hamstring injury. Can they just cancel the rest of this game??
    It's not football season without a Major injury

I see what you did there. That amused me.

I am always surprised when teams play their stars or key players for any significant amount of time during the preseason. The risk of injury for a meaningless game is just too high.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Its only pre-season
    Cutler didnt play
    Forte didnt play
    It doesnt mean anything

Exactly. I lasted about 5 mins watching that game.
  • Keep on drinkin that Kool Aid folks....!!!!

Do you really think it would have mattered if Cutler or Forte played on the offensive side of the ball? That was your starting offensive line the entire first half. THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF!!!!!!! Against the Broncos, the BRONCOS, second string D. If the line can't open a hole for Forte, or keep Cutler off the ground what difference does it make........

Bears biggest concern going into this season......O line.
    Bears biggest failure during the offseason........O line.

Same old, Same old........

0 for 11 on third down!
    Keep on drinkin that Kool Aid folks....!!!!

Do you really think it would have mattered if Cutler or Forte played on the offensive side of the ball? That was your starting offensive line the entire first half. THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF!!!!!!! Against the Broncos, the BRONCOS, second string D. If the line can't open a hole for Forte, or keep Cutler off the ground what difference does it make........

0 for 11 on third down!

you are reading way to much into this. it was a crap effort no doubt, but it was in the first meaningless preseason game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Keep on drinkin that Kool Aid folks....!!!!

0 for 11 on third down!

you are reading way to much into this. it was a crap effort no doubt, but it was in the first meaningless preseason game.

Its only meaningless because we lost.....If the Bears come out, put Manning on his ass and then drive the ball effortlessly down field with the O line overpowering Denver people would be talking about how "unstoppable" this team is......
    I told you before the O line was my biggest worry, and it still is......maybe even more than I thought.

Ask Emmit Smith how important an O line is............our Bears just don't get it.
    Its only meaningless because we lost.....If the Bears come out, put Manning on his ass and then drive the ball effortlessly down field with the O line overpowering Denver people would be talking about how "unstoppable" this team is......
    I told you before the O line was my biggest worry, and it still is......maybe even more than I thought.

Ask Emmit Smith how important an O line is............our Bears just don't get it.

It would be meaningless if they won 31-3. It's the fucking first preseason game. Now if they look like shit in the next 2 preseason games with all of their starters playing, then I'll start to worry.

O line is dfeinitely a concern. But they were on a roll last year in spite of the oline before Cutler and then Forte went down. And now we have even more talent on the offensive side of the ball and an offensive coordinator that is willing to adjust unlike the doucebag Martz.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    mca47 wrote:
    So...what's with the new Nike uniforms? They look pretty bad. And I was going to buy a jersey this year.... :?
    Putting the TV numbers on the shoulders was a good move considering that football jerseys with actual sleeves are a pretty much a thing of the past.

But those "flywire" collars look like shite.

610x.jpg

The o-line is the biggest concern for me as well. That said, it is the same line as last year that came together pretty nicely at the end of the year. It's also the same group of guys who allowed Forte near 1000 yards with 5 games left in the season.

Brandon Marshall played one short series. The guy does tend to "open things up" offensively.
    There were some really bad reads (and open guys) by Campbell and McCown that should have moved the ball had they actually picked them up. Also, this is just as much Cutler's offense as it is Tice's.
    The play calling was conservative to say the least. I thought Ron Turner was calling those plays... :?

The defense looked bad. Lots of guys out of place. Keep in mind, the cover 2 is a very positional and timing based defensive scheme. For them to be a little rusty is to be expected...as it was last year and the year before that in pre-season. Peppers and Urlacher were clearly missed. McClellen looked sharp. I do think he'll eventually play LB. Coming off the line last night, if he couldn't make the first move, he'd get man-handled. it should be fun to see him and Peppers on the field together. Also, when he got steamrolled, it was in short down situations. There is no way he'll be on the field when the other team is in the redzone.

Preseason is tough to accurately gauge anything.
    As others have said, the Bears teams who have had the best seasons in the last ten years also usually had some of the worst records in the preseason.
    JTH wrote:
    Putting the TV numbers on the shoulders was a good move considering that football jerseys with actual sleeves are a pretty much a thing of the past.

But those "flywire" collars look like shite.

610x.jpg

You know, I didn't even notice the numbers on the shoulders as opposed to the sleeves. I mostly noticed those crappy collars. Wow...those are bad! I wonder if I can still order the old jerseys? :?
    i like them except for the collar.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Was that the Cleveland Browns offensive package your boys were running last night 81? That shit was EXPLOSIVE! :D
    Chris Williams back to left tackle? could be.

54 says he will be ready for the reg season....i'd expect him to say nothing less.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

never good to get a knee worked on with less than a month left before the reg season. :fp:

wonder is the rookie is ready to slide into a MLB role. he's got the speed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

never good to get a knee worked on with less than a month left before the reg season. :fp:

wonder is the rookie is ready to slide into a MLB role. he's got the speed.

Yeah, I was just talking to a friend about McClellin. They claim that they drafted him as a DE, but I don't buy it. He's not big enough to play DE.
    I'm thinking we need an 81/AfroAnnie bet on Saturday's Bears/Skins game. Maybe soething involving alcoholic whipped cream? :think:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I'm thinking we need an 81/AfroAnnie bet on Saturday's Bears/Skins game. Maybe soething involving alcoholic whipped cream? :think:

:fp:

betting on preseason games is like dating your sister
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316

Not good at all.

Its going to be tough for him to be in playing shape if he is getting his knee scoped less than a month before the season starts
    81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

:fp:

betting on preseason games is like dating your sister

That sounds like fear to me after watching your offense spit and sputter all over the place last week.
    Jenny McCarthy is back on the market. 8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg