Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    ElEl Posts: 139
    So I just finished some time ago FF7 remake, and it was a little underwhelming. Lots of filler and fetching. But the parts where they focused on content from the original, or expanded on characters was great! 

Now, I hope that The Last of Us 2 will be as great as the first one, just a few more weeks!
    Music is what feelings sound like.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    El said:
    So I just finished some time ago FF7 remake, and it was a little underwhelming. Lots of filler and fetching. But the parts where they focused on content from the original, or expanded on characters was great! 

Now, I hope that The Last of Us 2 will be as great as the first one, just a few more weeks!
    I heard some comments about filler :(
    I'll probably be dead by the time they finish covering the entire game!
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    All signs point to the Series X being a steal at $500 while people are wondering if Sony will be able to get the cost under $700.  The graphic processor in the series X is a the mid-upper range AMD Ryzen graphics card for PC gaming ... that alone cost over $400.   Everything I'm seeing puts the components in the series X equal to about $1000 if you were to build your own PC ... that is the performance I'm expecting.  It's going to be able to run 120 FPS at at least 4K if not 8K.  It will be a beast.
    Interesting.  I haven't been paying too much attention to the details.  I figure at the end of the day you're safeish with either one, everyone I game with is sticking with Xbox so I will be as well.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
  • Options
    That looks great!
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    El said:

My hopes are so high for The Last Of Us 2 that it will have to be the greatest game of all time to meet them , I think it will be.

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    FF7 definitely had filler.  They took the first level of the game and made it a 30 hr game.  Some of those long walks were a little too long ..........but wow the actual game part was AMAZING.  
  • Options
    Pre-ordered The Last of Us 2.  
    Gonna play the first one again before the new one comes out.  Was easily one of my favorite games of all time.
    It was weird, after I played through the first one, I never had the desire to play it again.  For one of my favorite games, I was content with a single play-through.
    Since 2 is coming out soon, I figured I'd give it another go.
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    Gonna play the first one again before the new one comes out.  Was easily one of my favorite games of all time.
    It was weird, after I played through the first one, I never had the desire to play it again.  For one of my favorite games, I was content with a single play-through.

My god , I think I have done at least 10 playthroughs since it came out in 2013 on PS3 , never get tired of the story or the game. I have not played it in close to a year so will do another playthrough before the new one comes out.

Level design , clickers , story , characters , raw emotion one of the few times I teared up playing a game.   

• Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    mca47 said:
    I'm playing it now for the 7th time (:

It's best to play in the grounded mode, when every mistake gonna kill u
  • Options
    Matts3221 said:
    mca47 said:

My god , I think I have done at least 10 playthroughs since it came out in 2013 on PS3 , never get tired of the story or the game. I have not played it in close to a year so will do another playthrough before the new one comes out.

Level design , clickers , story , characters , raw emotion one of the few times I teared up playing a game.   

I think that's why I was ok with playing it once.  It didn't think it would have the same "feel" as it did the first time through.  Just a brilliant story, the emotion, everything was perfectly done.
    That said, I'm now ready to dive back in.
  • Options
    Yeh, I also just played the first one a single time. I think it was a great game, but kinda did not feel the need to replay it again.

I think it will be the same for part 2. 

I do not do much of replays besides RPG games I think in general. 
  • Options
    El said:
    Yeh, I also just played the first one a single time. I think it was a great game, but kinda did not feel the need to replay it again.

Yup.  I almost never replay story-based games.  I might replay Red Dead 2 at some point.  I know there was a lot of stuff I didn't do or missed.
    I also pretty much have to replay the Resident Evil 3 remake.  Got to a point where I got "stuck" with no ammo.  Can't go back to get more and can't get through with the tiny bit of ammo I have.
    Thought about replaying Horizon Zero Dawn, but will prob just wait for the new one with the new system.  
    Was also going to replay Zelda Breath of the Wild.  I travel a lot for work (or I did) and that game made those flights fly by.
  • Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    NBA 2k20 is now in ps store for, like, five bucks! Good deal
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    El said:

Yup.  I almost never replay story-based games.  I might replay Red Dead 2 at some point.  I know there was a lot of stuff I didn't do or missed.
    I also pretty much have to replay the Resident Evil 3 remake.  Got to a point where I got "stuck" with no ammo.  Can't go back to get more and can't get through with the tiny bit of ammo I have.
    Thought about replaying Horizon Zero Dawn, but will prob just wait for the new one with the new system.  
    Was also going to replay Zelda Breath of the Wild.  I travel a lot for work (or I did) and that game made those flights fly by.

Breath Of The Wild just seemed like too much for me to jump back into , I want to but I think my first playthrough was around 120 hours and I just did not want to start over. Only thing that may tip that scale is I played it on the WiiU the first time and now having a Switch it could be cool.

I did want to re-play Zelda: Skyward Sword , I love it the first time I played it but my now wife's father passed a month after it came out , I was pretty far thru it but by time we were thru it , I just had lost interest in picking it up again. 

• Options
    Breath of the Wild on Switch was fun. I remember I bought it when I was sick and had to spend a week in bed so I played in in handheld mode and was surprised how fun and easy to play it is that way. I did not finish it ever ( think I was about 70% through the main story) and now I have no drive to go back, but still I enjoyed it (though I would not give it all those 10/10). 
  • Options
    I remember beating Breath of the Wild on a plane.  This was a month or two after the Switch and the game came out.  
    I was battling the last "guys" and it was super intense, when all of a sudden, this dude and his kid come up and tap me on the shoulder.  "Hey, is that that Switch...der, what are you playing...that looks neat."  I remember saying something like "Uh, yeah it is" and putting my earbuds back in.  Total dick move but you don't interrupt me when I'm beating the boss and what took me like 100 hours to get to!  LOL
  • Options
    Just bought Jedi Outcast and Academy on the switch. Now having a beer on the balcony and remembering good old times
  • Options
    El said:
    Just bought Jedi Outcast and Academy on the switch. Now having a beer on the balcony and remembering good old times
    Did they fix the ability for PC gamers to play against Switch users?
  • Options
    No idea. I am not a fan of multiplayer (except for Fifa) so did not even try. 
  • Options
    Been playing The Last of Us "Remastered".  Man, what a great game that is!  It def looks dated compared to modern games, but it still hold up well.   Crazy to think the original was a PS3 game.

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Never finished the Last of Us.   I'm not a big fan of linear games filled with cut-scenes.

I have been playing MLB The Show 20.  Mainly the Diamond Dynasty mode.  Its a bit of a grind, but it is fun.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Animal Crossing nonstop here lol
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Same here. I went deep down the AC rabbit hole.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    Am I the only one who knows nothing about Animal Crossing?  I see it mentioned so often and I know zip about it.  
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    mca47 said:
    Am I the only one who knows nothing about Animal Crossing?  I see it mentioned so often and I know zip about it.  
    I doubt it. I had never played any of the previous versions. I asked a lot of questions before I picked it up. It's mindless with very few objectives. 
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    I doubt it. I had never played any of the previous versions. I asked a lot of questions before I picked it up. It's mindless with very few objectives. 

The only one I played was the first for Gamecube ( I think that was the first one ) I went down the rabbit hole with it and yes looking back it seems like I wasted my time just doing chores around a town and spicing my house up.

However I also play 100+ hours of Death Stranding last year so I cant say people are wasting their times while I spent 10 hours one day on that game building a road from one stop to the next lol

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,354