I LOVE world cup stats.

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Yup...don't really care about it either myself. :twisted:

Then again, I love the NBA and everyone seems to have their panties in a twist over that league. :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    dcfaithful wrote:

Then again, I love the NBA and everyone seems to have their panties in a twist over that league. :?
    Hehe ... the NBA is for kiddies. The NHL is what adults watch to get their sports fix.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Songburst wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Hehe ... the NBA is for kiddies. The NHL is what adults watch to get their sports fix.

Or Canadians.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Songburst wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Or Canadians.

93739-canada-goes-on-strike-in-stvs-south-park-200.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Songburst wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Or Canadians.
    I don't know what you guys are talking aboot.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Songburst wrote:
    Songburst wrote:

Or Canadians.
    I don't know what you guys are talking aboot.

"How's it goin', eh?"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    5 more goals in 3 games today for an average of ....... 1.6666667
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    Still a great tournament ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    This guy...

Not helping.

englishfan.JPG
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    81 wrote:
    at least 8 in 2 today, what does that do?
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Dwelling on the negative simply contributes to its power.
    ........Shirley MacLaine
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

RW81233 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i believe these game will pull the tourney avg up to 1.89 goals per game. 36 goals in 19 games
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    T

englishfan.JPG
    hubba-hubba.
    8-)
    now that's a REAL man!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    We'll definitely see more goals in the coming matches. 8 so far today with one more match upcoming.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    We'll definitely see more goals in the coming matches. 8 so far today with one more match upcoming.

Yep, teams have to start winning to advance.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    81 wrote:
    F the Yankee's. :mrgreen:

why? i dunno. why not. it's a good thread to get away from the countless world cup threads. we are getting the cup shoved down out throat. been to yahoo's home page or sports page lately? they have scores on the front page, then go to mlb, or nba or whatever, and they sneak a world cup score line at the bottom. i didn't see them doing that for the stanley cup. put all the world cup stuff on the soccer page and call it a day.

and lets not forget espn...have they even shown a soccer match in the last 5 years? WC rolls around and they go ape shit for it.

so once again, i say F the world cup. stop shoving it down my throat on great media members.
    espn has shown alota soccer since the us 02 world cup run

know what you are talking bout before you make a point

just saying
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    admittedly, I'm not a big soccer fan. I've been watching the WC games though, as I think the tourney is cool. The diving and antics by the players every time they're touched really ruins the sport for me though. And the dude from brazil crying after he scored could possibly have been the worst thing I've ever seen (thought I was watching a WNBA game for a second there). Even worse than leighton allowing that awful patrick kane goal in OT

It was weird seeing tim hardaway in goal for nigeria today. he made some sick saves
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i believe these game will pull the tourney avg up to 1.89 goals per game. 36 goals in 19 games
    All the proof I need of someone taking the piss out of something they know F all about.
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

why? i dunno. why not. it's a good thread to get away from the countless world cup threads. we are getting the cup shoved down out throat. been to yahoo's home page or sports page lately? they have scores on the front page, then go to mlb, or nba or whatever, and they sneak a world cup score line at the bottom. i didn't see them doing that for the stanley cup. put all the world cup stuff on the soccer page and call it a day.

and lets not forget espn...have they even shown a soccer match in the last 5 years? WC rolls around and they go ape shit for it.

so once again, i say F the world cup. stop shoving it down my throat on great media members.

just saying

did you miss the question mark after the espn question?

just saying
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    nuffingman wrote:
    All the proof I need of someone taking the piss out of something they know F all about.

really, if you like it, enjoy. have at it. don't worry about us people that don't care about it. it's all good. :)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

just saying

did you miss the question mark after the espn question?

just saying

I see it, thanks for asking.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm thinking the US needs at least 2 goals tomorrow so their not sweating it out in the Algeria match next week.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

just saying

It is a big deal outside of most of the world being interested......it only happens ONCE every 4 years and lasts a month maybe in it's entirety. Then it's back to our 4 major sports...look at the WC as a welcome break every 4 years for a month. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

81 wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:

really, if you like it, enjoy. have at it. don't worry about us people that don't care about it. it's all good. :)
    I'm just worried what happens when the battery in your calculator runs out. You'll be lost, won't know what to do. Expect we'll find you in the "Kitty" thread. :lol:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm thinking the US needs at least 2 goals tomorrow so their not sweating it out in the Algeria match next week.

Would be nice, I will take a win period though. England should take care of both of them.
    nuffingman wrote:
    81 wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:

I'm just worried what happens when the battery in your calculator runs out. You'll be lost, won't know what to do. Expect we'll find you in the "Kitty" thread. :lol:

excel baby.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    :mrgreen:
    That's more like it. :thumbup: :thumbup: You're learning fast. It's a real pleasure to realise someone's not as dumb as you thought they were. :D
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    yahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gif
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”