10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    My Elite Series 2 controller arrived yesterday and the A button doesn't register if you press it from a certain position/angle.  Looks to be a common problem, back it goes.
    Megathread on Reddit doesn't paint a very rosy picture.  Mostly button issues of one type or another, some involve sticking which goes away with use.
    I ordered a replacement but it's a no exceptions thing, but if it isn't working 100% I'm returning it and will stick with the regular controller.
  • Options
    Alan Wake Xbox One
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Decided to try Modern Warfare because I hadn't played COD in a few years.  Always liked what Infinity Ward did.  So far the campaign is a blast.  Might dip into multiplayer after I finish it.
  • Options
    Alan Wake Xbox One
    One Xbox Wake Alan
  • Options
    Guy I know and his friend built a life-sized Nintendo Gameboy and raised some cash for charity:
    Pretty Awesome!

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5347769
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Jason P said:
    Alan Wake Xbox One
    One Xbox Wake Alan
    Wake One Xbox Alan
  • Options
    Just played Modern Warfare MP ... it is much more slow paced then previous COD games which I like.  First match got dropped in with level 50 players so I was pretty much target practice but I did waste one of those mofos. 
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Jason P said:
    Decided to try Modern Warfare because I hadn't played COD in a few years.  Always liked what Infinity Ward did.  So far the campaign is a blast.  Might dip into multiplayer after I finish it.
    I haven't played a COD in many many years.  For a brief second I thought about getting the new one.
    Pretty sure I"m going to get the new Luigi's Mansion instead.  hahaha
  • Options
    That new Star Wars game does not excite me for whatever reason.  Mainly I'm not a huge button masher brawler fan.  

I wish they would focus on a semi-flight simulator maybe along the lines of Ace Combat but with X-Wing fighters.   Or a proper airspeeder run on AT ATs.
  • Options
    Outer Worlds is pretty good so far.  I finally got through the first main mission and it looks like the game is about to open up ... the first part is kind of a slog if you are like me and are checking every nook and cranny and trying to figure out the stats and level up perks.  It is a game I can see being played twice with complete different experiences.  My character has extra abilities in charm and intelligence, so I'm able to talk my way through a lot of trouble but my other stats complement a stealth sniper.  I had to forsake my melee and endurance stats but you can have two companions so they can just tank for me.  

You can make a stat like Intelligence below-average to boost another stat like charm, but suffer major penalties to Intelligence.  But I guess if you do that you will have below average responses in dialog which is supposed to lead to a wacky story line.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965
    MayDay10 said:
    get him to dish us some juicy info on the next elder scrolls game

MayDay10 said:
    Also, very intrigued on the new Fallout coming out.  Seems to be about a control vault, like 200 years before Fallout 3, and takes place in Virginia/West Virginia
    he's actually working on Fallout 76.  not sure what he did exactly.  I'll have to ask him next time i talk to him.  Trailer looks good i suppose.  I'm not a huge gamer though so not sure what the other fallout games are like.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9FGaan35s0&t

Hearing it's getting really bad reviews.
    My friend is done working on Fallout 76 finally. He said he's working on a new game called Starfield now. No idea what it is about or anything.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    get him to dish us some juicy info on the next elder scrolls game

MayDay10 said:
    Also, very intrigued on the new Fallout coming out.  Seems to be about a control vault, like 200 years before Fallout 3, and takes place in Virginia/West Virginia
    he's actually working on Fallout 76.  not sure what he did exactly.  I'll have to ask him next time i talk to him.  Trailer looks good i suppose.  I'm not a huge gamer though so not sure what the other fallout games are like.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9FGaan35s0&t

Hearing it's getting really bad reviews.
    My friend is done working on Fallout 76 finally. He said he's working on a new game called Starfield now. No idea what it is about or anything.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Jason P said:
    Just played Modern Warfare MP ... it is much more slow paced then previous COD games which I like.  First match got dropped in with level 50 players so I was pretty much target practice but I did waste one of those mofos. 
    I need to stick with this game a bit.  I like it but damn I don't think I got one kill in my first war match.  Most of the time I didn't even see where the fuckers were shooting me from.

