The video game thread.

1798081828385»

Comments

  • Jason PJason P Posts: 17,785
    George RR Martin is consulting with From Software on an upcoming game. That is the studio behind Dark Souls and Sekiro. No word if it is based on GOT.  Nevertheless this is very, very, very good news!  They would have been a top 3 choice although I wouldn’t have suspected them as their games have great stories but it is up to the player to find and interpret the story... no hand holding and prescricpted cutscenes. 


  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 9,880
    Jason P said:
    George RR Martin is consulting with From Software on an upcoming game. That is the studio behind Dark Souls and Sekiro. No word if it is based on GOT.  Nevertheless this is very, very, very good news!  They would have been a top 3 choice although I wouldn’t have suspected them as their games have great stories but it is up to the player to find and interpret the story... no hand holding and prescricpted cutscenes. 


    That's good.  The other GOT game is basically a 'choose your own adventure' book.

    In other news, a hack was created for the newest PS Vita software, so I was able to install all my retro games on that as well.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 17,785
    MayDay10 said:
    Jason P said:
    George RR Martin is consulting with From Software on an upcoming game. That is the studio behind Dark Souls and Sekiro. No word if it is based on GOT.  Nevertheless this is very, very, very good news!  They would have been a top 3 choice although I wouldn’t have suspected them as their games have great stories but it is up to the player to find and interpret the story... no hand holding and prescricpted cutscenes. 


    That's good.  The other GOT game is basically a 'choose your own adventure' book.

    In other news, a hack was created for the newest PS Vita software, so I was able to install all my retro games on that as well.
    I tried to buy that game from Telltale software a few weeks ago but the studio shut down and they pulled the game from the PS4 and Xbox storefronts.  I looked at buyin a used physical disc but I guess they don’t have all the chapters on the disc and force you to download them.  

    Speaking of retro games, if you like Out Run and the SNES Top Gear, check out Horizon Chase Turbo.  New game with HD retro graphics and soundtrack.  It’s on sale for around $10 on PS4 and Xbox right now.  
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 9,880
    Jason P said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Jason P said:
    George RR Martin is consulting with From Software on an upcoming game. That is the studio behind Dark Souls and Sekiro. No word if it is based on GOT.  Nevertheless this is very, very, very good news!  They would have been a top 3 choice although I wouldn’t have suspected them as their games have great stories but it is up to the player to find and interpret the story... no hand holding and prescricpted cutscenes. 


    That's good.  The other GOT game is basically a 'choose your own adventure' book.

    In other news, a hack was created for the newest PS Vita software, so I was able to install all my retro games on that as well.
    I tried to buy that game from Telltale software a few weeks ago but the studio shut down and they pulled the game from the PS4 and Xbox storefronts.  I looked at buyin a used physical disc but I guess they don’t have all the chapters on the disc and force you to download them.  

    Speaking of retro games, if you like Out Run and the SNES Top Gear, check out Horizon Chase Turbo.  New game with HD retro graphics and soundtrack.  It’s on sale for around $10 on PS4 and Xbox right now.  
    They were all free on PS+ I believe months ago.  I grabbed them.  Played for a few hours, but lost interest and never picked it up again.

    It really wasnt bad.  Added depth to GOT and the content is halfway decent and well thought out...  But like I said, the game was largely Choose Your Own Adventure.  Choose what you say to this person, press X now.  Press Y rapidly.  No try again, but press it rapidly.... etc.  Not really my type of game.

    Would love a GOT game with Skyrim layout/freedom/mechanics


  • Jason PJason P Posts: 17,785
    Yeah, a Bethesda game would be awesome although I’m fine with them focusing on the Elder Scrolls universe.  Although it would unite the trifecta of haters.  Book haters, show haters and now video game haters. hate!  hate!  hate!  

    A 4x GOT game would be pretty awesome as well as a good RTS, which is a genre that needs revived anyway. 

    I saw saw an article that the Martin / From Software game may be based on Norse mythology. 
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,174
    edited May 29
    Kojima has lost his mind and I couldnt be more intrigued...


    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 12,586
    After watching that trailer, I kind of feel the same.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 17,785
    Sony making one last push to sell some PS4 Pros with that game.  Must resist until PS5 release next year!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 17,785
    I think I've been obsessed with MLB The Show 19 more than any game in five years.  I'm putting Skyrim / Fallout time into this game.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 12,586
    Jason P said:
    I think I've been obsessed with MLB The Show 19 more than any game in five years.  I'm putting Skyrim / Fallout time into this game.
    Haven't played a "show" in a few years.  Is this year's that good?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 9,880
    the last 12 for the Sega mini.... 2 more than previously listed

    • Tetris
    • Darius
    • Virtua Fighter 2
    • Alisia Dragoon
    • Monster World 4
    • Kid Chameleon
    • Road Rash 2
    • Eternal Champions
    • Columns
    • Dynamite Headdy
    • Strider
    • Light Crusader
    full list:

