Black Crowes double acoustic album, tour, hiatus, **RETURN**

Comments

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,889
    Wait, so you're saying Ed gets a bigger cut than the rest of the PJ guys?  Where did you read/hear this?  I'd be awfully surprised if that's true.  Or actually surprised that Stone, Jeff, and Mike would agree to it.  
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    In the 5 Against 1 book that came out 20-ish years ago, Dave A. talks about how Ed started getting a bigger cut when Vs. came out. That's the time-frame I recall, anyway. Not going to read the book again to fact check.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,795
    edited December 2019
    Wait, so you're saying Ed gets a bigger cut than the rest of the PJ guys?  Where did you read/hear this?  I'd be awfully surprised if that's true.  Or actually surprised that Stone, Jeff, and Mike would agree to it.  
    It's in the 5 vs 1 book. When the band blew up there was a change in the money split, and Eddie got more then the rest of the band.

EDIT: stated above already 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Brothers of a Feather coming on vinyl in February.
  • tusevuntusevun Posts: 217
    Did anyone else get all the unreleased demos/outtakes released today?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    tusevun said:
    Did anyone else get all the unreleased demos/outtakes released today?
    wha...?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

tusevun said:

and you got these where?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited December 2019
    internet
    shoot me an email address
    sent
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    DewieCox said:
    What!! Is there a preorder? Love this album!!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
    tusevun said:
    sent
    thanks!!!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    Don’t know if it’s true, but there are rumors of a birds of the feather tour in the winter/spring before the Crowes start to fly.  Take this with a grain of salt 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,934
    dr122931 said:
    Don’t know if it’s true, but there are rumors of a birds of the feather tour in the winter/spring before the Crowes start to fly.  Take this with a grain of salt 
    Football stadiums and playing By Your Side in full?
    Joking! I'd be very interested in a Brothers Of A Feather show.
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    DewieCox said:
    I like the sounds of that
    DewieCox said:
    Elusivedisc has it. If it’s like other recent reissue, might be smart to jump on it ASAP.

The rumors about a BOAF tour are from their new manager who followed them on Stern and I believe it was aired later. Pretty sure the same guy that’s spearheading the SYMM tour so I’m keeping anticipation tempered at this point. 
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    Elusivedisc has it. If it’s like other recent reissue, might be smart to jump on it ASAP.

The rumors about a BOAF tour are from their new manager who followed them on Stern and I believe it was aired later. Pretty sure the same guy that’s spearheading the SYMM tour so I’m keeping anticipation tempered at this point. 

Thanks for the heads up. I went on the site but don't see an option to add to cart for the pre-order. Is it just me?

Thanks Dewie 
    worked from my phone. 
    Issue Might have been the web browser I was on at work
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,812
    DewieCox said:
    Thanks for the head-up, Dewie :sunglasses: I've not been buying much vinyl these days but this is a must have :smiley:
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,812
    tusevun said:

Just PM'd you @tusevun
    Would much enjoy these if you're able to share
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Yes!! Thank you very much!!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
    jjflash said:
    tusevun said:

Just PM'd you @tusevun
    Would much enjoy these if you're able to share
    Shoot me an email if you haven't and when I get home I will. 
    Zoinks!!

“On “The Howard Stern Show” in mid-November, the Motley Crue reunion and ensuing tour was leaked by The Black Crowes manager, Mark DiDia, ruining any well-organized strategies the bands camp had in making the major announcement.

When Variety asked how the band would have liked to have made the announcement, Sixx’s tongue-in-cheek response with dripping with comical sarcasm, “We would have announced it here, the way it should have been. It was announced by The Black Crowes manager, which I heard their tour was just cancelled and he got fired, unfortunately, but that doesn’t affect our stadium tour.”

Yikes

Im hoping its not cancelled. I am looking forward to the show next summer.

Maybe its Nicki Sixx being an asshole back at DiDia.

having said that, he is an insider in the music business and does hear things of this nature id bet.  

DewieCox said:
    Zoinks!!

“On “The Howard Stern Show” in mid-November, the Motley Crue reunion and ensuing tour was leaked by The Black Crowes manager, Mark DiDia, ruining any well-organized strategies the bands camp had in making the major announcement.

When Variety asked how the band would have liked to have made the announcement, Sixx’s tongue-in-cheek response with dripping with comical sarcasm, “We would have announced it here, the way it should have been. It was announced by The Black Crowes manager, which I heard their tour was just cancelled and he got fired, unfortunately, but that doesn’t affect our stadium tour.”
    HAHAHA. not a crue fan, but Nikki is awesome. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152

Yikes

having said that, he is an insider in the music business and does hear things of this nature id bet.  

I'm sure its Just Sixx taking a well deserved jab back at DiDia, but I'll bet he's keenly aware of how poorly the Crowes tix are selling.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

Yikes

I'm sure its Just Sixx taking a well deserved jab back at DiDia, but I'll bet he's keenly aware of how poorly the Crowes tix are selling.
    Yeah, I agree with this. Gotta think they would explore adding support or maybe even moving some venues rather than flat out canceling the whole thing.