I still yearn for the original Xbox Ghost Recon game.  In that game you could get a sniper rifle and lay waste to the other team as they spawned since the spawn zones never changed.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Jason P’s Game of the Year

MLB The Show 19

This is one of my easiest picks for game of the year in quite some time.  MLB The Show 19 is the best sports simulator ever.  And I’m not even a huge baseball guy, although that changed over the course of this summer due to this game.  My knowledge and respect for the game has increased 2x due to playing this game.

The amount of detail and realism is outstanding.  Each player’s swing / pitch, demeaner and personality shines through.  The crowds look amazing and realistic … I tried playing Madden and couldn’t get over the fake crowd from distracting me … lazy programming by EA.  

There are multiple control schemes that work well for how you want to play the game.  Two of my friends got hooked on this game and each of us uses a different pitching mechanic.  I use the analog sticks and can pinpoint pitches wherever I want but can’t use the 3-point-click mechanic to save my life … one of my friends is the exact opposite. 

The amount of content is superb as well.  Sony is putting out new challenges and content every month for free.  There is no DLC.  I’ve played an absurd amount of games and have yet to even play online.  But if you like online there is a ton of modes there too.  One of the best things is that there are plenty of modes and challenges that are 3 inning games.  There are modes to play a season that drops you in at key moments so you can play a season in 10 hours.  And if you like playing 9 inning games there are plenty of modes as well.  The point being, you can play this game how you choose to enjoy it.

It’s fun building your team.  There are challenges that unlock players for free.  There is a auction market that makes it easy to acquire new players without ever feeling the need to pay money to unlock the players … Sony even has a statement that pretty much states that it’s foolish to pay real money to get in-game currency but that they will not stop you if you choose to.  It’s pretty much the exact opposite of what EA and 2K are doing.  I don’t feel someone is going to have an advantage if they decide to spend $1000 because you can put together a killer team for nothing.

I’ve bought this series in the past and have been impressed by it, but it never really hooked me.  The planets aligned for this year’s iteration.  This game has been out for 9 months and I’m still playing it on a regular basis. 

side note:  interestingly enough, Sony will be developing this game for multiple platforms in 2021
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    Bought myself a Switch Lite and about six games for Christmas.  Havent put it down.  Some really good indie games
  • Options
    I've been playing Fallout 76 again.  It keeps drawing me back.  I got some mutations in the game that allow me to jump around 3x higher then normal and move super fast.  It's quite amazing to play in the Fallout universe with these advantages.  The mutations have some downsides but jumping really opens things up.  I combined it with some perk cards that take away fall damage and I can pretty much jump off a cliff without fear.  good times.
  • Options
    I bought the original Final Fantasy 7 as it was on sale on Xbox and after 23 years...it's still my favourite game of all time.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Rygar said:
    I bought the original Final Fantasy 7 as it was on sale on Xbox and after 23 years...it's still my favourite game of all time.
    Mine as well!  I still have my original black-back PS1 discs and the promo shirt for pre-ordering back when it was Electronics Boutique! 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I picked up Out of the Park Baseball 20 for the PC this past weekend.

As a life-long sports-sim guy who still plays Strat O Matic, I have to say I am very impressed so far.  Not really a video game so much as a baseball sandbox.
  • Options
    Rygar said:
    Mine as well!  I still have my original black-back PS1 discs and the promo shirt for pre-ordering back when it was Electronics Boutique! 
    Nice!  Did the shirt show Cloud standing there with his buster sword across his shoulder?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    There is some rumors out there that PS5 will be fully backwards-compatible.

Honestly, it sounds dumb, but that is priority #1 for me.  If its true, I will likely be a pre-order.  If its not, Ill probably wait a few years for the price to drop and the unit to get sleeker, quieter, and more storage.  I just want to pop in NCAA 14 or MVP Baseball 2005, or any of my PS1, 2, 3, or 4 collection to play in one system with the 5.  I still like old games.  I know I can just dust off and plug in those systems, but it isnt convenient.  It would also be nice to have internal storage for save-games.