    • Sonic the Hedgehog
    • Ecco the Dolphin
    • Castlevania: Bloodlines
    • Space Harrier 2
    • Shining Force
    • Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
    • ToeJam & Earl
    • Comix Zone
    • Altered Beast
    • Gunstar Heroes
    • Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
    • World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
    • Thunder Force 3
    • Super Fantasy Zone
    • Shinobi 3
    • Streets of Rage 2
    • Earthworm Jim
    • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    • Contra: Hard Corps
    • Landstalker
    • Mega Man: The Wily Wars
    • Street Fighter 2: Special Champion Edition
    • Ghouls ’n Ghosts
    • Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
    • Beyond Oasis
    • Golden Axe
    • Phantasy Star 4: The End of the Millennium
    • Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball
    • Vectorman
    • Wonder Boy in Monster World
    • Tetris
    • Darius
    • Road Rash 2
    • Strider
    • Virtua Fighter 2
    • Alisia Dragoon
    • Kid Chameleon
    • Monster World 4
    • Eternal Champions
    • Columns
    • Dynamite Headdy
    • Light Crusader
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,524
    Count me in for the Genesis Mini!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,174
    This just might be decent if they do it right


    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 17,785
    It’s confirmed that George RR Martin and From Software are working on a game!  Not set in GOT though which is probably a good thing so they don’t have constraints in game design.  

    Elden Ring
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 17,785
    There are deals galore on Xbox and PS4 right now.  
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 17,785
    Blair Witch game is you running around with a camcorder and not being able to see anything while someone chases you around the woods at night with a dirty mop. 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 5,774
    Jason P said:
    Blair Witch game is you running around with a camcorder and not being able to see anything while someone chases you around the woods at night with a dirty mop. 
    Hilarious!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 5,774
    MayDay10 said:
    the last 12 for the Sega mini.... 2 more than previously listed

    • Tetris
    • Darius
    • Virtua Fighter 2
    • Alisia Dragoon
    • Monster World 4
    • Kid Chameleon
    • Road Rash 2
    • Eternal Champions
    • Columns
    • Dynamite Headdy
    • Strider
    • Light Crusader
    full list:

    • Sonic the Hedgehog
    • Ecco the Dolphin
    • Castlevania: Bloodlines
    • Space Harrier 2
    • Shining Force
    • Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
    • ToeJam & Earl
    • Comix Zone
    • Altered Beast
    • Gunstar Heroes
    • Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
    • World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
    • Thunder Force 3
    • Super Fantasy Zone
    • Shinobi 3
    • Streets of Rage 2
    • Earthworm Jim
    • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    • Contra: Hard Corps
    • Landstalker
    • Mega Man: The Wily Wars
    • Street Fighter 2: Special Champion Edition
    • Ghouls ’n Ghosts
    • Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
    • Beyond Oasis
    • Golden Axe
    • Phantasy Star 4: The End of the Millennium
    • Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball
    • Vectorman
    • Wonder Boy in Monster World
    • Tetris
    • Darius
    • Road Rash 2
    • Strider
    • Virtua Fighter 2
    • Alisia Dragoon
    • Kid Chameleon
    • Monster World 4
    • Eternal Champions
    • Columns
    • Dynamite Headdy
    • Light Crusader
    Pretty sweet list. I always enjoyed playing Kid Chameleon while my parents were shopping at department stores.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 9,880
    https://kotaku.com/konami-announces-the-turbografx-16-mini-1835430762?fbclid=IwAR3kE3uJOyk9xkAwDdixMNtQn2H7MOfTOxyQjlo8tVBIbEBk6SyM0IRqjwk

    Hey, if Nintendo and Sega can do it, then Konami can too. In a surprise E3 announcement, the company is releasing a miniature version of the classic 90s Turbografx-16 console, called the Turbografx-16 mini.

    If you’re wondering why Konami is handling this, the original console was a joint effort between NEC and Hudson. Konami became Hudson’s parent company in 2005 and then absorbed its operations in 2012, meaning it owns the brand and all its properties.

    Six titles have been announced so far for North America/Europe:

    • R-Type
    • Ys Book I & II
    • New Adventure Island
    • Ninja Spirit
    • Alien Crush
    • Dungeon Explorer


  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,524
    I didn't get into Turbografx, but I am familiar with R Type since it hit other consoles.  I'll have to look into the games as they're released.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 9,880
    I never owned one.  My friend did, and as adults we played a cool racing game called Moto Rotor (roader?).  

    I will probably get one, just for completionists sake of owning all the minis
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,524
    That's the spirit!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 17,785
    I got Fallout 76 in PS4 (base model) since it was on sale and I was curious to see the difference in performance compared to the Xbox One X.  It looks pretty good on PS4 but there is pop up on graphics.  

    Its been about 4 months since I last played and Bethesda is definitely supporting and expanding this game as there were noticeable improvements since I last played.   

    I’ve had a lot of fun playing this game.  
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 12,586
    Jason P said:
    I got Fallout 76 in PS4 (base model) since it was on sale and I was curious to see the difference in performance compared to the Xbox One X.  It looks pretty good on PS4 but there is pop up on graphics.  

    Its been about 4 months since I last played and Bethesda is definitely supporting and expanding this game as there were noticeable improvements since I last played.   

    I’ve had a lot of fun playing this game.  
    I haven't played this, but my experience with anything "Bethesda" more or less means jacked up graphics and gameplay.  
    I love the Fallouts, but I go in knowing to not have high expectations.  
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,524
    What's everyone picking up on E3 sales?

    I just got a New 3DS XL at a Pawn Shop a month ago and have been building my collection.  Final Fantasy Explorers and New Super Mario Bros 2 are on sale on the Eshop, might grab those.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 13,300

    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 9,880
    that looks great
Sign In or Register to comment.