Unreleased Pearl Jam Song "Better Days" Leaks

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,152
    Considering Eddie's Accordian prowess as shown during Bugs in Philly...

We will never get to hear this :mrgreen:

There's needs to be an Ed vs Weird Al show off someday! :P

Got Better Day's burned on CD this morning, spinning @ work. It's great. :D
  • cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    It's a great tune... glad we got to hear it :)
    Does this mean.... an EP soon? A man can hope :)
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • demetrios wrote:

Is there anyone at all, anywhere, that doubted this for a second?
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,922
    demetrios wrote:

I think the issue is just how great it is. For me, it's Unthought Known great, In My Tree great -- instant top ten contender, you know? I'm having trouble pulling myself away from the computer, cannot stop listening to it.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • wolkenloswolkenlos Posts: 591
    Oh my god.
    I have to post here and receive all the hate from you. But. I don't think this song is so special in any way :? I can't be the only one thinking that?

Normally I can't decide which of PJs songs are my favorite because they are all so amazing, but this song? :roll: No. :D
    Maybe it's good for going to sleep to :D
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,152
    demetrios wrote:

I think the issue is just how great it is. For me, it's Unthought Known great, In My Tree great -- instant top ten contender, you know? I'm having trouble pulling myself away from the computer, cannot stop listening to it.

I kinda wished a little there was more of that spanish guitar soloing. But all n' all, it's great. Why oh why hasn't this been put on a b-side vinyl/cd or best on a holiday single? :|
  • PJ ColombianPJ Colombian Posts: 113
    edited June 2010
    I hear a tasty mixture of Parachutes / Santa Cruz with a lot of ITW and a little Unthought Known.. I've been uplifted.!
    Post edited by PJ Colombian on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    wolkenlos wrote:
    Oh my god.
    I have to post here and receive all the hate from you. But. I don't think this song is so special in any way :? I can't be the only one thinking that?

Normally I can't decide which of PJs songs are my favorite because they are all so amazing, but this song? :roll: No. :D

no hate here. some people will like it and some won't. personally, i really like it. it's a nice departure from the Backspacer "sound". and i like Backspacer, but change is always a good thing.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    mfc2006 wrote:
    wolkenlos wrote:
    Oh my god.

no hate here. some people will like it and some won't. personally, i really like it. it's a nice departure from the Backspacer "sound". and i like Backspacer, but change is always a good thing.

I agree. I like, I am sure some people won't. I hope something is done with it by PJ/10C.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,341
    This one is kind of like Love Boat Captain to me -- some really good parts but a little hokey and doesn't quite come together.

Still, cool to hear it.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Big ShaneBig Shane Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    What a surprise to receive this new song in a Google Alert for PJ. A special and unexpected start to my day. I would be surprised if this is Riot Act Era. I'm think its more Self-titled/Into the Wild Era.
    Either way its different, uplifting and positive
    Post edited by Big Shane on
    Champagne breakfast for everyone
  • fireladiefireladie Posts: 36
    tenth listen caught the words...hang on while I reel myself down from the ceiling, totally fits with whats going on for me right now... gotta go paint something, they never dull in their power to move & inspire.
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,028
    Pretty decent song. Would be great to get some more info on it.
  • pearlhawkpearlhawk Posts: 634
    So do we know how this song officially, unofficially leaked?
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    I'm out of the loop.
    Someone ... help me. :cry:
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    I'm really digging it. This was a hell of a way to start the day, as I noted several deleted threads ago. It's not everyday you unexpected gte a new, and more importantly quality, PJ tune. Just awesome 8-)
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    I love the build up. The ending of that song is incredible.
  • I love this! Should have been on the Riot Act over a few of the other songs if you ask me.
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,617
    Because it was on the Monkeywrench site, I am thinking this would have to be post-Riot Act, otherwise Sony would own the rights to it, right? Of course, when you leak a song, nobody gets paid, but whenever the hell its from, I love it.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,028
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    Because it was on the Monkeywrench site, I am thinking this would have to be post-Riot Act, otherwise Sony would own the rights to it, right? Of course, when you leak a song, nobody gets paid, but whenever the hell its from, I love it.

According to this site, it's from Riot Act:

http://web.archive.org/web/200306251716 ... guide.html
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    wolkenlos wrote:
    Oh my god.

Sounds like it needs a sitar on it...
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,617
    don't you just hate how PJ leaves these awsome beautiful amazing songs off of albums? and if it was from Riot Act, they left it off Lost Dogs too! Man these guys are good.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    don't you just hate how PJ leaves these awsome beautiful amazing songs off of albums? and if it was from Riot Act, they left it off Lost Dogs too! Man these guys are good.

yup. it would be amazing to tour their vault & pop in random recordings. they've gotta be sitting on a ton of unreleased stuff.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    WOW!!!!!! Awesome song! Would be a great opener with the huge build up and all.
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    A truly lovely song. I won't be reading any negative comments ... I'm too busy listening to and appreciating this unexpected gift.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    So beautiful. I could just cry.
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Fill my heart with discipline put there for the teaching
    In my head see clouds of stairs
    Help me as I'm reaching
    The future's paved with better days. . .

Fucking beautiful. Thank you Ed, and Jeff, Stone, Mike, Matt and Boom!

I say this song can take the "Just Breathe" spot on the next tour!
  • Echoing the Beautiful sentiment!

Love the solo, love it all! Fantastic!!!!!!!!!

An instant favorite! (Build up is great power)
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    I may be wrong, but I don't see this being a left over from Riot Act. The song is definitely more ITW era, which also carried over to some of the BS songs. Also, the song is much more joyful and positive which is another theme pretty prominent on BS. That's just my opinion.