#2 is cost, of course.  Not going to pay a ton.

#3 feature is large internal storage, or at least easy and cheap add-on options.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Rygar said:
    Rygar said:
    Nice!  Did the shirt show Cloud standing there with his buster sword across his shoulder?
    Yep, this one:

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    There is some rumors out there that PS5 will be fully backwards-compatible.

Honestly, it sounds dumb, but that is priority #1 for me.  If its true, I will likely be a pre-order.  If its not, Ill probably wait a few years for the price to drop and the unit to get sleeker, quieter, and more storage.  I just want to pop in NCAA 14 or MVP Baseball 2005, or any of my PS1, 2, 3, or 4 collection to play in one system with the 5.  I still like old games.  I know I can just dust off and plug in those systems, but it isnt convenient.  It would also be nice to have internal storage for save-games.

#2 is cost, of course.  Not going to pay a ton.

#3 feature is large internal storage, or at least easy and cheap add-on options.
    I read where Microsoft is trying to shake the whole "generation" concept and going more an Apple route (where they can sell you an upgrade every year instead of every 5-8 years).  I'm hoping that either Sony or Microsoft make is possible for easy upgrades i.e. like a PC.  

In regards to any old sports titles (or any game that has licenses), I've got some baaaad news.  Shit don't work.  I was all excited to play Tiger Woods and NCAA football on the Xbox One only to have my dreams dashed.
  • Options
    Any High Score Girl fans in here? 
    So much nostalgia, always gets me going to the used shops looking for retro gems.
  • Options
    Started playing Dreams on PS4 last night.  This is a game (?) that flew under my radar but is getting exceptional reviews.  It's $40 so I decided to give it a try ...  first impressions are ....

• Options
    Been playing MLB The Show 20 non-stop the last 24 hours under my, uhh ... self-quarantine ... yeah, that's the ticket

MLB 19 being my 2019 Game of the Year winner, I didn't have really big expectations going into the final year of gen eight systems except for a refinement ... and that is essentially what MLB 20 is.  Hitting has improved.  The PCI (hitting zone indicator) makes more sense, the feedback of the swing after each pitch makes sense of why a hit didn't go as well as you thought, and improved user interface make for a much more enjoyable hitting interface.

Other then that it is pretty much the exact same game.  Graphics look identical.  Menus are near identical.  There are a few new game modes.  Franchise mode is supposed to have a big overhaul with minor teams (AAA and AA(?)) and you are supposed to use dynasty players. 

So pretty much the game of the year from 2019 with refinement.  Recommended Buy but if you are a casual fan you can get MLB 19 for dirt cheap   

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    Jason P said:
    Been playing MLB The Show 20 non-stop the last 24 hours under my, uhh ... self-quarantine ... yeah, that's the ticket

MLB 19 being my 2019 Game of the Year winner, I didn't have really big expectations going into the final year of gen eight systems except for a refinement ... and that is essentially what MLB 20 is.  Hitting has improved.  The PCI (hitting zone indicator) makes more sense, the feedback of the swing after each pitch makes sense of why a hit didn't go as well as you thought, and improved user interface make for a much more enjoyable hitting interface.

Other then that it is pretty much the exact same game.  Graphics look identical.  Menus are near identical.  There are a few new game modes.  Franchise mode is supposed to have a big overhaul with minor teams (AAA and AA(?)) and you are supposed to use dynasty players. 

So pretty much the game of the year from 2019 with refinement.  Recommended Buy but if you are a casual fan you can get MLB 19 for dirt cheap   

Thanks for the feedback. Gonna stick with '19 then.
  • Options
    Final Fantasy VII Remake  is out this coming friday
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    Jason P said:
    Final Fantasy VII Remake  is out this coming friday
    Cant wait