8181 Posts: 58,276
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
am i the only one that just doesn't care about it. :lol:
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PapPap Posts: 28,823
    Yes. :D Why don't you sit in your couch, order a pizza and beers and enjoy the England vs. USA match tonight? Maybe, you 'll change your mind. My prediction: lots of goals. Have fun!:mrgreen:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'd rather watch paint dry
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    81 wrote:

Stll recovering from the Blackhawks Stanley Cup Championship, I can understand even though I don't agree. :D

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb50 ... leycup.jpg

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I think I need to agree with 81!
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Well you are from the US... :roll:
    g under p wrote:
    81 wrote:

Stll recovering from the Blackhawks Stanley Cup Championship, I can understand even though I don't agree. :D

peace

fuck the hawks too. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Brisk. wrote:

it's a sin i've had to live with since birth. i'm white and male as well, so pretty much everyone hates me for one reason or anouther.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    81 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    81 wrote:

peace

fuck the hawks too. :lol:

Man, you are in a classic up beat mood today. :mrgreen: I know you will suffer but.....Watch the USA/ England game and get back to us. :D

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Brisk. wrote:

More us fans are at the game today then england fans

Just saying
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• murphyJammermurphyJammer Posts: 120
    81 wrote:

People only think soccer is boring until they give it a chance. Especially at a high level.
    "Bombs dropping down. Please forgive our hometown"
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I don't care about it either. 8-)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    We get bitched at because we have too many American sports threads, but when world cup comes around people go apeshit with threads!

How would people like it if I made a new thread every time the Sox did something, huh?
  • PapPap Posts: 28,823
    We get bitched at because we have too many American sports threads, but when world cup comes around people go apeshit with threads!

How would people like it if I made a new thread every time the Sox did something, huh?
    As Hommer has said: "Boring!..." :)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Pap wrote:

As Hommer has said: "Boring!..." :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv0m43Q_ ... ature=fvwp

:P
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

:D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Hairy DaneHairy Dane Posts: 205
    Well football (or soccer) became fairly boring once the players became more interested in their hairdos, sponorships and who they kissed off the pitch. Truthfully it all ended somewhere between 1986 and 1992.
    Plus the removal of axes, flails and swords also made the game somewhat more boring ... yes "we" played it over 1000 years ago with an inflated sheep or cow bladder (same material "we" used to make windows (not the software)).

But thankfully not all hope is lost and over, right now the greatest motorsport event in the world is unfolding in France so watch that in stead and rejoice in the fact that not all sportsmen need padding, consistency in oval tracks, helmets and oddly shaped balls to have a gay old time on the pitch, the track or wherever.
    Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.

that'd get us what, maybe 4 threads this season. :o
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    81 wrote:
    Nope.
    I would rather watch monster trucks or Fat Albert reruns.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    when is this thing over?

btw....only 41 days until training camp
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    What up, dude?
    How could you not be amazed by the English goal tenders hand-eye coordination..let alone foot work??
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    81 wrote:

People only think soccer is boring until they give it a chance. Especially at a high level.
    I like to watch many sports at the highest level. Watching the England/USA match was about as fun as watching a bunch of kids play in the youth league. The level of play does not make soccer anymore exciting. The game has a total lack of action. Back and forth, back and forth, near the goal, then turn around and do it the other way.
    #FHP
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Aero83_ wrote:
    What up, dude?
    How could you not be amazed by the English goal tenders hand-eye coordination..let alone foot work??
    Great comment! BTW I think they all play soccer because they lack hand-eye coordination. After all the goal tender is the only one aloud the use his hands.
    #FHP
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,038
    Horos wrote:
    81 wrote:

I like to watch many sports at the highest level. Watching the England/USA match was about as fun as watching a bunch of kids play in the youth league. The level of play does not make soccer anymore exciting. The game has a total lack of action. Back and forth, back and forth, near the goal, then turn around and do it the other way.
    I'll tell you what, you never know when something spectacular is going to happen. I once saw Brian McBride score an awesome goal. Dude went horizontal about 5 feet in the air, kind of wrapping around an opposing player"s upper body/head , not touching him in anyway. The goalie had ZERO chance to defend that. 2nd or 3rd year of MLS(?) might have been goal of the year , or certainly top 3. Happened in OSU Stadium ( The Horseshoe). Thats what makes it so exciting.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    Pap wrote:
    enjoy the England vs. USA match tonight? Maybe, you 'll change your mind. My prediction: lots of goals. Have fun! :mrgreen:
    pap's prediction was right....1-1.....woo-hoo! a regular scorefest! :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Pap wrote:
    enjoy the England vs. USA match tonight? Maybe, you 'll change your mind. My prediction: lots of goals. Have fun! :mrgreen:
    pap's prediction was right....1-1.....woo-hoo! a regular scorefest! :?

isn't the over under on a typical soccer game like 0.5?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    To each it's own this tournament is one if not the biggest sporting events in the world every other continent is watching this event , it's not like the so called WORLD SERIES which by the way has no Worldly feel to at all :lol::lol: This has the whole world's attention 8-) ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    This has the whole world's attention 8-) ....

if you exclude 95% of the US. I'd say canada, but i'm not sure about them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    81 wrote:
    This has the whole world's attention 8-) ....

if you exclude 95% of the US. I'd say canada, but i'm not sure about them.

No i would say they are watching more than the folks here plus they are more Worldly than Americans, But i do agree 95% of America is sitting at the edge of their seats waiting for the outcome of the NBA finals or today's baseball scores :lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    But i do agree 95% of America is sitting at the edge of their seats waiting for today's baseball scores :lol::lol:
    hell yes. there's some big games:

washington v. cleveland
    KC v. cincinnati
    toronto v. colorado

;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11