THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Fortes deal seems a little cheap. What's AP or Foster making a year? Either way, hope he's happy and runs for 2200 yards.

Foster is at 43.5 over 5 years
    AP is at 100 over 7 years.
    Chris Johnson is 53.5 over 4
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Tremor ChrisTremor Chris Posts: 231
    Glorious day for Bears fans!!! :D

GO BEARS!!!
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    81 wrote:
    Fortes deal seems a little cheap. What's AP or Foster making a year? Either way, hope he's happy and runs for 2200 yards.

Shouldn't he be up there with foster and Johnson?

GO BEARS!!!

nice to get him signed and into camp......not sure it is glorious level
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Shouldn't he be up there with foster and Johnson?

you could make that case, but bears didn't wanna give a RB a ton of cash...and rightfully so....most RB's are only at the top of their game for a few years. over work them and they crap out and with all the hitting they get...they don't last long.

both sides signed the deal...so i'm cool with it.

lets get this season on.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited July 2012
    Forte after he signed the under-valued contract:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... 4670.story
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    davidtrios wrote:
    Forte after he signed under-valued contract:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... 4670.story

:lol::lol:
  • Tremor ChrisTremor Chris Posts: 231
    81 wrote:

GO BEARS!!!

nice to get him signed and into camp......not sure it is glorious level

Its glorious (for me anyway) not to have this as a distraction going into camp. The Bears have a chance to be a really good or maybe even a great team this year....

But what do I know. They have let me down before! LOL I swear they will be the death of me.... :?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Get this fake cheesehead out of here! :D

Wait...is that...do I smell....could it be....

Jealousy?

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

No, just pointing out that you should be in the sports fan fraud thread! I can respect the real cheeseheads. But someone from Chicago trying to be a cheesehead.... :nono: :nono:
    81 wrote:
    you could make that case, but bears didn't wanna give a RB a ton of cash...and rightfully so....most RB's are only at the top of their game for a few years. over work them and they crap out and with all the hitting they get...they don't last long.

lets get this season on.

I don't think Forte is that elite type of RB like Foster, AP, Johnson, McCoy. He has been very productive the past couple seasons, but the lack of TDs hurts him I think. Only 3 TDs last year before he got hurt I believe.
    81 wrote:

lets get this season on.

I don't think Forte is that elite type of RB like Foster, AP, Johnson, McCoy. He has been very productive the past couple seasons, but the lack of TDs hurts him I think. Only 3 TDs last year before he got hurt I believe.

without looking at stats, off the top of my head, i'd say he is currently a top 5 back...maybe top 3. he does it all. he's got some power, speed, moves...he's not flashy, but he does a solid job at everything.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    without looking at stats, off the top of my head, i'd say he is currently a top 5 back...maybe top 3. he does it all. he's got some power, speed, moves...he's not flashy, but he does a solid job at everything.

Top 3?? That's a bold statement. Maybe top 5. I'd put AP, Foster, Johnson, Ray Rice all ahead of him so yeah, I'd put him top 5. Like I said, the lack of TDs hurts him....he does a lot of things well, but you gotta get the ball in the end zone.
    81 wrote:

Top 3?? That's a bold statement. Maybe top 5. I'd put AP, Foster, Johnson, Ray Rice all ahead of him so yeah, I'd put him top 5. Like I said, the lack of TDs hurts him....he does a lot of things well, but you gotta get the ball in the end zone.

AP is basically out for the year....Johnson slowed down big time...i'd put Forte above both of them today. Befeore he was hurt last year, he was on pace for an all time monster season when you include both rushing and recieving. he was like 45% of the offense or some crazy number like that. he's defianltly top 5.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:

Forte > Rice
    how crazy is all this skilled position talent...arguablly a top 5 RB, top 5 WR (defianltly top 10), and a top 10 QB (potential to move higher). good solid backups at the skill positions.... the defense should be solid.....and special teams should be above average, as always.... i know training camp will be dominated by O line talk, but i'm not super concerned about it. IMO, the new offense will take into account that and move the pocket, audiable, and play to its skill set. unless we see massive fall off on D, or injuries catch up....this team should easily make the playoffs.....and once there, have as good of a chance as anybody else.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,366
    81 wrote:
    how crazy is all this skilled position talent...arguablly a top 5 RB, top 5 WR (defianltly top 10), and a top 10 QB (potential to move higher). good solid backups at the skill positions.... the defense should be solid.....and special teams should be above average, as always.... i know training camp will be dominated by O line talk, but i'm not super concerned about it. IMO, the new offense will take into account that and move the pocket, audiable, and play to its skill set. unless we see massive fall off on D, or injuries catch up....this team should easily make the playoffs.....and once there, have as good of a chance as anybody else.

Love me some Bears.........unfortunately I have two very scary words for you.

Left and Tackle
    81 wrote:

Love me some Bears.........unfortunately I have two very scary words for you.

Left and Tackle

i know i'm nutty, but i'm not overly scared. i think anouther year, a change in coaching and play calling will see that side get shored up. more moving pockets/rollouts help. i think we will also see more RB chip shots on that side. obviously, that's the biggest link....but i think they can play call to cover it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Watched it...brutal...thankfully he can chuck a football
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Except when he gets an ouchie like he did inthe playoffs a couple years ago ;)
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Except when he gets an ouchie like he did inthe playoffs a couple years ago ;)
    :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    I just hope your start WR stays away from stray McDonald's wrappers this year. :fp:
    I will be pulling for a big year from Forte though. He's on my dynasty team :D
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I just hope your start WR stays away from stray McDonald's wrappers this year. :fp:
    :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i know i'm nutty, but i'm not overly scared. i think anouther year, a change in coaching and play calling will see that side get shored up. more moving pockets/rollouts help. i think we will also see more RB chip shots on that side. obviously, that's the biggest link....but i think they can play call to cover it.

Exactly. This isn't going to be how it was with that asshole Martz. No more 7 step drops and the rest of Martz's bullshit. Like you said, I expect to see a lot of rollouts and moving of the pocket....Cutler is very good throwing on the run.
    training camp reports are sounding good. can't wait to start the season

btw....attendance was reported at 10K plus last night. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
    81 wrote:
    training camp reports are sounding good. can't wait to start the season

btw....attendance was reported at 10K plus last night. ;)
    11-5
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    anybody going to be at training camp sunday the 5th?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Need...

Football!

Bearssss!

Bearssss!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    mca47 wrote:
    Need...

Football!

Bearssss!

Bearssss!

BEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!