Options

ILYA KOVALCHUCK STILL A DEVIL!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I'm not sure what constitutes a real fan. I attended my first Devils game back in 1988. I once met Bruce Driver in the stands during a game while he was recovering form an injury and got his autograph on his card from the team trading card set that was given away to kids that night. I have a puck from pre-game warmups that landed on the armrest between me and my brother in the days before the safety nets went up. I've got a Devils jersey in my closet and my cubicle is currently covered with Devils logos. I remember going to games when guys like Sean Burke and Chris Terreri were in goal, guys like Viacheslav Fetisov were on defense, and Brendan Shanahan was scoring 20-30 goals for the team instead of handing out suspensions. Is that outweighed by the fact that I don't post in this thread very often?

I got Fetisov's autograph after I took a leak next to him at the Utica Aud in 87 or 88. He was a nice guy and he did wash his hands. :lol:
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'm not sure what constitutes a real fan. I attended my first Devils game back in 1988. I once met Bruce Driver in the stands during a game while he was recovering form an injury and got his autograph on his card from the team trading card set that was given away to kids that night. I have a puck from pre-game warmups that landed on the armrest between me and my brother in the days before the safety nets went up. I've got a Devils jersey in my closet and my cubicle is currently covered with Devils logos. I remember going to games when guys like Sean Burke and Chris Terreri were in goal, guys like Viacheslav Fetisov were on defense, and Brendan Shanahan was scoring 20-30 goals for the team instead of handing out suspensions. Is that outweighed by the fact that I don't post in this thread very often?

I got Fetisov's autograph after I took a leak next to him at the Utica Aud in 87 or 88. He was a nice guy and he did wash his hands. :lol:
    Did you? :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    DS1119 wrote:

Did he use a pen or was there a misunderstanding due to the language barrier when he said, "Pen is good?"
  • Options
    I find it funny that Rangers fans are suddenly so upset about how hardcore or casual Devils fans are. I noticed it right around the start of the Conference Finals. I work in an area of NJ where the sports fans mostly root for Philly teams and not once have I heard anyone complain about NJ bandwagon fans and Philly sports fans are some of the most obnoxious fans you'll ever find. I only hear it from Rangers fans--and not just here. It reminds me of when people complained the the Devils were ruining hockey with the Neutral Zone Trap. It's odd that people in the NY area get so upset when the Devils do well after they happily dismissed them as a pretend hockey team for so long. Now that pretend hockey team has won more Cups in the last 17 years than the Rangers have in the last 72. Not bad for a team with no "real" fans.

It all started with this. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG2ohgBsotM
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Did you? :lol:

I was 13 or 14 at the time so probably not. :lol: :fp:
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    tickets in the lower bowl for tonight's game are still avaliable on ticketmaster.

weird.

well, not really ;)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i wouldn't pay the 500 a pop that they are asking either. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    81 wrote:

There was a pair in the $300 section for 185 not sure if they query ticket exchange too? If I knew I would of jumped in my truck and headed north earlier. a 4 hour drive 2 hours before the game, not going to make it. :fp:
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    81 wrote:

There was a pair in the $300 section for 185 not sure if they query ticket exchange too? If I knew I would of jumped in my truck and headed north earlier. a 4 hour drive 2 hours before the game, not going to make it. :fp:
    Someone just offered me Heat tickets... I had to explain that it's the Cup. They were like oh, I thought the Devils already won when they beat the Panthers :fp:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    rival. wrote:
    tickets in the lower bowl for tonight's game are still avaliable on ticketmaster.

weird.

well, not really ;)

JOKE JOKE JOKE...BUNCH OF SUCKAS

imagine us ....tickets going for 3,000 easy

stanley cup not sold out :lol::lol:

amazing...wait till fathead retires.....6,000 per game
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

weird.

well, not really ;)

We may not pack the place... but at least we win :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

weird.

well, not really ;)

shame only 4% of the state cares
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

shame only 4% of the state cares[/quote]
    I'm used to being in the minority :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Are the Ranger fans rooting for the Kings?
  • Options
    81 wrote:

a "real fan" would have bought them yesterday and had 28 hours for a 4 hour drive....just saying

the old i didn't have enough time to get there line :fp: :lol:
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I'm rooting for Brodeur.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

i could care less..but sure i would like to see the devils lose

especially with all the ex flyers on the kings :lol:
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

i could care less..but sure i would like to see the devils lose

especially with all the ex flyers on the kings :lol:

well, if you'd like to see the Devils lose, that is a great reason to back the Kings!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    A full day conversation and multiple pages of a dick measuring contest over fandom. Good god.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    A full day conversation and multiple pages of a dick measuring contest over fandom. Good god.

aint much to talk about in yankee land..sadly
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    That is true. Been rough so far.
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Super pumped for the game tonight! Decided to change my avatar back to the Devils related logo for the series.

I am obviously a Devils fan, but the Kings are my favorite western conference team and though I will be super bummed should the Devils lose, I will be super happy for Mike Richards!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

a "real fan" would have bought them yesterday and had 28 hours for a 4 hour drive....just saying

They weren't there yesterday. Douche!
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options

They weren't there yesterday. Douche!

dude ..they weren't sold out at all..im sure u could have gotten a pair or single yesterday for a VERY fair price..so stop it
    if u really wanted to go,,,,you wold be there right now..period
  • Options
    dude ..they weren't sold out at all..im sure u could have gotten a pair or single yesterday for a VERY fair price..so stop it
    if u really wanted to go,,,,you wold be there right now..period[/quote]

When I checked the other day they were sold out. If I could show you the history I would. Maybe someone with infinite financial power would pay $500 for a ticket but, currently I am not there right now. That is a bit out of my range.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    if u really wanted to go,,,,you wold be there right now..period

When I checked the other day they were sold out. If I could show you the history I would. Maybe someone with infinite financial power would pay $500 for a ticket but, currently I am not there right now. That is a bit out of my range.[/quote]

gotcha..lets enjoy the game
  • Options
    Don't know how that went in... But I'll take it :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    fatso just stole the game with that 3rd period
  • Options
    Agreed... Looked a hell of a lot better in 3rd... Fayne blew it
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Agreed... Looked a hell of a lot better in 3rd... Fayne blew it

i thought it went in :lol: