Options

ILYA KOVALCHUCK STILL A DEVIL!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    how do u know they are doing things right against the kings?

sort of tough to say....since they haven't played a game yet
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:

exactly..this is the time to discuss match-ups and what needs to happen and so on

bunch of bandwagon bullshit

we have 20 tickets in my office for tonight ..nobody wants em...customers..workers... nobody ,,,lame
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    81 wrote:

exactly..this is the time to discuss match-ups and what needs to happen and so on

we have 20 tickets in my office for tonight ..nobody wants em...customers..workers... nobody ,,,lame

Sounds like sour grapes to me.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

i find that hard to believe...

i'd go for free even if the rangers/pens/crapitals were involved. stanley cup...are you kidding me?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    81 wrote:

The teams are completely different since the last time they played... They play a very similar game and both are deep through 4 lines .... The both play a forechecking offense to get their defensemen free at the blue line...

I expect De Boer to try and play his game in Game 1 and make major adjustments after getting a good feel about LA's tactics.... They are a much bigger and more physical team than the Devils (similar to Rangers) so its going to take speed to beat them....
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    81 wrote:

i'd go for free even if the rangers/pens/crapitals were involved. stanley cup...are you kidding me?

I'd make my way to Newark for that no question about it. I will be in the arena tomorrow for Radiohead!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    81 wrote:

YEA...IAM LYING ABOUT IT

NO DEVILS FANS HERE ...NOT SURPRISING ACTUALLY
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I'd make my way to Newark for that no question about it. I will be in the arena tomorrow for Radiohead!

why would i or any rangers fans go?
  • Options
    81 wrote:

YEA...IAM LYING ABOUT IT

NOT SUPRISED THAT THERE ARE NOT DEVILS FANS, BUT WHO TURNS DOWN FREE STANLEY CUP FINALS TICKETS. I'D GO REGARDLESS OF WHO WAS PLAYING.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

it's the stanley cup finals for free. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

YEA...IAM LYING ABOUT IT

NOT SUPRISED THAT THERE ARE NOT DEVILS FANS, BUT WHO TURNS DOWN FREE STANLEY CUP FINALS TICKETS. I'D GO REGARDLESS OF WHO WAS PLAYING.

WE ARE 95 % NYR AND 5 % ISLANDERS ...WHY WOULD WE GO?
    ESPECIALLY A 830PM START IN NEWARK ON A WEDNESDAY NIGHT
    I'LL BE SLEEPING BY 10
  • Options
    81 wrote:

it's the stanley cup finals for free. :fp:

WE HATE THEM
    IVE BEEN TO ENOUGH GAMES THIS YEAR
    DON'T NEED TO GO...WHEN I CAN WATCH ON TV IF I CHOOSE

not to mention i could never be surronded by all the fakeness
  • Options
    81 wrote:

YEA...IAM LYING ABOUT IT

Where are the seats?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    81 wrote:

YEA...IAM LYING ABOUT IT

Where are the seats?

ALL DOWNSTAIRS..DONT KNOW EXACT LOCATIONS...BUT ALL TOP OF THE LINE

U KNOW HOW IT WORKS...NOTHING BUT THE BEST FOR THESE JERKOFF CUSTOMERS
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    a true hockey fan would watch the finals regardless of who's playing ... :corn:
  • Options
    To appease neilybabes86. I believe both teams play a similar style of play. Quick has the advantage in skill at this time, but I believe Marty's experience will help equal that out. Hopefully the Power play continues to play well. In game 6 the Devils were moving the puck real well. Same with the penalty kill, I think it is time for the Devils to give the Kings a taste of their own medicine and score some shorties. I think they only have one short handed goal and it was an empty net against the Flyers. My heart tells me Devils in 5, which would be awesome since I will be back home in NJ that weekend, but my head tells me Devils in 7.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    I'm not sure what constitutes a real fan. I attended my first Devils game back in 1988. I once met Bruce Driver in the stands during a game while he was recovering form an injury and got his autograph on his card from the team trading card set that was given away to kids that night. I have a puck from pre-game warmups that landed on the armrest between me and my brother in the days before the safety nets went up. I've got a Devils jersey in my closet and my cubicle is currently covered with Devils logos. I remember going to games when guys like Sean Burke and Chris Terreri were in goal, guys like Viacheslav Fetisov were on defense, and Brendan Shanahan was scoring 20-30 goals for the team instead of handing out suspensions. Is that outweighed by the fact that I don't post in this thread very often?
  • Options
    Is that outweighed by the fact that I don't post in this thread very often?

yes :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

:lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    I'm not sure what constitutes a real fan. I attended my first Devils game back in 1988. I once met Bruce Driver in the stands during a game while he was recovering form an injury and got his autograph on his card from the team trading card set that was given away to kids that night. I have a puck from pre-game warmups that landed on the armrest between me and my brother in the days before the safety nets went up. I've got a Devils jersey in my closet and my cubicle is currently covered with Devils logos. I remember going to games when guys like Sean Burke and Chris Terreri were in goal, guys like Viacheslav Fetisov were on defense, and Brendan Shanahan was scoring 20-30 goals for the team instead of handing out suspensions. Is that outweighed by the fact that I don't post in this thread very often?

We are not fans since we do not post in here. We might as well say we only watch when they Devils play in the finals. I hate the douchebaggery from some fans that question the Devils fan base. I usually watch 95% of the games all year. I post in other boards, Facebook, ESPN, ETC., but since I do not come to the PJ page I am on the bandwagon. I know the truth and the people who know me best know the truth. Ask my wife when I got my daughter a Devils cover for her carrier or when I tackled her onto the couch when they won last Friday, about my passion for the team.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options

We are not fans since we do not post in here. We might as well say we only watch when they Devils play in the finals. I hate the douchebaggery from some fans that question the Devils fan base. I usually watch 95% of the games all year. I post in other boards, Facebook, ESPN, ETC., but since I do not come to the PJ page I am on the bandwagon. I know the truth and the people who know me best know the truth. Ask my wife when I got my daughter a Devils cover for her carrier or when I tackled her onto the couch when they won last Friday, about my passion for the team.
    Dude, you do not need to explain yourself to anyone!!
    Just wear your jersey tonight and scream your head off :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Aw crap. Did I mention I went to the same high school as JIm Dowd? That's gotta count for something!
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Aw crap. Did I mention I went to the same high school as JIm Dowd? That's gotta count for something!
    That that you can name Jim Dowd is good enough :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    the definition of a real fan is to have a thread on a rock bands website and you must talk incessantly about every minutia of the team...don't you guys know this? ;) :P :lol::lol:

:corn:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    the definition of a real fan is to have a thread on a rock bands website and you must talk incessantly about every minutia of the team...don't you guys know this? ;) :P :lol::lol:

We still need a bet...

I am willing to post a jew fro picture from back in the day if we lose... what ya got? :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    norm wrote:

We still need a bet...

I am willing to post a jew fro picture from back in the day if we lose... what ya got? :lol:

man, that alone is worth the kings winning! :lol::lol:

let me think on this...meeting with a client right now but i'll get back to ya :think:
  • Options
    I find it funny that Rangers fans are suddenly so upset about how hardcore or casual Devils fans are. I noticed it right around the start of the Conference Finals. I work in an area of NJ where the sports fans mostly root for Philly teams and not once have I heard anyone complain about NJ bandwagon fans and Philly sports fans are some of the most obnoxious fans you'll ever find. I only hear it from Rangers fans--and not just here. It reminds me of when people complained the the Devils were ruining hockey with the Neutral Zone Trap. It's odd that people in the NY area get so upset when the Devils do well after they happily dismissed them as a pretend hockey team for so long. Now that pretend hockey team has won more Cups in the last 17 years than the Rangers have in the last 72. Not bad for a team with no "real" fans.
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    So I guess it's a given that the Devils will forfeit this year's first round pick as per the condition of their Kovalchuck cap circumvention.
  • Options
    So I guess it's a given that the Devils will forfeit this year's first round pick as per the condition of their Kovalchuck cap circumvention.
    That would be a good assumption...

Still don't get that one... Was all the other contracts grandfathered?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    That would be a good assumption...

Still don't get that one... Was all the other contracts grandfathered?
    It was because of their first attempt to sign him which the league nullified due to blatant circumvention. They then signed him to a more legal contract and then the league updated their rule.